Dealership and Vendor Experiences Let other Maxima owners, or potential Maxima owners, which dealerships and shops you've had good or bad luck with.

Fantastic Dealer experience

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2005, 01:17 PM

Fantastic Dealer experience

Nismo you will probably move this to "Dealer/Vendor experiences" but I just wanted everyone to read this: I live in Edmonton, Alberta, Canada and yesterday I called the service manager @ West End Nissan, and advised him that I need to get my 04' Maxima in for a couple of minor things (rotate tires, brake check, wheel alignment) nothing serious. The service manager looks up my account, sees that he lives only a few blocks from me, and last night brought to my house, a courtesty car (by the way is was a 2004 maxima SE loaded, leather, sunroof) he took my car home for the night and all of the work is being done today, he will bring my maxima back to my house tonight and then is going to take my wife 2004 pathfinder in tommorrow to get some minor service work done and will bring in home tommorrow night and take back the courtesy car!!!! talk about going the extra mile, and I didn't even buy the car from this dealer!
Old 04-07-2005, 02:04 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Sounds too good to be true... but it's nice to know that there are some good Nissan dealers out there.
Old 04-07-2005, 02:08 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

there are good dealers of all sorts out there. my daughter has a saturn, and the computer went out. seems like when circuit city installed the sattelite radio, they DRILLER THROUGH the computer. the dealer replaced it under warranty because they said she would never get her money back from circuit city, and they didn't want her to have to pay for it.

plus they gave her a free loaner for her business trip, and even paid for the gas!

so...yes there are slimey dealers, but there are also GREAT ones as well.

i've never had any problems with my nissan dealer.
Old 04-07-2005, 02:40 PM

It's because she had a saturn...Saturns have awesome dealers. Not pushy and willing to do work.
Old 04-07-2005, 05:32 PM
SuPeRmOd

hey, post the dealer's phone #. I'll pay the international phone fees for that kinda service!
Old 04-08-2005, 06:05 AM

There are definitely good dealers out there. Unfortunately they are not the norm. I've had mixed experiences with Chrysler and GM. Just bad with Nissan. Frankly I don't know why Auto makers don't do something about it. It cost them sales
Old 05-11-2005, 03:42 PM

Good Experience

I went to Hippodrome Nissan in Nashville Tennessee on Tuesday of last week to get an extra key made. It cost about $60 dollers by the way. At that time I asked them to order me a new Nav screen as mine was cloudy. They said there was a recall on the Skyview glass and would change that when the new screen came in. Well on Friday 3 days later they called and said the part was in and when would I like to bring it in. So today as scheduled they replaced the screen and Skyview glass. there was no charge and no pressure to have the 15,000 mile service which is due. All in all a GREAT dealer experience.
Old 05-21-2005, 06:03 AM

Originally Posted by DLy2k1
Nismo you will probably move this to "Dealer/Vendor experiences" but I just wanted everyone to read this: I live in Edmonton, Alberta, Canada and yesterday I called the service manager @ West End Nissan, and advised him that I need to get my 04' Maxima in for a couple of minor things (rotate tires, brake check, wheel alignment) nothing serious. The service manager looks up my account, sees that he lives only a few blocks from me, and last night brought to my house, a courtesty car (by the way is was a 2004 maxima SE loaded, leather, sunroof) he took my car home for the night and all of the work is being done today, he will bring my maxima back to my house tonight and then is going to take my wife 2004 pathfinder in tommorrow to get some minor service work done and will bring in home tommorrow night and take back the courtesy car!!!! talk about going the extra mile, and I didn't even buy the car from this dealer!
Would you mind telling me what the service manager's name was? Please PM me if you don't want to post it. I DID buy my car from this dealer and when I took it there for my first "free" service I was not very impressed. I have not returned since. After hearing this, I might give them another try.