General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

Nitrous Confused...

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2003, 09:14 PM

Nitrous Confused...

How come everyone clams they love nitrous when they get it, but then everyone on the selling forums, sell it after a mouth or so....if its so great why would one try to sell it so fast?
Old 02-15-2003, 09:20 PM
Langley AFB Sux

Re: Nitrous Confused...

Originally posted by MaxSpeedSE
How come everyone clams they love nitrous when they get it, but then everyone on the selling forums, sell it after a mouth or so....if its so great why would one try to sell it so fast?
Probably the desire for true boost.
Old 02-15-2003, 09:27 PM
'Trynna' is not a word

$45 dollars to fill up the bottle each time, gets expensive, especially when you use it all the time...
Old 02-15-2003, 11:40 PM
Banned

They are all selling their NOS kits.

Let me know if you see any used NX stuff.
Old 02-16-2003, 02:15 AM
Needs non-Maxima Friends

temporary fastness vs permanant fastness

full throttle only boost or boost at 3400rpm

bang for the buck nitrous is good, but your right... most peeps move on.
Old 02-16-2003, 06:45 AM
I couldn't fix your brakes, so I made your horn louder

Originally posted by nismo2020
temporary fastness vs permanant fastness

full throttle only boost or boost at 3400rpm

bang for the buck nitrous is good, but your right... most peeps move on.

yeah boost is on all the time and at the push of the pedal... but think bout how much more you have to invest in a sc/turbo kit...
Old 02-16-2003, 07:06 AM
Ramius83

I am definitely moving on. I love nitrous becaue it is only power when you want it, but it gets old having to worry about filling the bottles, not having enough pressure, constantly worrying I may get pulled over with the bottle in the car, it being illegal in GA, etc.

I am moving on to true boost, but that is EXPENSIVE. If you are looking for GREAT, CHEAP, and COOL boost, then go with nitrous. But, after having familiarized myself with nitrous over the past two years now, I am moving on. I have already proven that my car is fast with it, and without it, so I have nothing else to do with it. Although, I may be keeping it to spool up the "exhaust cricket"......

Old 02-16-2003, 07:51 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Keep the juice for when you boost
Old 02-16-2003, 12:47 PM

Not a whole lot of people have gotten NX stuff. A ton of people got NOS kits, especially when there was a huge sale on them. So there are a lot floating around, some of those kits being sold are on their 3rd owner now.

On other forums, I see an equal number of NX kits being sold used as NOS kits. On some forums, there are more NX kits being resold than NOS since NX is more popular with those particular people.

Originally posted by Jime
They are all selling their NOS kits.

Let me know if you see any used NX stuff.
Old 02-16-2003, 02:14 PM
Needs non-Maxima Friends

Originally posted by Ramius83
I am definitely moving on. I love nitrous becaue it is only power when you want it, but it gets old having to worry about filling the bottles, not having enough pressure, constantly worrying I may get pulled over with the bottle in the car, it being illegal in GA, etc.

I am moving on to true boost, but that is EXPENSIVE. If you are looking for GREAT, CHEAP, and COOL boost, then go with nitrous. But, after having familiarized myself with nitrous over the past two years now, I am moving on. I have already proven that my car is fast with it, and without it, so I have nothing else to do with it. Although, I may be keeping it to spool up the "exhaust cricket"......
perfect example....

hey erik do you think people are more scared of the juice or the boost?

Old 02-16-2003, 02:22 PM
Banned

Originally posted by Shadow
Not a whole lot of people have gotten NX stuff. A ton of people got NOS kits, especially when there was a huge sale on them. So there are a lot floating around, some of those kits being sold are on their 3rd owner now.

On other forums, I see an equal number of NX kits being sold used as NOS kits. On some forums, there are more NX kits being resold than NOS since NX is more popular with those particular people.

What forums are you seeing all the NX stuff for sale because I would like to buy a bit more?

Nitrous is the only way to have a 12-13 Sec car at the track and a 15 sec car for the wife on Monday to go shopping.
Old 02-16-2003, 03:54 PM

I see a lot of it on the RSX forums because all those guys run NX for the usual reasons. And on a couple of the Hyundai forums. It seems that NX is the hot ticket now.

I think that NOS enjoyed a boost in popularity due to the F&F movie, but now that has waned, and NX is supplying all the nitrous for the sequel, so I now they will be the one everyone goes with.

Personally, I think NX is better. Because they are more innovative and their stuff just plain works better.

What forums are you seeing all the NX stuff for sale because I would like to buy a bit more?

Nitrous is the only way to have a 12-13 Sec car at the track and a 15 sec car for the wife on Monday to go shopping.
Old 02-16-2003, 04:05 PM
Clay Aiken has fancy genitals

My NOS kit was awesome. Absolutley AWESOME. Ironically, the only piece of NX equipment that I owned, I had trouble with. It was my NX remote bottle opener because the motor on it was so weak.

As far as why I sold it.... $40/fillup gives you little incentive to use it.
Old 02-16-2003, 05:00 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

i hate this talk about NOS, NX, their all the f*cking same...

anyways...it does get a bit old, after juicing my former car, i wanted more juice and more.

Right now, i have it sitting in my garage (a 50shot Top Gun wet kit, which is a very expensive 600+ kit) debating what to do with it. The only reason its sitting there is because i totalled my last car in a ditch and the bottle completely smashed the braces that was holding it up. When my mom found out, she was terrified and was asking all these questions about the posibility of it blowing up (my sub box also ripped off its hinges and moved around). It was a 25FT drop so anything coulda happened. I kinda got scared as well, so I highly doubt its going in the max. All motor for me...

eric
Old 02-17-2003, 06:58 PM

Originally posted by 99Maxima5sp
i hate this talk about NOS, NX, their all the f*cking same...

anyways...it does get a bit old, after juicing my former car, i wanted more juice and more.

Right now, i have it sitting in my garage (a 50shot Top Gun wet kit, which is a very expensive 600+ kit) debating what to do with it. The only reason its sitting there is because i totalled my last car in a ditch and the bottle completely smashed the braces that was holding it up. When my mom found out, she was terrified and was asking all these questions about the posibility of it blowing up (my sub box also ripped off its hinges and moved around). It was a 25FT drop so anything coulda happened. I kinda got scared as well, so I highly doubt its going in the max. All motor for me...

Damn Eric, learn how to drive your cars.
25ft drop...LOL
Take it easy on that clutch too.

eric
Old 02-18-2003, 08:09 AM

It had nothing to do with me not knowing how to drive. It was a dark windy road (no street lamps or reflectors) that i hadnt been on at night and i misjudged a turn, it just so happens like 2 days AFTER my crash, they put up reflector bars on that blind turn

check it out

It doesnt look like a 25FT drop from this picture, but i came in from the right side and its higher on that side, much higher, plus the police report estimated the drop as 36ft

eric
Old 02-18-2003, 09:59 AM

retire nos

I would guess the reason most people get rid of their nos kits after a short time would be because it's use is illegal on the street, and thats where most people use it, when they first get it, and they decide not to use it anymore.
Price of refills may play a part. And finally they may not want to chance the possibility of engine damage.
It may well be that after watching movies with cars using nos, people go out right away and buy a kit, to try it out.
If you are NA, to begin with a 75 shot will be just a tease, i would want at least a 200 shot, to compete. lol
Old 02-18-2003, 10:02 AM
Moderator running more PSI than all the boosted Maximas... combined

People are so misinformed.....

All nitrous bottles are DOT approved. The design of the bottle have been tested and it's absolutely safe. You should be more scare of your gas tank blowing up than nitrous bottle blowing up. Nitrous is NOT flammable. Gasoline is. You can put a match up to nitrous and nothing will happen. Try that with gasoline.

i The only reason its sitting there is because i totalled my last car in a ditch and the bottle completely smashed the braces that was holding it up. When my mom found out, she was terrified and was asking all these questions about the posibility of it blowing up (my sub box also ripped off its hinges and moved around). It was a 25FT drop so anything coulda happened. I kinda got scared as well, so I highly doubt its going in the max. All motor for me...
eric
Old 02-18-2003, 10:12 AM

Originally posted by 1MAX2NV
People are so misinformed.....

All nitrous bottles are DOT approved. The design of the bottle have been tested and it's absolutely safe. You should be more scare of your gas tank blowing up than nitrous bottle blowing up. Nitrous is NOT flammable. Gasoline is. You can put a match up to nitrous and nothing will happen. Try that with gasoline.

how do you figure, if the bottle is punctured which CAN happen, then the nitrous can ignite, nitrous IS FLAMMABLE...theres no question about it, doesnt it contain oxygen? well thats flammable...it CAN blow up, so i dont think im "so misinformed"

eric
Old 02-18-2003, 10:37 AM
Banned

how do you figure, if the bottle is punctured which CAN happen, then the nitrous can ignite, nitrous IS FLAMMABLE...theres no question about it, doesnt it contain oxygen? well thats flammable...it CAN blow up, so i dont think im "so misinformed"

eric
Oxygen is NOT flammable.

It will cause an existing fire to burn quicker but it is not a fuel and is not flammable.
Old 02-18-2003, 03:25 PM

Oxygen is NOT flammable.

It will cause an existing fire to burn quicker but it is not a fuel and is not flammable.
yeah Jime is right... oxygen is not flammable, neither is Nos. All that happens is when it gets to a certain temp... the N2o molecule breakes down, releases oxygen used for combustion. If you add nos to an existing fire, it'll burn hotter and brighter, but by itself, it won't burn.
Old 02-18-2003, 03:40 PM
BJJ

If you would read the label on your nitrous bottle, it clearly states it as a non-flamable material.
Old 02-18-2003, 04:52 PM

Originally posted by seximagtr

yeah Jime is right... oxygen is not flammable, neither is Nos. All that happens is when it gets to a certain temp... the N2o molecule breakes down, releases oxygen used for combustion. If you add nos to an existing fire, it'll burn hotter and brighter, but by itself, it won't burn.
Could it explode from being in a car wreck? I hurd on the news that these things are like bombs when in car wrecks
Old 02-18-2003, 05:01 PM

Could it explode from being in a car wreck? I hurd on the news that these things are like bombs when in car wrecks
possibly.. if something catches fire.. the n20 will make it much worse, or if the pressurized bottle is punctured, it could get ugly.
Old 02-18-2003, 05:03 PM

If oxygen is flammable, then we would all be dead. I can understand you thinking that nitrous might be because of stupid movies, but OXYGEN???? Good God, what do you think we breathe every day?????????

WOW.........

It CAN explode because of the pressure, but it would not shoot flames Fast and the Furious style. The only way it would blow up is if it somehow cut through the trunk floor and ruptured the fuel tank and even then it would need to ignite.

NITROUS IS NOT FLAMMABLE
Old 02-18-2003, 05:08 PM

That is no where near a 25 foot drop. You can tell simply by looking at the size of the cars. Perhaps you ended up 25-36 feet off the road??

As far as your near death nitrous experience goes...I'm calling
Old 02-18-2003, 06:03 PM

Originally posted by asu174

That is no where near a 25 foot drop. You can tell simply by looking at the size of the cars. Perhaps you ended up 25-36 feet off the road??

As far as your near death nitrous experience goes...I'm calling
obviously your reading skills arent up to par, i said by THAT picture it DOESNT look like a 25ft drop, i came in from the RIGHT side which is much HIGHER, do we understand now?

Also, i never said i had a "near death nitrous experience" wise guy, i said simply that it coulda got ugly is all. Learn to read properly..

Also, yes...i guess i came off as saying osygen was flammable, obviously no, i meant it fuels a fire. Stupid me!

eric
Old 02-18-2003, 06:26 PM

obviously your reading skills arent up to par, i said by THAT picture it DOESNT look like a 25ft drop, i came in from the RIGHT side which is much HIGHER, do we understand now?

Also, i never said i had a "near death nitrous experience" wise guy, i said simply that it coulda got ugly is all. Learn to read properly..

Also, yes...i guess i came off as saying osygen was flammable, obviously no, i meant it fuels a fire. Stupid me!

eric
I can read. I can also see the picture. You do realize that a 25 foot drop would be a 3 story building, right?

Actually, you said that oxygen and nitrous "blow up". I think if any "reading" needs to be done here, it would involve you and a middle school chemistry book.
Old 02-18-2003, 08:12 PM
Moderator running more PSI than all the boosted Maximas... combined

Muhahahah....Oxygen is flammable. LOL I guess you are not misinformed. You are just dumb. You sure didn't learn anything from your high school chemistry class.

eric
Old 02-18-2003, 08:56 PM

Oh no, the gov't of Iraq is making Oxygen bombs
Old 02-19-2003, 03:37 AM

Also, I am not calling BS on your accident. That probably did happen. I am, however, calling BS on the fact that you have ever had nitrous in your car. Anyone who actually uses nitrous knows that it is not flammable. I think you've seen Fast and the Furious one too many times.......
Old 02-19-2003, 10:14 AM

Originally posted by asu174

Also, I am not calling BS on your accident. That probably did happen. I am, however, calling BS on the fact that you have ever had nitrous in your car. Anyone who actually uses nitrous knows that it is not flammable. I think you've seen Fast and the Furious one too many times.......
BS on me having it in my car?!? umm, ok, shall i go into my garage NOW and take a picture for your precious eyes? i mean cmon, why would i lie about having Nitrous, thats stupid, its not something you lie about

eric
Old 02-19-2003, 10:18 AM
Langley AFB Sux

BS on me having it in my car?!? umm, ok, shall i go into my garage NOW and take a picture for your precious eyes? i mean cmon, why would i lie about having Nitrous, thats stupid, its not something you lie about

eric
Boy did this thread get whored up with a bunch of useless banter or what........
Old 02-19-2003, 07:51 PM

Originally posted by Aaron95SE

Boy did this thread get whored up with a bunch of useless banter or what........

AMEN!!!!LET IT BE........That was a waste of 5 minutes of my life that i'll never get back. Oh, add another 2 minutes to that because of my nonexistent typing skills and the crowded server.
Old 02-19-2003, 07:51 PM

AMEN!!!!LET IT BE........That was a waste of 5 minutes of my life that i'll never get back. Oh, add another 2 minutes to that because of my nonexistent typing skills and the crowded server.
Old 02-19-2003, 10:07 PM

i have a zex kit... and i wish i was supercharged
Old 02-20-2003, 03:55 AM
Langley AFB Sux

Originally posted by 98maxsel
i have a zex kit... and i wish i was supercharged
For info............if your going to spend 4 grand...........get a turbo setup. More boost.........easier to work with.

Why do you think half the SC guys are selling theirs for turbo kits?
Old 02-20-2003, 02:42 PM

For info............if your going to spend 4 grand...........get a turbo setup. More boost.........easier to work with.

You don't necessarily make more boost with a turbo... the main advantage is that you hit full boost and keep it there through the powerband whereas a sc, you build up to it, power is linear, the turbo is not necessarily easier to work with... People like me get sc's for reliability.. You don't have things like boost creep.. I like my motor

And for 4 grand, i barely got my used sc done when it was all done and over with. A good turbo setup will probably cost you more than 4 grand with all the goodies.
Old 02-20-2003, 04:03 PM

Old 02-20-2003, 05:31 PM
i SeE what you did therE

i want a zex or a nitrous express setup...