General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

Civics are not good for accidents,i know first hand......

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2007, 02:42 PM

Civics are not good for accidents,i know first hand......

Well guys I almost lost my life last night in the middle of a blizzard.I was driving home from a friends house and it was only raning at his place but when i got onto the highway i got caught in a blizzard.car blew a fuse and i lost my wipers and then the car died.I called my buddy and he came out to help me.Gets me going again and we headed to his girls how in town.So i end up pulling over to talk to him for a second but i pulled over next to a off ramp so he thought i was getting off the highway and all of a sudden i stopped(becuase i was pulling over).I didnt realize i was pulling over by the off ramp,it was a blizzard out.So he couldnt stop(driving a ford explorer) and nailed the back of the civic hatch.The car is demolished and if anyone would have been in the back they would be dead and im lucky iam still alive.Sorry i dont have pics.But put it this way theres no back left to the civic.Hes my best friend and he was only out to help me and this **** happens.Like wtf he didnt deserve that.So its only my winter car,only public liability on my car and i only paid 1300 for it.So i wasnt going through insurance,im fine,so no lawsuit will happen.Hes my best friend and done so much for me so as long as we are fine we can sort this out.He is paying me back but iam giving him all the time in the world to do so.Want to be safe? dont drive a civic.Anyways so im thinking of staying away from modding for a while,trading in my 96 and about 7 gran and getting a 03 3.5 se limited with 6 speed hlsd.If nissan dealer here can find one for the right price.I dont want to get stuck with payments but if i had to i might.Look at payments like modding a car.Id spend the money on car anyways and plus i would get a amazing warranty with the car.What do you guys think i should do.I was thinking of getting the catmobile.Seems like the best buy.I live in Newfoundland though.If I was buying a car from the states how would that work out??.
Old 12-04-2007, 09:53 AM
Banned

FIRST!

period.
\thread
Old 12-04-2007, 10:51 PM

Well, if you trade in your max and do get an 03, being in newfoundland it's probably going to be pretty expensive because I'm sure they are rare. So if you pay 12-13k, you'll only have about $190 a month payment minus the trade. I would do that, and buy another winter beater.... but this time, a $400 POS that you can have fun in, just my opinion
Old 12-05-2007, 05:42 AM
wants an I35

yea similar story cept i was watching.

at 1am some night in 1997 my dad and i were in a small town in CT - basically the only car on the road. then about a quarter mile ahead of us we see this jacked up ford bronco pull crazily out of a parking lot heading away from us. it was swerving all over the place, obviously a drunk driver. my dad pulls over, puts it in park and we watch.

as its driving away, we see these two little headlights come over a ridge coming the other direction. then the bronco looked like it purposly drove right into the oncoming car. anyway there was an explosion of glass and light as both cars jumped a bit on impact. my dad immediately drove over to the accident and got out. anyway the little headlights belonged to a brand new civic. the driver was shaken, but alright. i finally got a close look at the civic and the entire engine had been pushed through the firewall into the passenger seat. it looked like the console gave birth to this black square of metal and plastic. if anyone had been sitting in that seat they surely would have lost their legs, if not their life. the bronco driver was some drunken hillbilly fatass skank who denied being at fault seconds after she stumbled out of truck.

my dad insisted i drive nothing but volvos from that point on.
Old 12-07-2007, 03:10 PM

Originally Posted by ROCKART

my dad insisted i drive nothing but volvos from that point on.
Yeah theres a vid on youtube of the crash test of a volvo..they drive it off a huge cliff and it holds up its nuts lol....so i recently found the car its in the impound lot and now the cops own it,i have to go get my **** out of it but when i do ill get pics of it for all ya'll.