5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

Has Anyone Noticed That The Bose* SUCKS??

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2000, 07:41 PM
01PearlGLEMAX

If there is a cd with already alot of bass, you have to keep the bass really low and that makes the whole sound suck!

Old 11-04-2000, 09:03 PM
The silent but deadly Moderator

well...

compared to what? I think the 7" sub does a good job for a factory system, but when I listen to jungle, it does have a hard time. However, somethings like Lee Perry (Super Ape Inna Jungle) are clearly mixed with too much bass. I cant blame boseŽ for that. Being that I listen to everything from Tito Puente to Beenie Man, I've noticed that I cannot listen to some things at high volume, but the sound is still good. Yeah, it could be ALOT better. but like I've posted before, I'm happy that I dont have to worry about theft and can enjoy a nice sound system.

Old 11-04-2000, 09:09 PM
01PearlGLEMAX

Re: well...

Originally posted by TimW
compared to what? I think the 7" sub does a good job for a factory system, but when I listen to jungle, it does have a hard time. However, somethings like Lee Perry (Super Ape Inna Jungle) are clearly mixed with too much bass. I cant blame boseŽ for that. Being that I listen to everything from Tito Puente to Beenie Man, I've noticed that I cannot listen to some things at high volume, but the sound is still good. Yeah, it could be ALOT better. but like I've posted before, I'm happy that I dont have to worry about theft and can enjoy a nice sound system.

Yeah....EXACTLY. when i listen to the eagles or something it sounds absolutly N*CREDIBLE. But sometimes i get a cd with too much bass mixed in, and i have to listen to it low or it sounds really messed up...oh well, i guess it is factory, but i expected more from Bose.

Old 11-04-2000, 10:17 PM

I suggest you...

get the 50 buck adaptor and throw in a box that fits your needs. I've been thinking of adding a 10 in a small box. I've heard that helps the bose alot. I dont think an 8 would help and I dont need the bass of a 12. You may think about a 12 tho, if you can spare the space. Anyway, any knowledgeable shop will have the adaptor and know how to integrate it.

I cant imagine what my mirror will do, it already shakes like a 8.5 on the richter scale.
Old 11-05-2000, 04:45 AM

For a factory system, the Bose is quite good. Not like my last system which was loaded with Soundstream Class A amps, subs, etc, etc but obviously that cant be expected. Id say the factory Bose setup is one of the best factory stereos Ive ever heard.
Old 11-05-2000, 04:46 AM

And yeah...my rear view mirror shakes too with the stock sub
Old 11-05-2000, 05:13 AM

Re: I suggest you...

get the 50 buck adaptor and throw in a box that fits your needs. I've been thinking of adding a 10 in a small box. I've heard that helps the bose alot. I dont think an 8 would help and I dont need the bass of a 12. You may think about a 12 tho, if you can spare the space. Anyway, any knowledgeable shop will have the adaptor and know how to integrate it.

I cant imagine what my mirror will do, it already shakes like a 8.5 on the richter scale.
50 bux for a bus pass it too much look at around 30bux.
Old 11-05-2000, 09:03 PM

Get 1 JL Audio Sub

I too was thinking the Bose system was lacking something, so i had a shop put in a 10" JL Sub with Alpine V12 Amp, and it truly rocks now!. BTW: Does anyone know how i can hook up a MP3 Player to the Bose headunit? ANy sugestions would be great. Thx

GC

Old 11-05-2000, 11:03 PM

heh, mp3 thru bose...

http://www.digisette.com/

dont know what it would sound like. I have a sony cassette adaptor that i use with my laptop GPS to call out directions thru the car speakers. there are pops and clicks (not from the laptop). I tried it with a RIO and while it worked and sounded decent 99% of the time, sometimes a deep bass hit would pop. I dont know if that thing would be the same, not sure if its a limition of the tape head or something freaky with the adaptor itself.
Old 11-05-2000, 11:15 PM

my buddy works at a stereo shop and they have a saying about bose systems in cars: Got no highs
Got no lows
Its gotta be BOSE.
Not saying i agree with it, but it was kinda funny.
Old 11-06-2000, 03:45 AM

Originally posted by freeze00
my buddy works at a stereo shop and they have a saying about bose systems in cars: Got no highs
Got no lows
Its gotta be BOSE.
Not saying i agree with it, but it was kinda funny.
Hehehhhee....I friend of mine owns a couple of car audio shops and he says the same thing......
Old 11-06-2000, 04:45 PM

Originally posted by 01PearlGLEMAX
If there is a cd with already alot of bass, you have to keep the bass really low and that makes the whole sound suck!
Ive noticed that problem also. I have the upgraded BOSE in my 2k Max SE. I was a lilttle surprised that the Bose did not handle the bass as good as I thought it would. MY previous car was a 97 Lexus ES 300 with a Nakamichi stereo. Now that stereo kicked some serious BUTT.
Old 11-06-2000, 05:13 PM

Re: well...

I agree... It sounds good enough for the car without the added worry of coming back to find my windows bashed in. I'll save the big guns for my home audio system... I will admit, there are some songs that have brought a comment from a friend or two (ex: "Missing" by Everything But The Girl) gets a lot of bass for an extended time... I like it though... but then I'm the guy who found the perfect position for the sub in my room and then moved the furniture in around it... nothing like clean sounding bass that vibrates anything off my shelf not held down by quake hold!

ahhhhhhh......