7th Generation Maxima (2009-2015) Come in and talk about the 7th generation Maxima
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help! I'm new here and have a question....

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2015, 07:45 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

So a follow-up question, I read that limp mode can be caused by overheating of the CVT by it being over filled causing the fluid to foam up. If that is the case, would it be best to replace all fluid to the proper level by the dealership?
Old 06-22-2015, 08:55 AM

Has the CVT fluid ever been changed? Take it to the dealership and have them check it. Good luck and let us know what you find. I have a 2012 and just had the fluid changed at 50,000 miles and I could tell the difference after it was changed. Let us know.
Old 06-22-2015, 12:30 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Going to try and hit the dealership this week.
Old 06-22-2015, 03:38 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Geesh, $115 for the diagnostic and that can be used as credit towards $189 for flush and fill.
Old 07-03-2015, 09:23 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

Backup camera wiring

Hey all; this is my first post after buying a 5th-gen GXE. I'm a little intimidated by the backup camera install. I saw a thread saying it was a pain to do, and I'm not too worried about it, but my only question is this:

Where can I wire the reverse trigger in?? I've seen a post in another forum saying there's a green/white wire in the ECU you can use. Much thanks to anyone who can help!
Old 08-02-2015, 12:00 PM
RR5

Originally Posted by Blaisemaster
Hey all; this is my first post after buying a 5th-gen GXE. I'm a little intimidated by the backup camera install. I saw a thread saying it was a pain to do, and I'm not too worried about it, but my only question is this:

Where can I wire the reverse trigger in?? I've seen a post in another forum saying there's a green/white wire in the ECU you can use. Much thanks to anyone who can help!
You can take a look at the FSM (not sure what particular section/PDF) and you'll find the wiring color/description.
Old 08-05-2015, 06:24 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Unhappy Rusty Light Bulb

My daughter has a 1996 Maxima with a license plate light bulb out. We were able to find out how to get to it, I think, but it seems to be all rusty around there and we're afraid we might break a wire or make it worse. Is there something to pour over it to loosen it? Any other suggestions? She got a police warning last night and she works nights, so we need to find out ASAP. Thanks!
Old 10-28-2015, 07:40 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Auto up on Drivers window

I have an 09 350 ST-S (Australia) and the drivers side window will go down automatically but not up.
I've just moved on from a D40 Navara/Frontier which had the same problem, after disconnecting the battery. To fix the Nav you held the window switch for a few seconds after the glass had stopped moving (ie up/down/up), which reset the ecu.
The same method doesn't work on the Maxima.
Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks in advance.
Pedro
Old 10-30-2015, 10:27 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Originally Posted by Blaisemaster

I ran a wire from the camera and hooked into the loom for the reversing lights, so the camera powers up when the car is put into reverse.

Last edited by Pedro123; 11-04-2015 at 04:23 PM.
Old 11-10-2015, 04:19 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Problem with stereo/clock/and controls

Hopefully someone here has seen it.None of my audio controls are functioning and there is no audio.I was driving and the sound cut out and this has been on the display ever since.I took it to my local Nissan dealer and figured I'd ask. The guy in the service department wouldn't even look at it and said I'd have to schedule a service appointment and pay to have a technician run a diagnostics on it . I'd rather get it replaced than pay just to find out what's wrong with it and still have to pay to get it fixed or replaced. Ideally, it's something that I can fix myself. Has anyone seen or dealt with this?

Old 11-11-2015, 03:36 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Fuse maybe?
Old 11-11-2015, 03:49 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Originally Posted by Pedro123
Fuse maybe?
I tried changing the fuse at least the one labeled audio. It was listed with the motor for the mirrors and they work just fine. I'll double check just to be sure.
Old 11-16-2015, 12:57 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

Hi all,

I am new here old maxima since 90s.

I bought my maxima 2014 and its turned to 15k today.

I need an advise for playing with this car for maintenance or performance such as changing the exhust or some type under the car.

I checked this
https://maxima.org/forums/7th-genera...cessories.html

and it is very old thread i am not sure if I can follow up with it?

My car is not stable specially when I turn right fast it is ski a little. the road is very soft but dry. any idea?
Old 11-16-2015, 08:42 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Originally Posted by max252

My car is not stable specially when I turn right fast it is ski a little. the road is very soft but dry. any idea?
Have your alignment checked. You could have too much toe out in the rear.
Old 11-17-2015, 01:58 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

Originally Posted by Maximam
Have your alignment checked. You could have too much toe out in the rear.
everything is good except the car was bought on 2015 Apr while it was made on Jan 2014. the dealer kept the car for that long. I thought maybe the tyres need to be changed.

Thanks for your comment
Old 12-02-2015, 07:57 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

Hello, I recently purchased my 2nd 7th generation Maxima - 1st was 2011 (bought used), 2nd is a 2014 (new from dealer 9/2015). The new one has an intermittent hesitation when accelerating from a stop. might happen once or twice in a day, and then not happen for 3 days. I'm taking to dealer today, but they really have no idea what the problem might be. Has anyone had similar problem, and possibly have insight to a solution? The dealer suggested that they would need to start replacing things, I really don't want them to start messing. Any info appreciated, thanks.
Old 01-06-2016, 06:29 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

New Maxima owner here... 2011 SV is what I have. I am not sure if i have the Sport package or not... is there an easy way to tell? I have Paddle shifters and 19" rims but wasn't sure if that was the extent of the sport package. I have the Technology group with iPod hookup but don't have NAV.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!
Old 01-06-2016, 03:38 PM

Found this from another site. I also have the SV Sport 09 model and it has all this except the smoked lights and dark chrome grill.

A number of packages are also offered, including the Sport Package wîth sport-tuned suspension, 19-inch wheels, rear spoiler, High Intensity Discharge (HID) Xenon headlights, heated outside mirrors wîth reverse tilt-down feature, automatic entry/exit system wîth two-driver memory, heated front seats and §teering wheel, paddle shifters, metallic finish trim, premium leather-appointed seats, plus new smoked headlight covers and dark chrome grille.
Old 01-06-2016, 06:23 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Originally Posted by Richard66
Found this from another site. I also have the SV Sport 09 model and it has all this except the smoked lights and dark chrome grill.

A number of packages are also offered, including the Sport Package wîth sport-tuned suspension, 19-inch wheels, rear spoiler, High Intensity Discharge (HID) Xenon headlights, heated outside mirrors wîth reverse tilt-down feature, automatic entry/exit system wîth two-driver memory, heated front seats and §teering wheel, paddle shifters, metallic finish trim, premium leather-appointed seats, plus new smoked headlight covers and dark chrome grille.

Thanks Richard!
Old 02-01-2016, 07:01 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

Battery drain

Originally Posted by Compusmurf
Ok, all the other forums have this thread for our newer members who have less than 15 posts and can't post a new thread. So, instead of threadjacking someones thread to get your question answered, do it here!

Please tho, search first. It's VERY likely your question has been asked by someone else.
I have a 2010 Maxima with close to 80,000 miles on it. It does not happen all the time, but i will have random days that I go to start my car and the battery is dead. Weird things then happen with the lights and sometimes I will get this continuous click, click, click that makes any dash lights that are still illuminated pulsate like orbs. And they don't turn off until it dies completely. Yesterday was the strangest since when it happened one headlight came on and stayed on. Lights were set at auto. It usually happens when I go to start it in the garage in the morning, or after it hasn't been driven for a day or two. We had the battery replaced 14 months ago by Autozone, and have had Nissan dealer and Autozone both check the battery. Nissan dealer says they would need it for a couple days to find out what is wrong with it.
Any ideas?
Old 04-05-2016, 09:40 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Need help in choosing...

Hello everyone,

I'm contemplating between a 2009 maxima and a 2013 nissan altima 2.5sv. The details of the cars are as follows:

1. Nissan Maxima-Clean Carproof No accidents-12500 CAD @ 75000kms
2. Nissan Altima- Clean Carproof No accidents- 13500 CAD @ 83000kms.

Now having gone through quite a few posts, one particular issue seems to stand out and that is the dreaded CVT. I have a few questions which if anyone could help we me with, would greatly be appreciated as it would go towards my decision of purchasing either or as my very first car!

1. My dad previously owned a 2010 3.5 sr altima sedan and currently a 2014 altima 3.5. He hasnt had any cvt issues so far, even till the point he sold his altima 2010 @ 88000kms. Does the CVT affect only 2.5 models?

2. What is the track record regarding the 09 maxima's CVT?

3. Since im buying this car used from a nissan dealer, will the extended warranty of 10 years/200,000kms transfer over to me or no?

4. which should i get? P.S I'm also looking @ a grand vitara 4wd 2011 @ 70,000kms @ 15000CAD.

VERY CONFUSED! PLEASE HELP!

thanks
adi
Old 04-06-2016, 10:01 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

Does anyone know if a panoramic sunroof wind deflector is available and where to get one? 2014 Max. The dealer does not list one.
Old 04-13-2016, 12:34 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Wind Deflector for Panoramic Sunroof? - doubtful

I too, have looked for a deflector. I suspect the dealers don't provide them because the entire section is glass, and thus would pose a problem in securing the deflector to the car. Does anyone know for sure?
Old 06-15-2016, 10:46 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

Ticking sound when AC is on behind dash.

Good afternoon,
My 2011 Maxima just started making a ticking sound that I think is related to the AC. When my AC is turned on low the ticking is faint but increases as I turn the AC on high.

The sound is coming from the passengers side.

I searched this thread and forum as best as I could before posting.
Old 07-20-2016, 09:35 AM

I'm glad you posted this. I just switched to synthetic and was trying the find the best interval to change it again.
Thank you. (Now I need to change my maintenance warning....)
Old 07-27-2016, 01:49 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Angry Alternator/IPDM Issues

I just bought a 2013 Maxima SV with the sport package, 35,800 miles on it, Thursday July 21. I made it 50 miles from the dealership and it died. Had it brought in, they replaced the IPDM and I picked it up yesterday. I drove another 50 miles and the car died again. Now, they are saying the alternator is bad. Car does not start or run, luckily Nissan is covering all the work.

Anyone else have a similar issue?
Old 07-27-2016, 09:39 PM

Originally Posted by greenwood1987
I just bought a 2013 Maxima SV with the sport package, 35,800 miles on it, Thursday July 21. I made it 50 miles from the dealership and it died. Had it brought in, they replaced the IPDM and I picked it up yesterday. I drove another 50 miles and the car died again. Now, they are saying the alternator is bad. Car does not start or run, luckily Nissan is covering all the work.

Anyone else have a similar issue?
Just want to say I'm sorry to hear that! We have same model, mine is the sv no sports package. Same mileage. Engine has never let me down, no lights or warnings or sensor issues.
In your case, clearly something is draining alternator, can't store enough energy to run accessories in your car. Definately start looking at your electrical components, particularly the added features/accessories that came with the upgrade. Good luck.
Old 09-14-2016, 08:32 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Hello, I love Maximas and I finally bought my first one, a 2012 S with 35,500 on it about 3 weeks ago. I wanted to put in an HID kit bit I want a good one that's bright and has a nice white/blueish color. I also looked into LED lights. Does anybody have any recommendations, tips, and experience with either HID or LED headlight bulbs on these cars?
Old 09-19-2016, 09:23 AM

2009 7th Gen AC Evaporator Removal

Hello everyone. I'm usually an Infiniti guy but decided to buy a Maxima this go-round. Lo and behold, the ac compressor goes 3 weeks after buying the car. I've replaced all ac components, but I can't remove the expansion valve to flush the evaporator because of a stubborn seized hex bolt, so I need to remove the evaporator.

I can not find any information on removing the 7th Gen evaporator. Does one really have to remove the entire dash to reach it? Any write-ups on the process? Thanks!
Old 09-24-2016, 08:29 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

Weird sound when turning the car to on

There is a pound hissing sound from under my car Nissan Maxima 2010 cant figure out what it is the today I turned the car off and the I pressed the button without pressing the break pedal and when I pressed it again I heard a weird noise coming from under the car for the pump never did that before especially that kind of sound..... anyone here have this issue ? Recently took my car in to Nissan and they told me I need to get my steering angle and clock spring replaced 1200$ job wtf
Old 11-02-2016, 08:23 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Damn You Cluster Gauge Lights!!!!

Aloha,

I am having a hard time finding an answer to why my gauge lights are not turning on. I need to explore more options. Anybody got time to help?
Old 11-02-2016, 11:54 PM

The dimmer switch needs to be pushed in to turn the lights on. They just might be turned off.
Old 11-04-2016, 11:50 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

More Details for Richard66

So i took a part my cluster gauge and replaced all bulbs. I checked all fuses and made sure the dimmer was connected and switched to the on position. Is there any chance it could be the cluster panel? Should I buy a new one, which cost anywhere between 150$ to 200$ or is there another option I can explore?

Thank you for the response.
Old 01-14-2017, 07:04 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

I bought a 2014 Maxima SV with 5400 miles on it about 6 weeks ago. When looking at the interior rear view mirror, I was surprised to find that there is no compass or thermometer on it. That was a bit disappointing. Is there some other place to view a compass 24/7 and not have to bring up the navigation system? Thanks for advice and help.
Old 01-18-2017, 09:14 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

2010 bose gps

Originally Posted by Compusmurf
Ok, all the other forums have this thread for our newer members who have less than 15 posts and can't post a new thread. So, instead of threadjacking someones thread to get your question answered, do it here!

Please tho, search first. It's VERY likely your question has been asked by someone else.
hey guys i need help my radio won't play anything other than the am/fm if i try cd bluetooth or iPod i get 3 beep and no audio sometimes it play for a few seconds and then the unit rebooth over and over please help.
Old 02-16-2017, 07:24 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

Climate Controlled Seat Bottom Cushion Failure

First time, long time, 'bout time. I have recently purchased a 2014 Max SV Sport with climate controlled seats, this is my first post, though I have loved this forum for many years. I figured it was about time to give back and will try to be more involved. Love this thread since I'm new and totally agree with the 15 post rule. My question is: have other climate control seat owners noticed two big divots in their bottom cushion and has anyone found a fix, or taken the issue to the dealer? Most cooled seats that I have owned in the past had very hard bottom cushions. I would imagine the hard top layer covered the two air ducts that are routed from the bottom of the seat to the bottom cushion surface. The Max bottom cushion is pretty soft. My concern is that the leather will continue to stretch over the ducts.
Old 02-16-2017, 07:58 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

Originally Posted by adithya
Hello everyone,

I'm contemplating between a 2009 maxima and a 2013 nissan altima 2.5sv. The details of the cars are as follows:

1. Nissan Maxima-Clean Carproof No accidents-12500 CAD @ 75000kms
2. Nissan Altima- Clean Carproof No accidents- 13500 CAD @ 83000kms.

Now having gone through quite a few posts, one particular issue seems to stand out and that is the dreaded CVT. I have a few questions which if anyone could help we me with, would greatly be appreciated as it would go towards my decision of purchasing either or as my very first car!

1. My dad previously owned a 2010 3.5 sr altima sedan and currently a 2014 altima 3.5. He hasnt had any cvt issues so far, even till the point he sold his altima 2010 @ 88000kms. Does the CVT affect only 2.5 models?

2. What is the track record regarding the 09 maxima's CVT?

3. Since im buying this car used from a nissan dealer, will the extended warranty of 10 years/200,000kms transfer over to me or no?

4. which should i get? P.S I'm also looking @ a grand vitara 4wd 2011 @ 70,000kms @ 15000CAD.

VERY CONFUSED! PLEASE HELP!

thanks
adi
Your in luck as I just went through this exercise with my son's car. I ended up with neither and bought a 3.5 Altima SR for this very reason: in my opinion the CVT works better with the V-6 engine. I drive a rental car 2 weeks per month when traveling for work and most times get a Altima 2.5. I hate the CVT with the 4cyl. I find the CVT to be more responsive in the '14 Maxima I own and in those Maximas I have rented. As for buying a 2009 maxima, i'd stay away due to the many TSB's, but that's my opinion. Others here love their 2009s. Have you looked for an Altima SE or SR?
Old 02-17-2017, 06:27 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

7th gen fogs

I'm installing fog lights on 2012 SV. Car is prewired for easy hook up.
I'm not using factory multifunction switch upgrade. I will tap into column wires with remote switch. Forum posts have been very helpful on install, except for the 2 wires to tap. I got a copy of the fog schematic. Hope this helps others.
Attached Thumbnails Help!  I'm new here and have a question....-fogs_maxima.jpg  
Old 03-07-2017, 06:22 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Camshaft pos sensor P0011 code

Hi I'm new here but I have an ongoing problem with my 2011 Maxima. The problem started about two months ago with a check engine lite and code P0011. I turned the light off and it stayed off for about 400 miles. I replaced the camshaft pos sensor bank 1 and the light stayed off for another 600 miles. I am faithful to change oil and filter at 4000 miles. I use Penzoil full synthetic oil and the best Wix filter. I just took it to a Nissan dealer and they ran a computer check on it and after checking both the camshaft solenoid and the camshaft sensor I had put in came up with the diagnosis that it has an internal oil leak behind the big cover on the passenger side of the engine. This internal oil leak supposedly is large enough that the solenoid cant function at idle speeds and after a few times makes the lite com on. The car starts and runs fine.
The kicker is that they say according to the book the cover has to be replaced when the gasket is replaced. The total bill is $2700 including about $520 in parts and my car is out of warranty. It has 53000 miles on it. Has any one heard of this problem? Supposedly there have been no recalls.
Thanks for any help.

Last edited by tjack57; 03-08-2017 at 08:59 AM.
Old 03-18-2017, 11:24 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

in follow up on code P0011-- the shop agreed to replace the cover gasket without replacing the cover and Nissan agreed to pay for the parts and me the labor. It still cost me $1700 to replace a blown gasket that nothing but oil pressure on it. They said it doesn't happen often but does happen.

Quick Reply: Help! I'm new here and have a question....