7th Generation Maxima (2009-2015) Come in and talk about the 7th generation Maxima
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

OK, Who Bought One? What do you think?

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2009, 08:10 AM

Originally Posted by Becanes
I am looking into purchasing an 09 Max Black/Charcoal with Sport and Tech package. I have an 05 TSX with 90000 miles on it in good condition. If I go buy what Kelly Blue Book says I am upside down about $8000. I am looking to put about $5000 down. What do you guys think I should be paying for this setup?
Sorry to say, if you're that far upside down in a car, you have no bargaining power. Dealers will work you on both the front and back ends of any deal! No matter how you cut it, you'll end up taking on MORE debt and not getting as good a deal as what you'd get starting without a trade. I'd suggest trying to sell it yourself, using your down to help pay it off and start with a clean sheet on a Maxima deal/loan. Good luck!
Old 01-24-2009, 09:46 AM

I am looking into purchasing an 09 Max Black/Charcoal with Sport and Tech package. I have an 05 TSX with 90000 miles on it in good condition. If I go buy what Kelly Blue Book says I am upside down about $8000. I am looking to put about $5000 down. What do you guys think I should be paying for this setup?
You need to float a note for $40k. If you can do this, you got yourself a Max.
Otherwise, keep driving the TSX.
Old 01-24-2009, 12:31 PM

How long do you have left on your current payments for the TSX? might be best to just finish paying the car off then try to trade in or sell yourself. Most of the time you go into a dealership with an upside down loan they know they will be able to make a better deal on you because you want out of the car you have and you have no bargaining power. They will probably say you are 10K upside down and you will not get as good of a price on the Max.

But if you really want out of the TSX i would really suggest selling it yourself because you will always get a better price than what the stealership will pay you.
Old 01-24-2009, 06:39 PM

Went to 3 dealships today. One dealership offered me $8500 for the TSX and the out the door price on a sport/tech was $43,500. I offered $40,000. They basically said they had to look at a few things and would get back to me by Monday or Tuesday. 2nd dealership offered me $10,000 for my TSX and an out the door price on a sport/tech of $43,616. I offered them $39,000 and they didn't budge. Nice people though. They said that a maybe a rebate might be offered next month. The 3rd dealership offered me $9000 for my TSX and an our the door price on sport/tech of $44,500. I offered $40,000 and they didn't budge. I basically said see ya on that one and I won't be back in touch with them. The first dealer seemed like they would have some wiggle room. They offered my a sport/tech that was black exterior and tan interior that was on the lot for $42,500. I said no thanks. Now I still have about 4 or 5 thousand to put down so I am getting closer to what I want. So now I wait. I'm not in any rush and I could avoid putting miles on my TSX since my wife works from home and I can take her car to work.

Not sure how long I have left on my current payments but I still owe about $17,000.
Old 01-24-2009, 06:45 PM
brotherhood of tq

im wondering why people are paying 40k+ for a nissan maxima?
Old 01-24-2009, 06:49 PM

Originally Posted by liqidvenom
im wondering why people are paying 40k+ for a nissan maxima?
I'm not necessarily paying $40k plus for a maxima. I have negative equity. Factor that into the equation and I might be paying $40k plus. Without that and I am playing $33k - $35k.
Old 01-24-2009, 11:41 PM

I'm not necessarily paying $40k plus for a maxima. I have negative equity. Factor that into the equation and I might be paying $40k plus. Without that and I am playing $33k - $35k.
Screw that. i can get a used 2007 BMW 5 series for around 40K. Trade in car and bring that 40K to 32K-34K. BMW > Maxima
Old 01-25-2009, 01:47 AM

Originally Posted by 2LEET4U
Screw that. i can get a used 2007 BMW 5 series for around 40K. Trade in car and bring that 40K to 32K-34K. BMW > Maxima

2LEET3U - Are you following the situation? He still OWES BIG TIME on the TSX, and would have to come up with FIFTY THOU to BOTH pay off the TSX AND get that '07 BMW that probably sold new in the fall of '06 and is definitely not as reliable a car as the Maxima anyway.

Makes FAR more sense to come up with FORTY thou to pay off the TSX and drive out with a brand new stylish and very competent '09 Maxima.
Old 01-25-2009, 05:14 AM

Originally Posted by lightonthehill
2LEET3U - Are you following the situation? He still OWES BIG TIME on the TSX, and would have to come up with FIFTY THOU to BOTH pay off the TSX AND get that '07 BMW that probably sold new in the fall of '06 and is definitely not as reliable a car as the Maxima anyway.

Makes FAR more sense to come up with FORTY thou to pay off the TSX and drive out with a brand new stylish and very competent '09 Maxima.
Light, how do I get in touch with Lisa at Union City Nissan. I am in Douglasville Georgia.
Old 01-25-2009, 09:58 AM

That whole used car BMW thing never made sense to me personally. I have friends who love to spend 40-50k on USED BMW or Mercedes and I can't figure it out....it's a USED car. I don't care what brand it is. Perhaps if you REALLY want an M3 and can't afford that last 10-15k at the end and want to take a 2 year old one...ok...but I just cant see putting down this much cash and not being able to get one BRAND NEW.
Old 01-25-2009, 12:03 PM

Went to 3 dealships today. One dealership offered me $8500 for the TSX and the out the door price on a sport/tech was $43,500. I offered $40,000. They basically said they had to look at a few things and would get back to me by Monday or Tuesday. 2nd dealership offered me $10,000 for my TSX and an out the door price on a sport/tech of $43,616. I offered them $39,000 and they didn't budge. Nice people though. They said that a maybe a rebate might be offered next month. The 3rd dealership offered me $9000 for my TSX and an our the door price on sport/tech of $44,500. I offered $40,000 and they didn't budge. I basically said see ya on that one and I won't be back in touch with them. The first dealer seemed like they would have some wiggle room. They offered my a sport/tech that was black exterior and tan interior that was on the lot for $42,500. I said no thanks. Now I still have about 4 or 5 thousand to put down so I am getting closer to what I want. So now I wait. I'm not in any rush and I could avoid putting miles on my TSX since my wife works from home and I can take her car to work.

Not sure how long I have left on my current payments but I still owe about $17,000.
tell those nissan dealers to look here and think again: http://www.guardian.co.uk/business/g...ture=341883529
Old 01-25-2009, 03:03 PM

Originally Posted by STEVE1214
tell those nissan dealers to look here and think again: http://www.guardian.co.uk/business/g...ture=341883529
That news article is from the UK. Nissan North America isn't in quite as bad a position and significant factory-to-dealer discounts for the A36 Maxima haven't kicked in yet.
Old 01-25-2009, 05:48 PM

I wish I had the money for a new one, but I don't so I guess I will have to keep dreaming
Old 01-25-2009, 11:32 PM

Light, how do I get in touch with Lisa at Union City Nissan. I am in Douglasville Georgia.

Lisa Hoyer works for Nissan South, which includes the Nissan South dealership in Morrow (also known as Nissan of South Atlanta) and the Nissan South dealership in Union City (also known as Nissan of Union City). Both are owned by the same gentleman (Scott Smith).

Lisa is the Internet and Fleet Manager for Nissan South. Her physical office is at the Morrow lot (6889 Jonesboro Rd - GA Hwy 42 just a mile or so south of Southlake Mall). Her cell is (678) 410-9887, but I communicate with her almost exclusively via email at lhoyer@nissansouthmorrow.com.

Hope things work out for you.
Old 01-26-2009, 04:27 AM

Hi, I didn't want to create a new topic for this question, so I figured I would post it here and anyone who owns a 09 Maxima with the premium package can help me.

I know that with the premium package the front drivers seat is heated and cooled while the passengers seat is only heated. I also know that to use the drivers climate control switch it has a *** that goes from hot to cold while the passenger has the traditional resistance heating low/hi switch for the heated seat.

My question is if the drivers heated seat is similar to the passengers, which is resistance heated (which works almost instantly) or if it is similar to the drivers cooling seat feature and blows hot air to the seat (which would take a little while for the car to warm up before working properly)

Thanks for your help
Old 01-26-2009, 04:44 AM

Originally Posted by nitro230
My question is if the drivers heated seat is similar to the passengers, which is resistance heated (which works almost instantly) or if it is similar to the drivers cooling seat feature and blows hot air to the seat (which would take a little while for the car to warm up before working properly)

Thanks for your help
The driver's seat is resistance heated.
Old 01-26-2009, 07:03 AM

Lisa Hoyer works for Nissan South, which includes the Nissan South dealership in Morrow (also known as Nissan of South Atlanta) and the Nissan South dealership in Union City (also known as Nissan of Union City). Both are owned by the same gentleman (Scott Smith).

Lisa is the Internet and Fleet Manager for Nissan South. Her physical office is at the Morrow lot (6889 Jonesboro Rd - GA Hwy 42 just a mile or so south of Southlake Mall). Her cell is (678) 410-9887, but I communicate with her almost exclusively via email at lhoyer@nissansouthmorrow.com.

Hope things work out for you.
Thanks for the info. I'll email her.
Old 01-26-2009, 04:12 PM

Still loving my new SV Sport-Tech after week one. Only glitch I've found is with the MusicBox system. Seems like it never wants to let me navigate from album to album. Anyone else see this? 1100 miles and counting!
Old 01-26-2009, 10:32 PM

We are vacationing this winter in Gulf Shores so I drove the Maxima past its place of birth south of Nashville. My wife accused me of having an affair with my car. We have made this trip most years since 1987 and the car made this so easy compared to the others. Stable on the road, good brakes and great acceleration for merging..the trunk is surprisingly spacious, just not traditionally shaped.

Gas mileage has been 23.2, 23.9, 25.1, 26.1, 27.5 . Town and city driving have been a pleasant surprise with numbers far above the rating of 17 mpg. I hope you are enjoying yours as much as we are.

Last edited by Mick7; 01-27-2009 at 07:19 AM.
Old 01-26-2009, 11:22 PM

I absolutely love my MAX, I am just about to hit 6000K. I bought it back in September and have had no issues with her so far!!! I have only come across one small issue which I know was a safety design on Nissans part and that is the ability to enter information in the Navigation or phone menu while the vehicle is driving. I thought maybe with the Air bag weight sensor they could have disabled that lock feature while you had a passenger.

Other than that small minor observation I LOVE my MAX!!!!! I have one last modification and that is to add the Stillen intake to mate up with the exhaust system I have installed.!!!
Old 01-27-2009, 05:40 AM

Choice, I see you have added a subwoofer to your system. Do you feel like that is needed?
Old 01-27-2009, 05:56 AM

Anyone else notice their trunk lid isn't flush/even with the body panels? My trunk lid seems to be raised up a bit higher on the drivers side.

Bah. I'm beginning to think my car was used to train people in the manufacturing process.
Old 01-28-2009, 12:27 AM

Originally Posted by pearle
Anyone else notice their trunk lid isn't flush/even with the body panels? My trunk lid seems to be raised up a bit higher on the drivers side.

Bah. I'm beginning to think my car was used to train people in the manufacturing process.

I have not noticed any panel misalignment. I am **** about such things. I'm sure the trunk lid can be adjusted, but I'm going to wait until daylight to go see how.

By 'highness', do you mean a larger gap between the lip of the trunk and the trunk lid on the left side down near the bumper (I had that on an earlier gen Maxima), or do you mean the upper part of the trunk lid is a little higher than the fender on the left side of the car?
Old 01-28-2009, 08:32 AM

i love my max. i purchases it in the beginning of august, i hunted this car down.. i found only one in super black on charcoal sv premium +tech package within 300 miles of San Francisco. i had to drive all the way up to napa which isn't is about an hour away. i love the fact that everyone out here in Cali don't see the Maxima as the car to have. the People out here are all stuck on the G35's and Benz unlike back home in NYC where the Maxima is king. when i got the car home i kept pinching my self to see if it was a dream.. i get this arrogant feeling like "yeah that's My S**T" when walk away looking back at it and i have two neighbors who just bought the 08 who give me that "Lucky Bastard Look." I think its because they are like in their 40's and im only 26.
driving her on the freeway i feel like im in my own little stealth bomber. i have her all blacked out and i swear i hear the bones in people neck cracking as i drive by. its just a fun car to drive.. i just hate that i already have 5000 miles on her already.. i know its nothing but the car is soooo fun to drive those mile creep up on you quick.
i would love it if it had the quiet start like an hybrid.. bc the female figure in my house always ***** when she know im taking her for a spin.. but overall.....

i love it

PS
don't tell my neighbors that i am actually getting an 08as well bc i originally wanted that before the 09 came out.. they really going to hate me for that one.. there is something about the 08 that still make it one of the hottest cars out there.. dont care how Fat pple say the body is...

Last edited by liypfhe1; 01-28-2009 at 08:38 AM.
Old 01-29-2009, 11:28 AM

I have not noticed any panel misalignment. I am **** about such things. I'm sure the trunk lid can be adjusted, but I'm going to wait until daylight to go see how.

By 'highness', do you mean a larger gap between the lip of the trunk and the trunk lid on the left side down near the bumper (I had that on an earlier gen Maxima), or do you mean the upper part of the trunk lid is a little higher than the fender on the left side of the car?
The latter for sure; the lid is higher (larger vertical gap) on the drivers side than the passenger side.
Old 01-30-2009, 12:35 AM

Originally Posted by pearle
The latter for sure; the lid is higher (larger vertical gap) on the drivers side than the passenger side.

I examined the gaps on all edges of my trunk lid, and must say Nissan did an excellent job of getting every gap perfect, with all adjacent surfaces even in height.

The adjustment bolts for the trunk lid are more complex than I expected. There are plenty of bolts in the hinge area, and it seems that at least two large bolts must be loosened to make any vertical adjustment. With the strut tension possible involved, I would be very tempted to have the dealer make this adjustment under warranty. This is a flagship, not a Yugo.
Old 01-30-2009, 01:04 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Bought one on Dec 31, 2008

I just bought my 09 Maxima last month. Paid for $33,700 plus tax + title. I think I got a good deal on it since I got $4000 of the MSRP. My car is fully loaded with Sport package & technology (19 in rims). Only had 900 miles so far and everything is working perfectly. Will let you guys know more once I take some trips to Houston. Btw, if anyone would like to know, I got it from Leblance Nissan dealer in Gonzales, Louisiana. Had to drive 30 mins from Baton Rouge since the dealer in town offered the same one with more miles and less options for $500 more than the one I bought.
Old 01-31-2009, 11:19 PM
MK3 Supra and Focus ST

You all have some sweet cars!
Old 02-01-2009, 02:41 AM

I thought I would post s few thoughts about my experiences with my '09.

DISLIKES:

At one time, I have seven things listed here, but as I grew more familiar with all the nuances involved, I was able to strike everything off this list except three things:

1 - I still haven't adjusted to not being able to see the side edges of the front fenders. But I understand that is the price we pay for having an unusually stylish hood area.

2 - These splash guards may protect against stones, but not much else. I have had to clean the sides of the car behind all four wheels almost daily. I will be adding a flap of black rubber to the front of the splash guards that hangs down another few inches (and maybe even reaches to the side almost an inch). I will cut them out of plain big mud flaps available at any auto parts store. This will help reduce the trash currently getting on the side of the car.

3 - It bothers me that I am unable to play with many of the screen functions/navi system options while my wife is driving. I understand this is because the type of folks that use cell phones (hands on or off) while driving in traffic would also play with this thing, and, despite their misguided opinion they are still a safe driver (they are not), that would be unwise.

I considered that if there was a passenger belted into the right seat, Nissan might have just disabled the steering wheel functions involving the screen/navi. But that still would not keep drivers with poor judgement from playing with the screen functions while the car is moving in traffic.

So-called 'multi-taskers' don't seem to understand that doing two things at once simply means each thing gets only half your attention. In Atlanta traffic, just driving requires you to be able to be aware of many things at the same time. Adding a phone or diddling with a screen could easily be the distraction that wipes out a family or two.

So, although this is bothersome, it is unavoidable.

1 - Heated steering wheel - No way I ever buy a car without this feature.
2 - Backup camera - Very clear picture - I spotted a bug crawling across the ground.
3 - Air conditioned driver's seat - I actually look forward to summers now.
4 - Tight turning radius - I make U-turns just because I can. And give out an evil laugh.
5 - Seats are comfortable - So many adjustments available. Trips will be fun.
6 - Mirrors turn down when I put car in reverse - No more scrubbing tires on curbs.
7 - Deeeep glove compartment - The Mafia may hide bodies in there.
8 - Clean look of rear - The more I look at this rear, the better I like it. Clean-cut.
9 - Aggressive front appearance. The front of this car looks downright threatning.
10 - Side haunches - Car looks like a tiger ready to pounce.
11 - Lean look - Viewed from many angles, this car has a lean, figure 8 look.
12 - Double-panel roof - Nice for rear seat riders, great conversation piece.
13 - Firm, but comfortable ride - Perfect compromise between handling and ride comfort.
14 - Flat turns at speed - Clearly flatter in turns than my previous Maximas.
15 - Back seat console is stylish - Has audio and HVAC controls.
16 - Back window power screen - This is very useful for summer parking in hot climes.
17 - Excellent slalom performer - Changing lanes at freeway sppeds - smooth, precise.
18 - Emergency handling - Quick maneuver at 70 MPH; car stayed in full control.
19 - Engine turning 2100 RPMs at 75 MPH - CVT should excel in MPG at freeway speeds.
20 - Engine turning 1750 RPMs at 60 MPH - Talk about maximizing MPG.
21 - Smooth and steady at 85 MPH - I think I will visit my sister in Montana.
22 - Very visible warning display - Right in front of driver, large and bright. No missing it.
23 - General feel of CVT - No slipping, no jerking, no hesitation; tight and strong.
24 - Push-button starting - Took some getting used to, but I like it.
25 - Intelligent key - I always forget and reach in my pocket, but this thing is very nice.
26 - Auto up/down for rear windows. Very convenient for quick airing while busy driving.
27 - Hard drive - Wonderful to not have to keep CDs in car. Nice to see names of songs.
28 - Music Box - Lists albums, enables easy switching, easy recording.
29 - Steering Wheel - Smaller, sportier, doesn't block instruments, great feel.
30 - Instrument panel - Large, clear instruments, nice layout, logical functiions.
31 - Leather - Very good quality, nice to the touch, nice color.
32 - Interior - Everything fits nicely. No mismatch, no misalignment.
33 - Headrests - More comfortable, larger, more useful than on my 6th gen.
34 - Trunk - Large, nice size opening, trunk lid counterbalanced with struts.
36 - Compass - All navi maps have a compass. I am a huge compass user.
37 - Maps - I like the navi maps. They are mostly up-to-date in my area. Very useful.
38 - Console shelf - Shallow shelf inside lid useful for frequently used things.
39 - Consode compartments - Large one and small one - both deep with power outlets.
40 - Tailpipes - Large cans, protruding from neatly sculpted body cutouts.
41 - Range of fob - I can lock car from over 300 feet away. Great for senile folks (me).

I could go on, but the list would be endless.

I am not ready to go into detail about MPG because, as I was checking the tires on the right side of the car while filling up, I heard a splashing sound, raced around the car, and found gas pouring all over the lot. I jumped into the mess trying to shut the pump nozzle off before the hot catalytic converter set it on fire (with my wife inside), and got gas all over me. Took days to air out the car and the garage. Faulty pump nozzle.

So far, I really love my '09. I am learning new things about it every day. It is sometimes discomforting to see people staring at the car while stopped at lights, but I can live with that.
Old 02-01-2009, 08:16 AM

Excellent list, Light! Enjoyed reading your observations and am particularly happy your quick reacations kept the gasoline mishap from becoming worse. It reminds me of a study that mentioned a striking difference between the genders: most men will stand outside the car while the car is filling, while the majority of women sit inside. With the excellent sound insulation of the Maxima, together with the sound system turned up, how many would have realized the pump failed to shut off?

Back to your list: under dislikes, #3 is a subject that continues to be controversial. With access to the navi controls and certain screen functions restricted while the car is moving can be bothersome, I'm glad that Nissan thought about multi-tasking and the risks of operating a powerful car while focusing on other tasks at the same time. IMHO it's a strength to consider the impact of such technology and restrict it from use when an emergency may be around the next corner!

On the plus side, your list is long and detailed. But I wonder how you like the brakes? They seemed powerful, but not over-boosted when I test drove the Maxima. Good brakes add immeasurably to the confidence one has in a vehicle. They are large, vented discs and reviewing the specs I found they are not far off the size of my trusty Brembo brakes for the 350Z!
Old 02-01-2009, 12:52 PM

Originally Posted by dkmura
I'm glad that Nissan thought about multi-tasking and the risks of operating a powerful car while focusing on other tasks at the same time. IMHO it's a strength to consider the impact of such technology and restrict it from use when an emergency may be around the next corner!

I wonder how you like the brakes? They seemed powerful, but not over-boosted when I test drove the Maxima. Good brakes add immeasurably to the confidence one has in a vehicle. They are large, vented discs and reviewing the specs I found they are not far off the size of my trusty Brembo brakes for the 350Z!

Yes, Nissan was wise to restrict diddling with the navi/screen when the car is moving. Really no choice here. Too many drivers would not restrain themselves.

I forgot to mention the brakes! I sort of 'nursed' my 6th gen through about 10K of 'unsmoothness' in braking. I used a trick I learned with the drum brakes of the 1950s. Instead of letting my foot ride up and down with the steady undulation of something not quite perfect in the braking system, I would lock my foot at one height, so the brake wear would only be on the 'high' spots. This eventually wore the high spots down, and braking on my 6th gen was fine after that.

But the brakes on this '09 are as smooth as silk. Not even a whisper of vibration of any kind. Now I have to break myself from the habit of locking my foot and instead, just push gently and steadily. I have not had to make a panic stop yet, and am trying to break the brakes in a little gently, but I have braked hard enough to notice they scrub the speed of this 3600 pound car very quickly.

Another thing I forgot to mention; I am a huge believer in Nissan's VDC (Vehicle Dynamic Control). I made sure to get my '04 with it. I am very happy VDC (as well as Traction Control) it is now standard on this '09.

I am driving a luxury car with a pedestrian nameplate. And I love it!
Old 02-02-2009, 01:26 PM

One item of note: most of the reviews here have been posted by owners of SV models (either Premium or Sport). There's been few reports from Maxima S owners and I'd be curious to hear about their likes/dislikes as well. Any 'S' owners out there want to comment? Do you wish you'd purchased the upscale model or are you happy with what you got?
Old 02-02-2009, 04:02 PM

S

We have the S and it suits us because we both prefer cloth seats. I'm not an electronic, video game type guy so the lack of "toys" is not a problem.

The stock sound system is better than I have ever had in a car so the Bose upgrade would go unappreciated. I plan to put fogs on sometime and am shopping for a portable GPS with rear cam. It appears that all the above can be bought and installed for less than $500.00 bucks.

Bottom line is for 4k or more, these items are not that appealing..for 500 bucks, sure.. especially since the GPS will be much cheaper than factory units and may even work better. I don't know how much per year new GPS upgrades cost through Nissan but the portables have a lot of advantages over GM's version which is the only one I'm familiar with.

Being a retired teacher/coach, money is definitely an object and the car has everything I have ever had on a vehicle plus some.

No regrets from here.
Old 02-03-2009, 02:00 AM

Originally Posted by dkmura
One item of note: most of the reviews here have been posted by owners of SV models (either Premium or Sport). There's been few reports from Maxima S owners and I'd be curious to hear about their likes/dislikes as well. Any 'S' owners out there want to comment? Do you wish you'd purchased the upscale model or are you happy with what you got?

The one great thing about the 'S' is that it has exactly the same engine, tranny, wheels, brakes, etc, as the most upscale 'SV' with Premium and tech packages. Unlike the entry level vehicle of many car lines, the '09 Maxima 'S' is, in every way, truly a Maxima. The base '09 Maxima 'S' can be bought from several Atlanta dealers for between $24K and $25K.
Old 02-07-2009, 06:17 PM

Got around to test driving one today.

The moron salesman decides to let me drive a basic S model. I was impressed with the drive ability, but was pissed that they left me with an empty tank.....had to call them and bring a gas tank. I had only driven 10 miles. ......
Old 02-17-2009, 11:12 PM

mileage

The car has 2800 miles now with the last approximately 800 miles on vacation in Gulf Shores, Al. since Jan 18th. The mileage has been 25.1 with average speeds of 25.4...city driving more than highway for sure. Those numbers are better than advertised.

I hope to see 28 plus on the return trip of 850 miles with speeds averaging 73 on the Interstates. The CVT works very well. Once mileage numbers are raised by the EPA, CVTs will be virtually mandatory...so much more efficient.
Old 02-17-2009, 11:52 PM

Originally Posted by Mick7
I hope to see 28 plus on the return trip of 850 miles with speeds averaging 73 on the Interstates. The CVT works very well. Once mileage numbers are raised by the EPA, CVTs will be virtually mandatory...so much more efficient.
Two posters here last summer measured their MPG on long freeway trips with the '09 and one got 30 and the other 32 for their trips. Unless you hit bad traffic or bad weather or something unplanned, I bet you will at least meet your 28 MPG target. We certainly expect a report when you get home.
Old 02-18-2009, 04:51 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

In the mileage wars, the cars differential between highway and city is staggering.I'm getting no more then 12-14 in town and not quite double that on the highway,albeit cold weather conditions will effect the efficiency factor.Mileage will improve when I can take the winter coat off my car.
Old 02-18-2009, 04:46 PM

I'm curious what this Premium mood lighting is? Can someone explain? I'm getting a Sport model and I never really got to test the car at night to see how the interior lights work. I'd be really disappointed if this car didn't have interior lights that slowly dimmed down when you closed the doors.
Old 02-18-2009, 05:22 PM

Originally Posted by Topend
In the mileage wars, the cars differential between highway and city is staggering.I'm getting no more then 12-14 in town and not quite double that on the highway,albeit cold weather conditions will effect the efficiency factor.Mileage will improve when I can take the winter coat off my car.
Something is wrong with your Maxima. My car just turned 1,000 miles and at the last fill-up, I calculated 23.2 mpg. My drive mix is 50%/50%.

Quick Reply: OK, Who Bought One? What do you think?