5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

Anybody else seen Hotshots website?

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2007, 12:33 PM
There's never a day when something's not on sale

Now i'm wishing I had wrote a check rather than a money order.
That way I could've canceled payment on it....
Old 04-04-2007, 01:04 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Originally Posted by E55AMG2
coating isnt for rust, its for heat retention. High temp paint does nothing for that.

I know that, but on a Maxima it will not really make any difference. If it was 454 big block, ok.

I talked about rust because thats why many said they wanted to get them CC...
Old 04-04-2007, 01:10 PM
Wat

Originally Posted by upstatemax
I know that, but on a Maxima it will not really make any difference. If it was 454 big block, ok.

I talked about rust because thats why many said they wanted to get them CC...

Whomever told you that it wont make a difference is full of $hit. It doesnt matter what engine it's on, scavenging from exhaust gas velocity is what makes HP and ceramic coating maximizes it. Im willing to bet its worth a few whp.
Old 04-04-2007, 01:17 PM

Whomever told you that it wont make a difference is full of $hit. It doesnt matter what engine it's on, scavenging from exhaust gas velocity is what makes HP and ceramic coating maximizes it. Im willing to bet its worth a few whp.

$300 for a 1-2 whp MAX...

Sounds useless to me.
Old 04-04-2007, 01:22 PM
Wat

$300 for a 1-2 whp MAX...

Sounds useless to me.

do some research on coatings, it's more than 1-2whp
Old 04-04-2007, 01:29 PM

do some research on coatings, it's more than 1-2whp

On a Maxima...

As I said before, if it were on a Big Block V8, or something that can kick off some real heat... It adds some power.

On a little 3.0-3.5 V6... It is VERY little WHP gain. Feel free to prove me wrong with consistant dyno's that show something like 8-9whp like it can on a fully decked out big block.
Old 04-04-2007, 01:37 PM

Originally Posted by blackmaxx96
Now i'm wishing I had wrote a check rather than a money order.
That way I could've canceled payment on it....
hmm I sent him a MO overnight and I got mine...hope it works out for you.
Old 04-04-2007, 01:39 PM
Wat

On a Maxima...

As I said before, if it were on a Big Block V8, or something that can kick off some real heat... It adds some power.

On a little 3.0-3.5 V6... It is VERY little WHP gain. Feel free to prove me wrong with consistant dyno's that show something like 8-9whp like it can on a fully decked out big block.

It might be a little bit difficult for me to do in that, as I dont have my car anymore. Im willing to bet its worth 6 or 7 whp, not to mention the additional benefit of reduced underhood temperatures. Either way, you assume that the VQ does not make very much heat. Its quite the contrary, its a high compression (for the street) v6 that can rev reasonably high (with an ECU). I used to see EGTs in the 1400s with mine at 7300 rpm, and the last time I checked that was plenty of heat (and not much cooler, if any, than any "big block 454"). Check the advanced performance forum, you might be surprised what these engines can do.
Old 04-04-2007, 02:01 PM

It might be a little bit difficult for me to do in that, as I dont have my car anymore. Im willing to bet its worth 6 or 7 whp, not to mention the additional benefit of reduced underhood temperatures. Either way, you assume that the VQ does not make very much heat. Its quite the contrary, its a high compression (for the street) v6 that can rev reasonably high (with an ECU). I used to see EGTs in the 1400s with mine at 7300 rpm, and the last time I checked that was plenty of heat (and not much cooler, if any, than any "big block 454"). Check the advanced performance forum, you might be surprised what these engines can do.

If you think it makes that much of a difference... Then why do Cattman headers that are not coated make more power than the coated HotShots?

If the coating adds 6-7whp, HotShots should post better #'s that Cattmans.
Old 04-04-2007, 05:24 PM
Helicopters! Money!!!

If you think it makes that much of a difference... Then why do Cattman headers that are not coated make more power than the coated HotShots?

If the coating adds 6-7whp, HotShots should post better #'s that Cattmans.
I thought it was the other way around with the hotshots having slightly more peak and top end hp due to longer tubes??
Old 04-04-2007, 05:27 PM

Originally Posted by Weimar Ben
I thought it was the other way around with the hotshots having slightly more peak and top end hp due to longer tubes??

Over all Cattmans make more power than HotShots, the curve is "shifted" towards the Mid-Range thanks to slightly shorter monifolds.
Old 04-04-2007, 09:11 PM
Wat

Over all Cattmans make more power than HotShots, the curve is "shifted" towards the Mid-Range thanks to slightly shorter monifolds.
Got dynos to prove it? My hotshots made 26hp over a WSP Y pipe (both with the same mandrel bent 2.5 rear section w/ 3" mandrel over the axle, race cat, and magnaflow muffler). Over stock they made 38whp. Midrange does not = more overall power, area under the curve is greatest when peak tq is higher in the rev range.
Old 04-05-2007, 05:56 AM

Got dynos to prove it? My hotshots made 26hp over a WSP Y pipe (both with the same mandrel bent 2.5 rear section w/ 3" mandrel over the axle, race cat, and magnaflow muffler). Over stock they made 38whp. Midrange does not = more overall power, area under the curve is greatest when peak tq is higher in the rev range.
I would love to see your dyno's since every 5th gen with Hotshots were making 18-20whp over stock, while Cattmans were making 22-25whp.

I plain and simple have to call BS that your 5th gen Maxima (3.0 or 3.5) making 38whp with only HotShot headers.

From the dyno's I have seen, Cattman had a better power curve delivering more Tq. They also deliver more useable power since it comes earlier...

From someone who ran HotShots (coated) for two years and swapped to Cattmans, Cattmans are far better than HotShots. I NEVER thought I would feel a difference in the car when I swapped to Cattman, I only did it for the SS and EGR. However, the difference was noticable right away, car has much more pull than it ever did with HotShots.
Old 04-05-2007, 06:57 AM
Wat

I plain and simple have to call BS that your 5th gen Maxima (3.0 or 3.5) making 38whp with only HotShot headers.
I think you might have to go re-read my post.

From the dyno's I have seen, Cattman had a better power curve delivering more Tq. They also deliver more useable power since it comes earlier...
I will happily email you the runfiles, Ive also got one from SR20DEN, with cattmans. Curves are the same, except his is higher (manual vs auto, mine being the auto).

From someone who ran HotShots (coated) for two years and swapped to Cattmans, Cattmans are far better than HotShots. I NEVER thought I would feel a difference in the car when I swapped to Cattman, I only did it for the SS and EGR. However, the difference was noticable right away, car has much more pull than it ever did with HotShots.
The last I checked, cattmans were coated from the factory.

The other thing that makes a difference is you are a 3.0, and I am a 3.5. The way they deliver power is very different from one another. The Vq30de-k makes peak power at redline, whereas the VQ35de makes peak power (stock) at 5500rpm. The hotshots were designed with the 3.5's power curve in mind, and shift the power where it needs to be (the extra displacement takes up the slack down low). The de-k's already make peak power at redline, and all the hotshots will do is raise the curve slightly. The cattmans were designed with the 3.0 in mind, and compromised from that to fit the needs of the 3.5. Hence the fatter midrange punch (which, I admint, was decidedly missing in my 01AE before a semi truck decided to flatten it).
Old 04-05-2007, 08:01 AM

I will happily email you the runfiles, Ive also got one from SR20DEN, with cattmans. Curves are the same, except his is higher (manual vs auto, mine being the auto).

The last I checked, cattmans were coated from the factory.

The other thing that makes a difference is you are a 3.0, and I am a 3.5. The way they deliver power is very different from one another. The Vq30de-k makes peak power at redline, whereas the VQ35de makes peak power (stock) at 5500rpm. The hotshots were designed with the 3.5's power curve in mind, and shift the power where it needs to be (the extra displacement takes up the slack down low). The de-k's already make peak power at redline, and all the hotshots will do is raise the curve slightly. The cattmans were designed with the 3.0 in mind, and compromised from that to fit the needs of the 3.5. Hence the fatter midrange punch (which, I admint, was decidedly missing in my 01AE before a semi truck decided to flatten it).

I am not going to compaire dynos from an auto Max to a max with stick... The auto gearing on this car is garbage (yes, I have an auto also).

The Cattmans are not coated. Anyway, the real argument is if the coating really adds the power... I should have been smart enough to not make this into a Cattman Vs HotShot debate, this could go on for 10 pages.

I don't think there are any 3.5's on here that have run HotShots and the the Gen3 Cattmans...

I just don't see the coating adding the power, I called my brother about the coating for his input (he builds muscle cars for a living)... He refuses to use it... saying it does not really add much and for the price they want to charge he just wraps the tubes; "If someone wants the tubes to look pretty, fine get the coating, but thats all it is really good for".

The only way to really settle this is if one of the guys that just got the HotShots installs the un-coated headers, dyno's, sends them for the coating, gets back on the dyno and look for any consistant gains.
Old 04-05-2007, 08:06 AM
dot dot dot ...

Cattman Gen I's FTW.
Old 04-05-2007, 08:48 AM
Wat

I just don't see the coating adding the power, I called my brother about the coating for his input (he builds muscle cars for a living)... He refuses to use it... saying it does not really add much and for the price they want to charge he just wraps the tubes; "If someone wants the tubes to look pretty, fine get the coating, but thats all it is really good for".

The only way to really settle this is if one of the guys that just got the HotShots installs the un-coated headers, dyno's, sends them for the coating, gets back on the dyno and look for any consistant gains.

I've seen it with my own two eyes, it really does work. The fact that you dont see underhood temps as high as the stock cast iron headers clearly indicates that. Although, no matter how cheap the coating is, its still not quite as effective as header tape (but much more durable and attractive). Your brother might be a wee bit biased, but its quite common to find that in the "hot rod" industry. I know because I deal with people in it on the daily.

If someone is willing to do the experiment, I'd be interested to see the results. Dynojet 224x or 248c only please, so we can get teh runfiles. kthxbye
Old 04-05-2007, 04:02 PM
Helicopters! Money!!!

header tape would probably cause the mild steel hotshot headers to fail. The stainless cattmans would probably hold up though.
Old 04-05-2007, 08:36 PM

I have the shierfs number for that area if anyone is interested... PM me
Old 04-07-2007, 06:06 PM
Helicopters! Money!!!

My check cleared on 3/12 and have had no contact. Anyone else besides blackmaxx96 and nismo0604 NOT received their headers?

This is the contact info on their website:

Hotshot Performance, Inc.

3592 Rosemead Blvd Unit #515

Rosemead, CA 91770

The company doing their webhosting is Esosoft.

Here's Esosoft's contact for hotshot.com
Schneider, Eric
1-909-985-0372

Esosoft may be able to assist us in finding out more information.
Old 04-07-2007, 08:01 PM
There's never a day when something's not on sale

I think the best thing to do at this point, is contact them, and the local sheriff like coinage said.

I'm going to be trying to get as much done about this on Monday as I can.
Old 04-10-2007, 05:24 PM
Helicopters! Money!!!

Originally Posted by blackmaxx96
I think the best thing to do at this point, is contact them, and the local sheriff like coinage said.

I'm going to be trying to get as much done about this on Monday as I can.
I got this from the CA Secretary of State's website. It looks like the corporate charter has been suspended.

Corporation
HOTSHOT PERFORMANCE, INCORPORATED
Number: C2192849 Date Filed: 6/16/2000 Status: suspended
Jurisdiction: California
Address
2643 ROSEMEAD BLVD
S EL MONTE, CA 91733
Agent for Service of Process
JOHN SPANGLER
2643 ROSEMEAD BLVD
S EL MONTE, CA 91733
Old 04-10-2007, 05:27 PM
Wat

I got this from the CA Secretary of State's website. It looks like the corporate charter has been suspended.

Corporation
HOTSHOT PERFORMANCE, INCORPORATED
Number: C2192849 Date Filed: 6/16/2000 Status: suspended
Jurisdiction: California
Address
2643 ROSEMEAD BLVD
S EL MONTE, CA 91733
Agent for Service of Process
JOHN SPANGLER
2643 ROSEMEAD BLVD
S EL MONTE, CA 91733

what part of HE CLOSED HIS DOORS AND RETIRED dont you get. Suspended means that he's filed to have it closed. It was in plain english on his site. I dont know why everyone is so surprised.
Old 04-10-2007, 05:45 PM
Helicopters! Money!!!

what part of HE CLOSED HIS DOORS AND RETIRED dont you get. Suspended means that he's filed to have it closed. It was in plain english on his site. I dont know why everyone is so surprised.
Actually, no.

http://www.ss.ca.gov/business/corp/c...p.htm#statinfo

"The California corporation has lost all rights and powers for failure to meet statutory filing requirements of either the Secretary of State's office or the Franchise Tax Board. Information regarding the type of suspension can be obtained by requesting a status report. Fees and instructions for requesting a status report are included on the Business Entities Records Order Form."

I've been scammed by these SOBs. It's been a month since my check cleared and the my emails aren't being responded to. I'm going on a business trip to cali in a month or so and will hunt down these scammers and take it out of their hide if I don't get my money back or my headers.
Old 04-10-2007, 05:49 PM
Wat

Actually, no.

I've been scammed by these SOBs. It's been a month since my check cleared and the my emails aren't being responded to. I'm going on a business trip to cali in a month or so and will hunt down these scammers and take it out of their hide if I don't get my money back or my headers.

It says so on his site, and has for months. You took a gamble and lost. You will not b!tch about it in my forum. /story.
Old 04-10-2007, 05:54 PM
Cletus

I've been scammed by these SOBs.
no you didnt.
this guy has been in business for years. he isnt going to end his business by scamming people.
calm down.
Old 04-10-2007, 06:01 PM

Originally Posted by soonerfan
no you didnt.
this guy has been in business for years. he isnt going to end his business by scamming people.
calm down.

He's right, it's easy to think that you are getting scammed but he has been a loyal producer. You will either get your parts or get a refund just relax.
Old 04-10-2007, 06:02 PM

love my HS headers, hope you guys get them!
Old 04-10-2007, 06:14 PM

Originally Posted by HotshotVQ35
love my HS headers, hope you guys get them!

Way to rub it in...
Old 04-10-2007, 07:18 PM

not scammed? there is 4 of us that he took $300 and ran... how is that not being scammed... as for taking a gamble.. he told us he had the damn things and he didnt have enough.. thats bull****.. you guys would be in the same boat as us if it happened to you so dont say you wouldnt be pissed and just let it go. so instead of being an *** how about you let the "community" help us get our money or headers.
Old 04-10-2007, 07:24 PM

Originally Posted by coinage
not scammed? there is 4 of us that he took $300 and ran... how is that not being scammed... as for taking a gamble.. he told us he had the damn things and he didnt have enough.. thats bull****.. you guys would be in the same boat as us if it happened to you so dont say you wouldnt be pissed and just let it go. so instead of being an *** how about you let the "community" help us get our money or headers.

I would feel the same way theres no denying that, but i would still have hope.
Old 04-10-2007, 07:38 PM
Wat

What is posting here going to do? Nothing. He's out of business, closed, done, retired, gone. You're going to vilify someone who is out of the performance business (and has made claim to retiring on his website). Ive heard that he went on vacation from some members that recieved their headers, maybe it's true. Maybe you might get your headers one day, maybe you wont. Either way, you guys had the chance to buy these for the past 4 years, so dont b!tch in here about not getting them once the fire sale was over. Take it up with the local police, BBB, etc...