6th Generation Maxima (2004-2008) Discussion of the 6th generation Maxima. Come see what others are saying.

Which mods to make

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2012, 02:30 PM

Which mods to make

I have seen quite a bit of Maximas on here with all kinds of mods. I am looking to make some slight up grades without getting to Fast & Furious. Any suggestions?
Old 10-14-2012, 02:40 PM

Originally Posted by blumax05
I have seen quite a bit of Maximas on here with all kinds of mods. I am looking to make some slight up grades without getting to Fast & Furious. Any suggestions?
Like what Go Fast Mods or Suspension, or Exterior and what is the Budget like.....
Old 10-14-2012, 02:41 PM

intake, y-pipe, racingline high-flow cats, nwp spacers, catback exhaust system, ect... Do y-pipe or headers first if you want, but you will get a code for our cars if you do the headers.
Old 10-14-2012, 02:47 PM

Rear sway bar is a great suspension mod. Letting your car breathe easier is nice, too (intake, y-pipe, headers, exhaust, etc.). On the intake, an effective, cheap, and easy mod (for 5th gens, presumably the same for 6th gens) is the GAB/ghetto airbox mod. Far cheaper than an aftermarket intake, and produces good, usable power.
Old 10-14-2012, 03:41 PM

you can throw a cheap intake in for under $80 that performs as good as a $300 one. There are a couple threads on this. Really for a thread like this, you should provide a budget (amount you have to spend), and how mechanically inclined are you? Very important details to know prior to giving quality advice on what we recommend. There are mods that are cheaper than others that are for mechanically inclined personnel. If you are having someone do the work for you, we have to account for how much time to get installed + part.
Old 10-15-2012, 06:07 PM

modding up my max

So, im also a newby to the maxima seen, but a veteran to the import world. This will be my first V-6 though. Havent worked on anything bigger than a 2.7 liter. My budget will be about 8000 over a years or two. Ive come across this Kinetix ss intake manifold that really caught my eye, but never heard of any reviews. It would actually be about a 300 dollar difference if I have maperformance fab me one up. Im very mechanically inclined, but im also no master tech. Now, as far as the mods go: Looking at the manifold for sure, cai, headers with a full aftermarket exhaust, k sports or tien springs, tune from the speed shop. My ultimate goal would be forced induction. However im having serious issues with finding a turbo kit for an automatic, and I dont know where the hell to start looking for procharger kits. I have the 4 speed auto(lucky me!). I had no idea about the issues of the other automatic for the 6th gen, sounds like a nightmare. Anyways, is there anything as far as ignition coils or even a better plug to use?? Any other mods you guys have let me know. If it can be done (correctly and safely) im willing to try it... Would like to get a cobb port but lets just wait until im running enough mods to play with that. Tuned my sti to its max, so now its time to see what daddy can do to the family sedan!!
Old 10-15-2012, 06:30 PM

Don't get the Kinetix IM, it's a waste of money. Your money would be better spent on a SSIM (use the searchbar for details), or a VIAS block-off plate. The VIAS BOP can be had for as little as $10 for the bop, and $5 or so for the rtv gasket maker. As far as spark plugs, stick with NGK's. NGK Iridiums have always done me right, in the past.

I have an I35 (same thing as a 5.5 gen/02-03 Max), and I know for us a GAB (ghetto airbox. Again, us the searchbar for posts and details about it) is a dynoproven mod that produces good horsepower for a very cheap price for us. I'd assume it'd be the same for 6th gens.

The searchbar is your best friend on here. Invaluable source of information, and it'll keep people from flaming you for making a post about something that's been covered repeatedly in the past. Best of luck!
Old 10-16-2012, 06:04 PM

Originally Posted by AznRyan
Don't get the Kinetix IM, it's a waste of money. Your money would be better spent on a SSIM (use the searchbar for details), or a VIAS block-off plate. The VIAS BOP can be had for as little as $10 for the bop, and $5 or so for the rtv gasket maker. As far as spark plugs, stick with NGK's. NGK Iridiums have always done me right, in the past.

I have an I35 (same thing as a 5.5 gen/02-03 Max), and I know for us a GAB (ghetto airbox. Again, us the searchbar for posts and details about it) is a dynoproven mod that produces good horsepower for a very cheap price for us. I'd assume it'd be the same for 6th gens.

The searchbar is your best friend on here. Invaluable source of information, and it'll keep people from flaming you for making a post about something that's been covered repeatedly in the past. Best of luck!
LOL thanks... Heres a question for ya though, how much labor do ya think would be involved if i put the lambo door kit in the front and rear, but mad the rear open opposite direction?? I think it would look pretty trick
Old 10-16-2012, 06:21 PM

Originally Posted by cornfedmax
LOL thanks... Heres a question for ya though, how much labor do ya think would be involved if i put the lambo door kit in the front and rear, but mad the rear open opposite direction?? I think it would look pretty trick
I dunno the costs of it, but I've never been a fan of the lambo door mod. I've seen on a lot of sedans, they'll do lambo's up front with suicides in the back.
Old 10-16-2012, 06:25 PM

Get a big brake kit first. Stop faster mod ftw!

Budget? Go big or go home... Vortech...
Old 10-16-2012, 06:32 PM

Urrently have some sport cross drilled and slotted Calaghan rotors and ceramic pads that i got for free. (website error) If i go bigger, then I need to get a different wheel. Im looking to become a quiet sleeper creeper, so somewhat stock appearance is a must. Ive got my subi tuned to the max, inside and out. Unfortunately, the cops and everyone else knows it too, so i had to start a new project>
Old 10-16-2012, 06:39 PM

Originally Posted by alexx0108
Vortech...
A phone mod?
Old 10-16-2012, 06:39 PM

Originally Posted by cornfedmax
lambo door kit
:metalmax:
Old 10-16-2012, 06:51 PM

Yes, old flip phone vortech with 2g