7th Generation Maxima (2009-2015) Come in and talk about the 7th generation Maxima

Air condition problems on my 2010 maxima

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2019, 02:09 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Air condition problems on my 2010 maxima

Ok guys and gals, I just recently put a new ac compressor on my car. Later noted it was not cooling like it should. For about 10-15 minutes it would run warm then get cold. Was told it needed more freon (excuse my spelling) so we added another can with no problem. Now the car has like surges when running with the ac on. You can see the rpm hand go up and down just a little and can also feel it in the power of the car. Also when parked and running it does the same thing and now it's just blowing warm air. Please please please any ideas or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Old 06-11-2019, 02:25 PM

Originally Posted by Karen Guy
Ok guys and gals, I just recently put a new ac compressor on my car. Later noted it was not cooling like it should. For about 10-15 minutes it would run warm then get cold. Was told it needed more freon (excuse my spelling) so we added another can with no problem. Now the car has like surges when running with the ac on. You can see the rpm hand go up and down just a little and can also feel it in the power of the car. Also when parked and running it does the same thing and now it's just blowing warm air. Please please please any ideas or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
I think your compressor is turning on and off and your feeling the load on the car every time it's starting and shutting off, This may mean you may have overcharged your A/C system!
Old 06-11-2019, 03:20 PM

What did you change out when you serviced your compressor and how was it serviced? Did you add the proper weight PAG oil to the compressor? Some compressors have a warning on them that says you have to drain the assembly oil and add the correct oil before installation. Did you change the accumulator / receiver drier? Did you change the TXV (Thermal Expansion Valve)? Did you change out the condenser? If you touched the heater, did you bleed the system? Did you touch the evaporator core? You need to list the procedures, parts, and problem so you can make a diagnostic flow chart to resolve the problem.
Old 06-11-2019, 09:18 PM

Originally Posted by VeeQue35DE
What did you change out when you serviced your compressor and how was it serviced? Did you add the proper weight PAG oil to the compressor? Some compressors have a warning on them that says you have to drain the assembly oil and add the correct oil before installation. Did you change the accumulator / receiver drier? Did you change the TXV (Thermal Expansion Valve)? Did you change out the condenser? If you touched the heater, did you bleed the system? Did you touch the evaporator core? You need to list the procedures, parts, and problem so you can make a diagnostic flow chart to resolve the problem.

Yeah, what he said. Til then, no one will ever know.

And fire whoever told you to just dump more "freon" in it. Despite the fact that it may be likely that your low pressure switch is tripping on and off, whoever refers to refrigerant as "freon" in this day and age doesn't have a clue about anything. Stay away.

Beyond that, the answers to VQ's questions would be a great start.

Last edited by User1; 06-11-2019 at 09:26 PM.
Old 06-12-2019, 01:42 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

Originally Posted by VeeQue35DE

I'm hoping everything was done properly. It was changed at a shop so I'm not sure how to answer any of your in depth questions. I am just curious as to what the problem could be now. Will be taking it back to the shop to see what is going on. Just dont want to be jerked around.
Old 06-12-2019, 01:45 AM

I'm hoping everything was done properly. It was changed at a shop so I'm not sure how to answer any of your in depth questions. I am just curious as to what the problem could be now. Will be taking it back to the shop to see what is going on. Just dont want to be jerked around.
Let us know how it goes at the shop.
Old 06-13-2019, 04:28 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Originally Posted by User1
Let us know how it goes at the shop.
Ok update to ac problem. Took it somewhere else to get checked, they could not find any problems, never blew any hot air on them. So basically they pulled all the refrigerant out, recharged it added dye and oil and ran it again for a while with no issues. So far I have been driving it on and off today without any issues. Hopefully whatever was done is fixed now. Keeping my fingers crossed. Thanks to everyone for all the advice and input.