All Motor All Motor Advanced Performance. Talk about Engine Swaps, Internal Engine work. Not your basic Y pipe and Intake Information.

Alti guys talking to Crawford Z about a plenum ..

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2005, 07:12 PM

Originally Posted by NmexMAX
Any other options ...
Not really, I wish there were. I guess we will just have to wait for this and see what happens.
Old 05-14-2005, 12:50 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

Originally Posted by SR20DEN
It looks like the Crawford people are also misinformed about the cams. It's only been proven a dozen times that ALL VQ35s, except for the Pathfinder and the 300hp engines, have the SAME cams. I also would be suprized to see anything close to +25hp on the manifold alone. And most people are going to be upset with the amount of low end loss this is going to bring. New software to correct the FWD hobbled low end cam timing will be needed.

Hey guys this Steve...the guy from altimas.net getting with crawford Z on the fabrication of the test Product....If you have any questions i'll be happy to help and answer them if i can.

sr20den, we understand that there will be some sort of low end grunt loss involved, i cant remember the numbers lost on the Z but it really wasnt a large amount considering that most of us are running anywhere betweem 235-260 lbs torque to the wheels.

now when it comes to low end cam timing , and some sort of software adjustments ...what exactly do you mean??? what do you forsee happening and what would be a rememdy?
Old 05-14-2005, 01:04 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

Originally Posted by spanishrice
they only modded the upper. They just used a 1 piece upper instead of a 2 piece upper.
actually its still a 2 piece. upper and lower that connects to the intake manifold. the Z has a 3 piece intake system..upper and lower plenum and the intake manifold. the upper and lower refered to as the "clamshell" connects to the intake manifold.

same concept with what we are doing with the altima at crawford Z. were either are coming up with a custom upper and lower plenum and mating it to the 350z intake manifold ...the intake manifold will be machined and "tweaked" to fit out FWD applications. then we might just use a modified stock upper/lower plenum or a custom upper and lower plenum. we just have to wait and see come next month. im dropping off the car come the 24th and they will have it for 30 days to build the test model. during that period of time , doug will determine and fabricate the pieces.

now in terms of A/F , im going to be safe and purchase safc2 or a smt6.

they are porting my throttle body also...from 69mm to 73-74 mm. just to get some more air in there. we will see what happens.
Old 05-14-2005, 01:45 AM
dot dot dot ...

The wizard still owns, b/c he doesn't need to use other car manifolds here ... one of these days ...
Old 05-14-2005, 02:23 AM
Horra!!

Originally Posted by MightyMouseAlti
actually its still a 2 piece. upper and lower that connects to the intake manifold. the Z has a 3 piece intake system..upper and lower plenum and the intake manifold. the upper and lower refered to as the "clamshell" connects to the intake manifold.

same concept with what we are doing with the altima at crawford Z. were either are coming up with a custom upper and lower plenum and mating it to the 350z intake manifold ...the intake manifold will be machined and "tweaked" to fit out FWD applications. then we might just use a modified stock upper/lower plenum or a custom upper and lower plenum. we just have to wait and see come next month. im dropping off the car come the 24th and they will have it for 30 days to build the test model. during that period of time , doug will determine and fabricate the pieces.

now in terms of A/F , im going to be safe and purchase safc2 or a smt6.

they are porting my throttle body also...from 69mm to 73-74 mm. just to get some more air in there. we will see what happens.
Will everyone else's end product also include a ported throttle body? If not wouldn't that make your dyno numbers higher than what the actual product would produce? I'm just not sure how the number would be calculated in the end.
Old 05-14-2005, 12:33 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Originally Posted by looslip
Will everyone else's end product also include a ported throttle body? If not wouldn't that make your dyno numbers higher than what the actual product would produce? I'm just not sure how the number would be calculated in the end.

no , they will have to pay extra for the ported throttle body....but since i will have 2 throttle bodies ...i am going to be able to dyno both the stock and the modified throttle body.
Old 05-14-2005, 12:35 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

The wizard still owns, b/c he doesn't need to use other car manifolds here ... one of these days ...

manny , we dont have to use another intake manifold. we chose to since the 350z's manifold is slightly larger and gives us some room to play with when fabricating the plenums.
Old 05-14-2005, 12:56 PM
dot dot dot ...

Old 05-16-2005, 05:59 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

manny , im going to talk to doug about 2 versions....one that uses the stock manifold and one that uses the 350z manifold.
Old 05-16-2005, 06:29 AM

a pathfinder TB adapter plate might be cheaper than a ported TB?
Old 05-16-2005, 06:59 AM
Father of the 00 VI

Originally Posted by Pimpmobile
a pathfinder TB adapter plate might be cheaper than a ported TB?
he's making his bigger than a pathy TB ,and also the 3.5 TB and pathy TB's are really the same size 70mm. His is going to be 73-74mm .

And also SR20den may have been able to make a good plenum setup for himself .....but where is the link for ALL of us to buy this .

I also want a plenum that peaks around 7k rpm and looses alot of low end ........
Old 05-17-2005, 09:26 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

ordered the 350z intake manifold today ...so i should have it by the end of the week. just in time to drop the car off on tuesday of next week.

got a great buy on a brand new z intake mani. 250 shipped to my house. dealer wanted 340.00 so im pleased.

i will keep you posted. it might be a while for more info , im going to PLDC (army nco school) its 30 days long. so if you dont hear back from me for a while , everything is still going as planned.
Old 06-03-2005, 05:08 PM

Just letting whoever cares know that I am verrry intersted,

I'd just like to study the dyno results before I go off like a lemming though.