6th Generation Maxima (2004-2008) Discussion of the 6th generation Maxima. Come see what others are saying.

F$^&*g Jiff Lube

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2005, 01:42 AM

Dang this thread got some good stories. We went to get a Transmission flush one time and the pan's bolts were loose when we got home. I knew this because there was oil in the garage. I doubt they even did a transmission flush.

Also all the countless money we payed to the dealer for all these maintenences they never replaced the distributer or the rotor or the spark plug wires. The car has 63k miles on it. I went to my uncle's house who is a mechanic and as I put the new rotor on, he walked by the car and looks and goes, "stop spending money on your car the rotor is fine". He should of seen the old one, he would of never said that.

I changed the rotor, the cap, and the wires. Hell most little stuff under the hood have been changed.

I also like how the dealer flushes your tranny, checks your liquids, rotates your tires and puts a new pair of windshield wipers ON YOUR PASSENGER SEAT and charges $485. Geez, I thought they were going to do something.
Old 12-03-2005, 04:42 AM
Puerto Rico-Maxima Lover

I got a story from a neighbor.. She had a mercedes and took the car to the dealer to do the maintenance. For around 3 years she did that on time.. and paid Big $$$$ for. Well to make the story short, one mornig she turned on the car and she heard a Clack, Clack, Clack.... engine damae big time.. they towed the car to the dealer and the service manager told her that the car didn't have any oil in it...... so bye bye engine ..... so every time you take the car to the dealer make sure they do it stay and wait for it... I know I do...
Old 12-03-2005, 05:26 AM

Very sad story that they didnt properly torque down the drain bolt. Good thing is the stepped up and said they would pay for what ever damages. I would advise nissan to tear down everything and make sure everything is as perfect as can be or have it replace and jiffy pay for it.

mtrai760: Great info you posted. Its great to hear that you were truely doing a good job and trying to help maintain a certain quality of work. Its sad that its very money driven, get it fixed get their money and get the next car in. For reasons like your post is why I spend so much time reading and learning when I have a problem, or think I may occur one. I simply dont want to drop my car off anywhere to be repaired, I will do it myself.
Old 12-03-2005, 05:49 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

My wife took my car to one of those type of places and they not only sucessfully changed my oil, they also were thoughtful enough to replace my dirty K&N filter with a shiny new pink one. How nice of them
Old 12-03-2005, 11:05 AM

Those places are scary. The only part I hate about changing my own oil is having to take the old oil to the store to dump it.

Old 12-05-2005, 02:40 AM

I have to say Terribles out west is probably the only place I would ever let touch my car. Though since I bought my Max it only goes to the dealer for the oil change when I drive out west every winter since I don't have my tools. When I am NY I do the oil myself. As well as every other service I can do myself. It is still the way to go. The sad truth is that there are not many people out there you can trust with your car.