Audio and Electronics Discuss in-car entertainment systems, audio and video systems, car alarms and other electronics topics.

Need new sub for JBL BP600.1...suggestions?

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2003, 05:05 PM

Need new sub for JBL BP600.1...suggestions?

Well I bought a JBL BP600.1 amp just over 1 month ago and this thing is a beast. It was powering an Infinity Kappa Perfect 12.1 and it blew the sub in that short period. However, it may have been due to the fact that the box was not the recommended size specified by Infinity.

Anyways, I'm now in need of a new sub and was thinking of running a single sub again but something that can handle 600watts rms or more into 2 ohms. Can you guys give me suggestions? I dont want something too expensive but one that will not blow with the JBL amp.

Nathan
Old 02-12-2003, 06:45 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Re: Need new sub for JBL BP600.1...suggestions?

Originally posted by Nathan
Well I bought a JBL BP600.1 amp just over 1 month ago and this thing is a beast. It was powering an Infinity Kappa Perfect 12.1 and it blew the sub in that short period. However, it may have been due to the fact that the box was not the recommended size specified by Infinity.

Anyways, I'm now in need of a new sub and was thinking of running a single sub again but something that can handle 600watts rms or more into 2 ohms. Can you guys give me suggestions? I dont want something too expensive but one that will not blow with the JBL amp.

Nathan
I recently bought a Diamond Audio 12W4 M6 from Don. I paid like around $280 or so shipped. This sub sounds SO amazing. Even at 600W it begs for more power. If you get this sub, you will be very happy. Just make sure you put it in a sealed enclosure, about 1 cubic foot.

Lloyd
Old 02-12-2003, 07:21 PM

Re: Re: Need new sub for JBL BP600.1...suggestions?

Originally posted by Ma><iManiac
I recently bought a Diamond Audio 12W4 M6 from Don. I paid like around $280 or so shipped. This sub sounds SO amazing. Even at 600W it begs for more power. If you get this sub, you will be very happy. Just make sure you put it in a sealed enclosure, about 1 cubic foot.
Lloyd
Hey thanks for the suggestion. Do you know what kind of warranty the Diamond Audio subs come with? The problem I'm having is that its hard to get warranty work done if I buy from the states, since I live in Canada. Maybe I should check with Don about this. Thanks again.
Old 02-12-2003, 08:55 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Re: Re: Re: Need new sub for JBL BP600.1...suggestions?

Hey thanks for the suggestion. Do you know what kind of warranty the Diamond Audio subs come with? The problem I'm having is that its hard to get warranty work done if I buy from the states, since I live in Canada. Maybe I should check with Don about this. Thanks again.
DEFINITELY check with Don. He knows all! He will be VERY helpful too. One of the best online transaction experiences I have had to date!

Lloyd
Old 02-16-2003, 11:39 AM
no more maxima...

Re: Need new sub for JBL BP600.1...suggestions?

You live in canada eh? Right now beyond audio is having a clearance sale on their X-ones. Like 189cdn or 199cdn for their 12" x-ones. They are rated to handle 600wrms, but could probably take more than that in the right box. A guy hit 145dB from the dash with a single x-one 15" and 700wrms.

Nathan
Old 02-16-2003, 11:41 AM
no more maxima...

Re: Re: Need new sub for JBL BP600.1...suggestions?

You probably havent heard of Beyond Audio, but it is a small company, that is growing pretty quickly from what I hear, and they make some good stuff. There is a lot of good companies out there these days, that many people haven't heard of, that can whip kicker, RF, JL and the rest for a far better price. As soon as I get rid of my JLs, I am gonna go with one of these smaller companies for sure.
Originally posted by kingrukus
You live in canada eh? Right now beyond audio is having a clearance sale on their X-ones. Like 189cdn or 199cdn for their 12" x-ones. They are rated to handle 600wrms, but could probably take more than that in the right box. A guy hit 145dB from the dash with a single x-one 15" and 700wrms.