5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

Got my Baby!!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2001, 03:05 PM

Got my Baby!!!

Hey all,

Finally got my majestic blue 6 spd Maxima yesterday!! I'm so happy I can hardly contain myself. Happy Happy Joy Joy.

When I saw the car in daylight I was so relieved. I debated a long time on whether to go with another black Max or go with the Majestic Blue. I ended up basing my decision on a 2k1 Majestic Blue AE in the dealership under florescent lights, so I was nervous that the colour would not look as good in the daylight. It looks great. I think the blue works better with the clear tailights.

First impressions compared to our 2k 5 Spd.

This motor is a monster. Even babying it and keeping it below 3500 RPM, I can tell there is alot more torque and power, especially lower down in the revs. Must...resist....until...broken...in.....

The lights are f!#$ awesome. I live in the country so my drive home involves about 15 minutes of driving on unlit roads (no street lights) and it is night and day with my 5 spd. The brights are also much better, probably because the HIDs stay on too.

6 gear is really tall. 80 kph in 6 is like 1500 rpm. 120 kph is around 2000 rpm. 5th gear seems a little lower than 5th gear in my 5 spd.

Personally, I find the seats look much fancier than in the 2k. The bunched leather just has a nicer look to it.

The heated steering wheel definitely works. You can feel the heat about a minute after you hit the switch.

The clutch engagement is so much better than in the 5 spd. I don't know what they did, but the car is much easier to drive smoothly.

Anyhow, quite happy with it so far. Installed the plastic rock deflector today to mitigate the rock chips. Looks nicer I think.

We traded in our 1997 Ford Contour LX with leather and V6 yesterday for the 2k2 and I just wanted to say good riddance. What a POS. With God as my witness, I will never by a North American vehicle ever again. Between the problems we had with the car and the way Ford treated us, I am so glad to see that car go.
Old 12-15-2001, 03:09 PM

Re: Got my Baby!!!

Originally posted by Eric
Hey all,

Finally got my majestic blue 6 spd Maxima yesterday!! I'm so happy I can hardly contain myself. Happy Happy Joy Joy.

When I saw the car in daylight I was so relieved. I debated a long time on whether to go with another black Max or go with the Majestic Blue. I ended up basing my decision on a 2k1 Majestic Blue AE in the dealership under florescent lights, so I was nervous that the colour would not look as good in the daylight. It looks great. I think the blue works better with the clear tailights.

First impressions compared to our 2k 5 Spd.

This motor is a monster. Even babying it and keeping it below 3500 RPM, I can tell there is alot more torque and power, especially lower down in the revs. Must...resist....until...broken...in.....

The lights are f!#$ awesome. I live in the country so my drive home involves about 15 minutes of driving on unlit roads (no street lights) and it is night and day with my 5 spd. The brights are also much better, probably because the HIDs stay on too.

6 gear is really tall. 80 kph in 6 is like 1500 rpm. 120 kph is around 2000 rpm. 5th gear seems a little lower than 5th gear in my 5 spd.

Personally, I find the seats look much fancier than in the 2k. The bunched leather just has a nicer look to it.

The heated steering wheel definitely works. You can feel the heat about a minute after you hit the switch.

The clutch engagement is so much better than in the 5 spd. I don't know what they did, but the car is much easier to drive smoothly.

Anyhow, quite happy with it so far. Installed the plastic rock deflector today to mitigate the rock chips. Looks nicer I think.

We traded in our 1997 Ford Contour LX with leather and V6 yesterday for the 2k2 and I just wanted to say good riddance. What a POS. With God as my witness, I will never by a North American vehicle ever again. Between the problems we had with the car and the way Ford treated us, I am so glad to see that car go.
CONGRATS! and enjoy! PS. mods, mods, mods!!!!
Old 12-15-2001, 03:11 PM

Re: Got my Baby!!!

Congrats!! Show some pics. I want to see what the blue looks like.
Old 12-15-2001, 03:16 PM
PhatGuy

Yet another Canadian 6spd Owner!

Have phun with the new ride! They are a so sweet!

Old 12-15-2001, 03:19 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Welcome to the family and let the mods begin
Old 12-15-2001, 03:24 PM

Congrates big guy!