General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

GOOD XENON BULBs

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2000, 06:35 PM

What are some good XENON bulbs?
i heard the Ozark ones are bad....

If anybody has anything knowledge on this please let know.

Mike
Old 11-29-2000, 07:05 PM
Master Will

I have Eurolite XENON HIDS #9004 Headlights 80/100W no problems and have had them for about 3 months,#H3 Fog Lights 100W no probs either no harness or anything,#1157 Side Markers and rewired also,#194 clear corners. These are real nice they are Superwhite,Hyperwhite similated HID real bright white with the right tint of
blue. I like them a lot and get plenty of compliments for being nice and bright white looking and I got them fom ebay for a good price search for "Eurolite". They also have the blue dyed into the bulb so when you look into the headlights in the daytime the blue reflects against the chrome background in the headlights it looks
real good in all the bulbs.
Old 11-29-2000, 08:06 PM
The missing moderator

Originally posted by Mikeb120
What are some good XENON bulbs?
i heard the Ozark ones are bad....

If anybody has anything knowledge on this please let know.

Mike
The question is, do you want to see or do you want to be seen? If you want to see... try some philips bluevision... if you want to be seen, well try anything else... but don't be suprised when you run into something... cause frankly, any coating on the light bulb will reduce it's effectiveness.

-Shing
Old 11-29-2000, 08:44 PM

Ummmmm ... Not to burst your bubble ... but your OVERWATTAGE bulbs are DEFINITELY gonna cause you a LOT of trouble!!! Here's a Test ... take a LOOK at your HARNESS ... if there is a Bit of BROWN discoloring or MELTING ... U're already Screwed!!!!
Eurolte's LOOK pretty good ... but they are CHEAPLY made ... and will melt harnesses if U're going OVERWATTAGE ... I can GUARANTEE YOU!!!!!!!

Originally posted by metallic97gxe
I have Eurolite XENON HIDS #9004 Headlights 80/100W no problems and have had them for about 3 months,#H3 Fog Lights 100W no probs either no harness or anything,#1157 Side Markers and rewired also,#194 clear corners. These are real nice they are Superwhite,Hyperwhite similated HID real bright white with the right tint of
blue. I like them a lot and get plenty of compliments for being nice and bright white looking and I got them fom ebay for a good price search for "Eurolite". They also have the blue dyed into the bulb so when you look into the headlights in the daytime the blue reflects against the chrome background in the headlights it looks
Old 11-29-2000, 09:50 PM

I wanna seee and I want the blue tint as well.
So what bulbs gives alot of light..is good quality..and gives of the nice blue tint
like the 3.2tl and my cousins 750il.

the bulbs are the same the I30 and MAxima, right?
Thanks

Mike

Old 11-29-2000, 10:15 PM

So what bulbs gives alot of light..is good quality..and gives of the nice blue tint

Thanks

Mike

i have to agree with shingles......if you want an increase in visibility get the blue visions...if you want that h.i.d. look buy a real h.i.d. system because none of those crappy bulbs out there will give you what you're looking for believe me why spend $50-$60 when you can spend $20 at your local pep boy's. its basically a matter of your safety or the "coolness" factor. you decide.
Old 11-29-2000, 10:31 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

True ,heres HID'S on my Max

Old 11-29-2000, 11:24 PM
Master Will

Originally posted by Empz
Ummmmm ... Not to burst your bubble ... but your OVERWATTAGE bulbs are DEFINITELY gonna cause you a LOT of trouble!!! Here's a Test ... take a LOOK at your HARNESS ... if there is a Bit of BROWN discoloring or MELTING ... U're already Screwed!!!!
Eurolte's LOOK pretty good ... but they are CHEAPLY made ... and will melt harnesses if U're going OVERWATTAGE ... I can GUARANTEE YOU!!!!!!!

Originally posted by metallic97gxe

Man ya'll are killing me tripping on my lights I have the Eurolites and NO harnesss I repeat no harness and no problem at all. I like good clean bright white light with the right amount of blue tint,the fake ricey look with too much blue and sorry visabilty is ugly I don't have this at all. Everyones says harness this harness that I have had no prob at all with my lights,but then again we all have opinions anyway. I drove 4 hours to Atlanta with them on and get this they are still fine no burning up no melting,honest. I'm cool with them and I get plenty of compliments like man your lights are "white" or "bright clean white" or "they look good" not hazy looking".....out.....................
Old 11-30-2000, 05:22 AM

With the Maxima...you'll have to choose >>

Thanks

Mike
You're never going to achieve the look of the Acura and BMW. If you're willing to sacrifice your high beams, then there are the various HID kits availible for you to install. Spend the $600, glue or mount the D2R bulbs in and proceed to drive around...annoying all who dare to drive in the opposite direction than you.

If you want blue...you'll lose visibility...especially in the rain. If you want the best your headlight will offer, get either the Philips BlueVisions, Sylvania CoolBlues or if you've just inherited the family forture, the PIAA Superwhites. These three bulbs put out very white light...no blue.

If it's overwattage bulbs you want, get the upgraded harness kit. Some of us here have been lucky and have not melted their harness or headlamp housing, but I've seen what overwattage bulbs can do to connectors and housings...it's not pretty. So I say, better safe than sorry...get the harness kit.