5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

Just installed ES mounts

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2012, 04:42 PM

Originally Posted by kbcnd
I absolutly love the change in the amount of torque going to the wheels.
Exactly this. Solid poly torque mount bushings, matched up with sticky, summer-only tires, and your car will launch very aggressively.

Wait until Spring, and if you're still liking it, consider NWP's Torque Link.

Originally Posted by ShocknAwe
ok then you tell me the advantages if your so smart. Longer lasting? why? rubber is fine and I just replaced my 16 year old bushings and they didnt even need replacing. Cheaper? no not at all. More readily available? Certainly not you can get moog bushings at your local auto parts store. So tell me why is it stupid to say urethane bushings are a waste of money unless you track your car for more than just fun? In the north where rubber deteriorates faster? Its probably a better solution yes but urethane is far from necessary. Next your gonna tell me why royal purple is the best oil for my car and how e3 spark plugs are the real deal too lol.
OK, boss. So much awesome.

kbcnd, you're driving the mod... you know what you like.
Old 01-17-2012, 04:42 PM

i heard that the torque link wont make that much of a noticeable improvement if the torque mounts are already on... is this true?
Old 01-17-2012, 04:44 PM

Originally Posted by vybz05
i heard that the torque link wont make that much of a noticeable improvement if the torque mounts are already on... is this true?
Nope. You heard incorrectly.
Old 01-17-2012, 07:02 PM

Nice I can't wait to get mine done. Let us know how it feels after a few more weeks. I have an auto also, and the vibes is one of my concerns.

So either get knightz to fashion a mount? Hack up my old mounts or maybe my best bet would be find busted mounts already and get inserts pressed into that? Whats this talk about finding a manual mount?
Old 01-17-2012, 07:42 PM

Originally Posted by 7speed
Nice I can't wait to get mine done. Let us know how it feels after a few more weeks. I have an auto also, and the vibes is one of my concerns.
I will most certainly keep you all up to date on how things are looking in the weeks to come.

So either get knightz to fashion a mount? Hack up my old mounts or maybe my best bet would be find busted mounts already and get inserts pressed into that? Whats this talk about finding a manual mount?
Correct, with the autos we own, in order to use the ES bushings, you need to either contact knight as see if he can fashion you a set of mounts from an auto she done a swap on or find a junkyard with a set of 6 speed mounts that you can get the old bushing pressed out of and the new in. Just depends on what's easier for you. I had a heck of a time finding a set of 6 speed mounts, so I messaged knight and he had an extra set of auto mounts he fashioned up for me. So I payed him, shipping, supplies, and a labor fee and he got them to me in couple weeks (Canada to Texas isn't the quickest thing in the world).
Old 01-17-2012, 08:12 PM

Originally Posted by Rochester
OK, boss. So much awesome.
You have ES bushings lol, Id respect your opinion a little more if you were a little less biased on the topic. Rubber bushings are fine just like an ebay strut bar does the exact same thing as your overpriced strut bar but you would never admit this because you paid probably triple the price. There are areas where you can save money is all im saying. Urethane bushings is one of them unless you live where salted roads is a common occurance and longevity is a major factor. Its the same thing with JL Audio components for example. Its like saying "look how much I can spend on my car"
Old 01-17-2012, 08:18 PM

Urethane bushings is one of them unless you live where salted roads is a common occurance and longevity is a major factor. Its the same thing with JL Audio components for example. Its like saying "look how much I can spend on my car"
That's total foolish what you are saying......

That would be like someone saying that the exhaust manifold is the same as headers.....and only reason people buy headers is to show off.......how goofy.

Not the same thing......totally different. You probably haven't even seen one.....or held one vs a rubber bushing to even tell the difference. If you had you would not be talking all this foolish silliness.
Old 01-17-2012, 08:18 PM

if you can find a manual 95-03 maxima in the scrapyard you can use those mounts press out the old and press in the new ES mounts
Old 01-17-2012, 08:24 PM

Originally Posted by ranmas2004
That's total foolish what you are saying......
I looked at them when I started replacing bushings. They just arent necessary in my mind. They dont perform significantly better and they dont last significantly longer all things equal. They are just one of those products slightly improved to justify an increase in price point. Dont get me wrong, I would like ES bushings but I would much rather save the money for a quality allignment for example. Headers and bushings.....hmmmm lil different lol. Your saying equal length headers are just to show off? Better tell that to every race team in the country. I think strut bars are for show unless you race for money? tomato tomato(pronounced slightly different for effect).

Last edited by ShocknAwe; 01-17-2012 at 08:27 PM.
Old 01-17-2012, 08:30 PM
Get Off My Lawn

Summary of ShocknAwes' posts:
I reject your reality and substitute my own!
Old 01-17-2012, 08:37 PM

What reality? The reality they are overpriced and unnecessary. If you cant back up your opinion with actual information then don't post it. Urethane bushing ARE NOT necessary. To say they are shows your ignorance. None of you said they were dont get me wrong. In my mind its exactly the same as royal purple oil. Yea its a great grade 5 syn oil but its not necessary when mobil 1 has specials on it all the time and is another true grade 5 syn oil
Old 01-17-2012, 08:51 PM

The great debate! Either way, I'm glad my post could cause such a controversy.

To each their own I suppose.

I'll keep yall updated on the progress. Thanks again for the help!! Much appreciated!
Old 01-17-2012, 08:52 PM
Get Off My Lawn

Just kidding! But I thinkyoure getting over worked about this, just a bit.
I see what you are trying to say, but I do respectfully disagree with how you are trying to argue it. Facts are, rubber is fine for stock vehicles in stabilizing engine/tranny movement while maintaing a great level of comfort. However, when looking at trying to reduce engine movement and increase power transfer to the wheels, stiffer material is needed. Poly types are affordable given their availability, moldability, and durability. That's why it's used to achieve the aforementioned goals. Trade off is vibration, which must be considered personally. That's why I say your argument is flawed and is not really a "this oil is better than that" discussion.

I hope we can all continue our process of male bonding!
Old 01-17-2012, 08:55 PM

Si. No no I don't get worked up I hope it didn't seem that way. I respect other peoples opinions and enjoy a discussion with 2 competent sides arguing polar points
Old 01-17-2012, 09:04 PM

Originally Posted by BigLou55
if you can find a manual 95-03 maxima in the scrapyard you can use those mounts press out the old and press in the new ES mounts
I just ordered one from ebay 32 bucks shipped, and using that dont have time to search the yards, there is hardly any maximas in them anyway in my area..should install in the next two weeks hopefully...
Old 01-17-2012, 09:09 PM

I looked at them when I started replacing bushings. They just arent necessary in my mind. They dont perform significantly better and they dont last significantly longer all things equal. They are just one of those products slightly improved to justify an increase in price point. Dont get me wrong, I would like ES bushings but I would much rather save the money for a quality allignment for example. Headers and bushings.....hmmmm lil different lol. Your saying equal length headers are just to show off? Better tell that to every race team in the country. I think strut bars are for show unless you race for money? tomato tomato(pronounced slightly different for effect).
ES Products are pretty cheap how much do you get your motor mounts for and from where....
Old 01-17-2012, 09:12 PM

I said I get moog bushings. read please
Old 01-17-2012, 09:19 PM

I said I get moog bushings. read please
Moog makes inserts for Motor Mounts or complete Motor Mounts...or what and whats the fee....
Old 01-17-2012, 09:22 PM

I havent replaced my motor mounts yet what are you talking about? Are you trying to say they don't make them and being a smart *** about it? Im talking about bushings in general not specifically engine mount
Old 01-17-2012, 09:31 PM

I havent replaced my motor mounts yet what are you talking about? Are you trying to say they don't make them and being a smart *** about it? Im talking about bushings in general not specifically engine mount
A SMART @$$..... No just asking a question, I got the Moog Fr. Sway Bar Endlinks, but got the ES Sway Bar Bushing, LCA, MM Inserts, SF Bushings...but still in the box waiting for install want to tackle it myself dont want to toss cash to my mechanic...maybe the LCA the rest got all the tools to handle it...
Old 01-17-2012, 09:36 PM

the end link bolts are a bia to remove and I dont have rust issues. Hope you dont either. Last ones I did was the sway bar end link bushings, which come to find out if you bought the whole end link set for about $12 more/side then I could of got those bushings included. Ive got moog sway bar frame bushings($20 for both) sitting in my passenger seat as well but its been monsoon weather here lately and im tried of spreading a towel out to work on and end up still getting soaked. Ive been leaving the sub frame and control arm for last as I don't have the tools to get the CA bushings in there and the sub frame seems to be a lengthy install as well
Old 01-18-2012, 04:59 AM
"I'm just sayin'..."

...If you cant back up your opinion with actual information then don't post it...
I didn't exactly see any substantiated facts coming from your direction either.

the end link bolts are a bia to remove and I dont have rust issues. Hope you dont either. Last ones I did was the sway bar end link bushings, which come to find out if you bought the whole end link set for about $12 more/side then I could of got those bushings included. Ive got moog sway bar frame bushings($20 for both) sitting in my passenger seat...
I bought my Energy Suspension sway bar frame bushing set for 12 bucks. You paid 20 for Moog? The brackets came right off, too.
Old 01-18-2012, 05:51 AM

Originally Posted by kbcnd
The great debate! Either way, I'm glad my post could cause such a controversy.
There is no controversy. Just one person's opinion on mods he doesn't have for a car he doesn't own.

OP, here's a simple truism: Any way you can stiffen the engine's connection to the frame of the car, you win. However, along with the gains you get NVH, which you either compromise on, or learn to appreciate.

If you cant back up your opinion with actual information then don't post it.

Are you at all familiar with the phrase Cognitive Dissonance?
Old 01-18-2012, 06:19 AM

Originally Posted by ranmas2004
That was almost as stupid as this dude at the meetup talking about he swapped out his 95 Integra motor for an 89 Civic motor and claim police pull him over because its SOOOOO fast...LOL.
lol he put an 89 integra motor into his 95 integra because it has an iron block and it's stronger than the aluminum block haha. also a lot heavier and pointless.
Old 02-03-2012, 11:53 PM

Any update on these...
Old 02-04-2012, 06:35 AM

Yes, sorry, been crazy with school. The vibration has gotten a whole lot better. There's times its more noticeable than others but for the most part Ive gotten used to it. As for power and torque improvement, she deffinitly pulls a lot harder. All the power to the wheels; can't feel the engine rock at all in the bay. Can't wait to get my bop installed and see how she pulls.
Old 02-04-2012, 07:20 AM

Definitely glad I purchased these...now if I could stop being lazy and get them installed