5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

Oh boy, run in with last gen RX7 TT

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2002, 06:35 PM
Telus.net

Originally posted by SprintMax
Russ puts 4 cars on a car 1 second faster than him? i smell BS.. but thats just me..

I don't think they call BS on his normal kills.. but its his super car kills that ppl call BS on..

I think someone is ignoring me and he knows exactly what I am saying...

Hint: Doug.

Old 01-13-2002, 06:38 PM
RussMaxManiac

Russ puts 4 cars on a car 1 second faster than him? i smell BS.. but thats just me..

I don't think they call BS on his normal kills.. but its his super car kills that ppl call BS on..

Since I am a bit calmer now....I will say this. I never said 4 cars. I said 1 car, 4 times in a row. Meaning 4 races I put 1 car each time.

Old 01-13-2002, 06:38 PM
Dyno plot says I have the most area under the Administrator curve

Originally posted by FastCougar
I see Mustang 5.0's miracualously become Cobra's all the time ;-)
I saw a V6 Mustang with Cobra badges too. I waxed his @ss on the highway and made a fool out of him in front of his girlfriend

That was a good day

err...I'm not gonna bother reading the other 6 pages of this thread.
Old 01-13-2002, 06:41 PM

Oh man, that was pure classic. Russ posts a bullshiet "kill," gets called on it, claims that he's telling the truth, then posts crappy mag stats on the FD which prove him wrong anyway. He then lashes out at the 4th gen guys for no apparent reason, claims he's never lost to one, and then gets caught in another lie thanks to Ant. Then he busts out the "you need more mods to beat my mighty 5th gen" Rice Excuse, and makes some preposterous comment about more fuel in the tank "upping the fuel pressure" and making the car faster (ROFL!). Finally, he realizes that his bullstanky has gotten a little too deep, so he cries like a beotch and claims he's leaving.

TEH FUNNEY IS EVREYWHARRRRE!@#@
Old 01-13-2002, 06:44 PM
RussMaxManiac

Originally posted by nyisles
Oh man, that was pure classic. Russ posts a bull**** "kill," gets called on it, claims that he's telling the truth, then posts crappy mag stats on the FD which prove him wrong anyway. He then lashes out at the 4th gen guys for no apparent reason, claims he's never lost to one, and then gets caught in another lie thanks to Ant. Then he busts out the "you need more mods to beat my mighty 5th gen" Rice Excuse, and makes some preposterous comment about more fuel in the tank "upping the fuel pressure" and making the car faster (ROFL!). Finally, he realizes that his bullstanky has gotten a little too deep, so he cries like a ***** and claims he's leaving.

TEH FUNNEY IS EVREYWHARRRRE!@#@
Ummm, just like your uneducated speech you just did.

Btw, were you there no. And the fuel pressure is a fact already tested by a few 5th gen owners. The more fuel in the tank the more weight it adds to the fuel bump so it helps the fuel flow faster. I have lost to one 4th gen and that was Anthony that one time. Big deal, I came back for revenge and beat him again. Big deal.

Old 01-13-2002, 06:49 PM

Sorry Russ, just give it up. Fact is, you can't handle a loss. Do you think your ***** is going to shrink every time someone beats you or what? You don't have to lie and say "well ok he beat me, but I'm still faster, it was a fluke, I came back and beat him" etc. to save face. Just be content with the fact that your car is far from the fastest thing on the road, and don't whine or lie when you get beaten.

Also, there's no way that the fuel pressure can be affected so much that the "increased pressure" from more gas will make up for the added weight of the extra gas. I can't fathom that the Maxima's fuel system is designed that poorly.
Old 01-13-2002, 06:51 PM
RussMaxManiac

Let me explain something to you. Again, I never siad I beat everything out there or my car is the fastest on the road. You people always seem to insert **** like that. Get over it.

Also you have no proof that it does not affect the fuel pressure. To what several people have noticed they got better times at the track wtih a half a tank instead of less than a 1/4.

Originally posted by nyisles
Sorry Russ, just give it up. Fact is, you can't handle a loss. Do you think your ***** is going to shrink every time someone beats you or what? You don't have to lie and say "well ok he beat me, but I'm still faster, it was a fluke, I came back and beat him" etc. to save face. Just be content with the fact that your car is far from the fastest thing on the road, and don't whine or lie when you get beaten.

Also, there's no way that the fuel pressure can be affected so much that the "increased pressure" from more gas will make up for the added weight of the extra gas. I can't fathom that the Maxima's fuel system is designed that poorly.

Old 01-13-2002, 07:12 PM
Administrator

Originally posted by Telus.net

I think someone is ignoring me and he knows exactly what I am saying...

Hint: Doug.
mao?
Old 01-13-2002, 07:29 PM
Telus.net

mao?

Roar!

Hint: username: Doug

Old 01-13-2002, 07:33 PM
Administrator

Originally posted by Telus.net

Roar!

Hint: username: Doug

mao:

Hint: wtf are you talking about?

Old 01-13-2002, 07:34 PM

mao:

Hint: wtf are you talking about?

hes saying u're Doug I think because u drive a 4th gen
Old 01-13-2002, 08:06 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Big deal? No one's really making a big deal of this except you. Where's that arguing on the internet is pointless picture? BTW, my names Antony... no H.
Old 01-13-2002, 09:03 PM

wtf does cat have to do with 4th gens?
Old 01-13-2002, 09:13 PM
It's chrome alright...

never seen that one

You're responsible for waking my entire house... I launched a drink out my nose at the monitor then started coughing/sneezing/laughing when I read the poster and they all came running to see what was wrong.

MAN that is funny!

Originally posted by Ludacris

wtf does cat have to do with 4th gens?
Old 01-13-2002, 09:24 PM

Re: never seen that one

Originally posted by 2k2wannabe
You're responsible for waking my entire house... I launched a drink out my nose at the monitor then started coughing/sneezing/laughing when I read the poster and they all came running to see what was wrong.

MAN that is funny!

Same response from me first time I saw it
Old 01-13-2002, 09:26 PM

Here's what gets me...

Russ is not the John Force of drivers. I've met women who could outdrive Russ...my girlfriend who drives like a lunatic could outdrive Russ... yet, he somehow beats a RX7 that is capable of 13.70s (with an excellent driver) and averaging at 14s with other drivers...with his 15 sec Maxima! Granted, this was at highway speeds and makes the driver error seem less important, but comeon...

Russ, tell us another groovy story

Oh, i beat a Ferrari F40 with my Civic DX the other day. Yep, it was on the freeway too... so what if they run like 11s and my Civic will probably do 18s...I got mad shifting skills (automajik).
Old 01-13-2002, 09:50 PM

I'm not siding with Russ, and I'm not siding with Sprint...

But ya know, there WERE automatic RX-7 TT's, and they sure as hell didn't run high 13's..

I don't think Russ is lying. But I don't think that RX-7 is truly a 13 second car, either.
Old 01-13-2002, 11:24 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Originally posted by La Jolla Max
I'm not siding with Russ, and I'm not siding with Sprint...

But ya know, there WERE automatic RX-7 TT's, and they sure as hell didn't run high 13's..

I don't think Russ is lying. But I don't think that RX-7 is truly a 13 second car, either.
i dont wanna take sides either.....but his story isnt impossible, if the RX7 was an auto, then its definitely possible that russ coulda inched away. i mean the Rx7 runs good times cuz its light, with a little more hp than 5g max and very close torque, but once the cars are rolling it doesnt make as big a difference and if the Rx7 was an auto, i think a 5spd max could give it a run for its money, especially from a roll. A mustang GT has 260hp but a max takes it from a roll. think about it.
Old 01-14-2002, 12:42 AM

Originally posted by SkylineGTR

i dont wanna take sides either.....but his story isnt impossible, if the RX7 was an auto, then its definitely possible that russ coulda inched away. i mean the Rx7 runs good times cuz its light, with a little more hp than 5g max and very close torque, but once the cars are rolling it doesnt make as big a difference and if the Rx7 was an auto, i think a 5spd max could give it a run for its money, especially from a roll. A mustang GT has 260hp but a max takes it from a roll. think about it.
Sure it does, if the tranny doesn't shift at redline (like most autos), then it will make a significant difference.

It's also 200lbs heavier than a 5-speed RX-7 (2800 vs 2600)
Old 01-14-2002, 01:07 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Originally posted by La Jolla Max

Sure it does, if the tranny doesn't shift at redline (like most autos), then it will make a significant difference.

It's also 200lbs heavier than a 5-speed RX-7 (2800 vs 2600)
i was referring to the the weight, RX7 has 250hp 217ftlbs and the 2k Maxima has 222hp and 217ftlbs.....the RX7 runs better times bc its got a little more hp and hella less weight, but as most of us all know, weight plays a minute role once the cars are up to speed, so if the RX7 was an auto, and since the max was 5spd, im saying it could be safe to assume that they had similar power at the wheels, but the auto is probably a 4spd while the manual is 5spd so better gearing in the 5spd would previal versus the taller gears in a 4spd.

i have an auto 5th gen, i raced a Vtec Prelude 5spd, 222 vs 195, @ the wheels the numbers are probably similar, but tigher gearing in a 5spd makes me have lower top speed. drag plays a role too but ill avoid that variable as to not complicate things anymore than they already are. my theory is a stretch with certain conditions having to be fullfilled for the max to beat the RX7, but its by no means impossible.
Old 01-14-2002, 02:12 AM

This Thread=
Old 01-14-2002, 04:51 AM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Hahaha, this thread is still going, where the this thread rocks pic with the fat dude.
Old 01-14-2002, 05:40 AM
Administrator

Originally posted by Ants97SE
Hahaha, this thread is still going, where the this thread rocks pic with the fat dude.
courtesy of Don