General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

Dang Stupid Nokya H3s.....

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2003, 09:48 PM
Ramius83

Dang Stupid Nokya H3s.....

I purchased a set of Artic White Nokya H3 bulbs for my foglights back in October. Well, the damn things just blew out, not just one of them, but both, almost in a 3 day period. Just warning you all to stay away from them. The stock H3s that I had in there lasted over 1.5 years before deciding to kick the bucket.......

Old 03-07-2003, 07:52 AM

Yeah, everyone stay away from those stupid Nokya bulbs....even the 9004's. They will fry your wiring harness. Even if you've had them for months, they will catch up with you and burn your harness. My friend even had them with an upgraded harness. While the harness didnt melt, the bulb still did. They'll evenually self destruct they get so hot.
Quick question....hasnt someone metioned on here before that you can put a 9004 wiring harness from an old Volvo in our cars b/c their wiring harness are beefed up, and it would be like an upgraded harness?
Old 03-07-2003, 09:05 AM
'Trynna' is not a word

Re: Dang Stupid Nokya H3s.....

Ack, why ya gotta post this now Eric? I just got some Nokya H3's, they came with a 45 day warranty, I hope they don't burn out right after that...

Originally posted by Ramius83
I purchased a set of Artic White Nokya H3 bulbs for my foglights back in October. Well, the damn things just blew out, not just one of them, but both, almost in a 3 day period. Just warning you all to stay away from them. The stock H3s that I had in there lasted over 1.5 years before deciding to kick the bucket.......
Old 03-07-2003, 10:53 AM
Dev

i don't think aftermarket H3 bulbs are that great...seems they always blow out quickly.
i hade H3 eurolites which lasted about 2 months, and they both blew out at the same time too
i just put the stockers back in...they're doing fine for 3 years and counting...
Old 03-07-2003, 12:35 PM

one foglight bulb i can definatly vouch for are the philips allweather H3s. these things are incredible. i've had them for about 2 years and they're still going strong. let me just tell you, if you're looking for white, dont get these. the light is yellow and the lens itself looks slightly more yellow than a halogen bulb. what i'm really looking for are the lexus/infiniti yellow fogs but they use an actual yellow lens/reflector so it appears alot more yellow than the bulb could do on its own (i just love the HID/yellow fog look).
Old 03-07-2003, 12:57 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Originally posted by MaDMaX024
one foglight bulb i can definatly vouch for are the philips allweather H3s. these things are incredible. i've had them for about 2 years and they're still going strong. let me just tell you, if you're looking for white, dont get these. the light is yellow and the lens itself looks slightly more yellow than a halogen bulb. what i'm really looking for are the lexus/infiniti yellow fogs but they use an actual yellow lens/reflector so it appears alot more yellow than the bulb could do on its own (i just love the HID/yellow fog look).
Ditto on all counts. These appear to be as hardy as the OEM bulbs.
Old 03-07-2003, 07:35 PM
Pointy Elbows

Originally posted by MaDMaX024
How do the Philips Allweathers compare to the PIAA Ion Crystals in terms of yellowness? I've had my PIAAs for over 6 months and they're still working fine.
Anyone here have their PIAAs blow out yet?

J.
Old 03-07-2003, 11:02 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Well im not tryin to say ur lying or anything but ive had the Artic White Nokya H3 bulbs for a damn long time in my fogs. Its been nearly a yr now I have a 2k1 and its the 85 watt h3 bulbs. The wires are even stock. I dont do much driving at night and even if I do its never more then 15min, I have had them on as long as an hr be4 and havnt had no problem with the wires, the housing gettin too hot or anything. Not that im complaing, just stating a fact.