Group Deals / Sponsors Forum Find out more information on group deals that are going on for Maxima parts from our Sponsors.

GD: 4th gen DUAL BEAM, PROJECTOR housing, angel/demon eye option headlights

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2004, 10:07 AM

as soon as pics ara available. i may be in...
they are gonna be a silver finish inside???
blake
Old 01-05-2004, 08:01 AM
Tha Snatcher

Originally Posted by driver824
as soon as pics ara available. i may be in...
they are gonna be a silver finish inside???
blake
i hope they'll be silver. it'll look good w/ my fake shiny stock grille.
Old 01-05-2004, 10:05 AM
Hella internets

is the price set @ 500 ?

Is it gona jump in price if they turn the design to a 1 peice head light?

And to get the Angel/Deamon eyes its 200 bucks more?

BTW....what do Deamon eyes look like? i have seen angel eyes but i have been hearing you guys talk about these, got any pics?
Old 01-05-2004, 11:24 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Originally Posted by XeroX
is the price set @ 500 ?

Is it gona jump in price if they turn the design to a 1 peice head light?

And to get the Angel/Deamon eyes its 200 bucks more?

BTW....what do Deamon eyes look like? i have seen angel eyes but i have been hearing you guys talk about these, got any pics?
I think they are the same thing just different names.

I am intrested but $500 is a bit steep. If they really look that good I might consider them at that price but there is no way I would commit that kind of money wthout seeing them first. If the price comes down I will definatly be more intrested.

I would prefer one piece if they where made and would give them more consideration. Could you have that little piece of metal tack welded in if you wanted to go back to stock?
Old 01-05-2004, 11:29 AM

Everyone's questions will be answered once a unit can be fabricated and I can post a pic. I am still looking for a corner marker light (the one beside the headlight) to send to them to research the possibility of a 1-piece design. I have managed to get a headlight. Can anyone help me out with a corner? I need a driver side piece since I have a driver side headlight.
Old 01-05-2004, 12:37 PM
Tha Snatcher

someone's got to have a corner. somebody step up!!! i want them to be ONE PIECE!!!!
Old 01-05-2004, 09:30 PM
Maxima.org Sponsor and Donating Maxima.org Member

Originally Posted by MaximaEvolution
The only reason why that picture of the beam pattern that is "like" an S2000's has such a big cut off is because it has eyelids. That cuts the beam pattern

This is incorrect.
Old 01-05-2004, 09:38 PM

Put me down for a set ( -especially with the Hella H9 low beam projectors) if the price is "reasonable".
Old 01-05-2004, 09:51 PM

I'll be seriously in when (or if) the price drops and I see some pics
Old 01-06-2004, 02:53 AM

i have a corner. passenger side. bracket that attaches to frame is broken and the lense is lightly cracked, crack is about 4 inches long...
Old 01-06-2004, 09:51 AM
Hella internets

Originally Posted by Eye Dirty
This is incorrect.
Do projectors normally produce that cut off? like on the Muranos?

Cause when peeps on here install the HID projectors on the stock housings they splash light everywhere....now i was told because the housings for the 4ths gens SUCK for HIDs .... But if we were to get these housings and projectors, would that prevent the splashing of light everywere or will it be the same but just look nicer when the lights r off....?
Old 01-06-2004, 10:39 AM

Originally Posted by XeroX
Do projectors normally produce that cut off? like on the Muranos?

Cause when peeps on here install the HID projectors on the stock housings they splash light everywhere....now i was told because the housings for the 4ths gens SUCK for HIDs .... But if we were to get these housings and projectors, would that prevent the splashing of light everywere or will it be the same but just look nicer when the lights r off....?
Yes, projectors direct the beam pattern so it is more focused and is actually aimed properly. The stock 4th gen HIDs are called 'reflector' housings - which scatters the beam pattern all over the place. A 'projector' housing will focus the beam pattern, thus making for a more intense light that will be focused and not blind oncoming traffic. Projectors have nothing to do with your headlight looking nicer when the lights are off (although it is a by-product of it).
Old 01-06-2004, 12:50 PM

y doesnt anyone start production of projectors using the one piece cefiro headlights.. this would cost a bit more but in the long run alot more people may drop money down.. just a suggestion...

blake
Old 01-06-2004, 01:35 PM

1. speedemn
2. BigJayx23
3. 1eyedcalibandit
4. meccanoble
5. max95cdn
6. unique26
7. willis
8. JeffesonM
9. Lonely Driver
10. nissanfreak
11. Neef
12. vipervadim
13. Max96LSU
14. topdog1207
15. solo*max
16. XenonHID_VQ
17. osclude
18. JosephMaxima96
19. brianw
20. Maxstilln
21. BiggDS
22. EZEMaxima
23. Larcenist
24. DpG $h0rTeE
25. samiam
26. brianw
27. 96 N/A Max
28. Ramius83
29. Mmmaxx
30. drues95se
31. Stringztoo
32. Rowan - tentative
33. ilsim1703
34. jamaxin97
35. NYBlakMaxx
36. dangermouse73
37. Grimzar
38. DCM Maxima
39. SaNdMaN
40. Eye Dirty
41. Anachronism
42. driver824
43. darrick
Old 01-06-2004, 01:37 PM

y doesnt anyone start production of projectors using the one piece cefiro headlights.. this would cost a bit more but in the long run alot more people may drop money down.. just a suggestion...

blake
I suggested that to Matt at Umnitza. His exact words were "Those things are hideous. I would never sell something that ugly."

I do not have an opinion on them either way so I just let him voice his opinion.
Old 01-06-2004, 03:27 PM

the cefiro ones.. they look fine. but the price would go upb/c they are an import item. they go for no less the 300 a set. but hey if he can fit a dual projector in the single piece and angel eyes.. i wont stop him. the price tho is a bit high. that muh i can protest about.

blake
Old 01-06-2004, 04:04 PM

blake
But the cefiros are not a perfect fit, if they where I would already have them. If something is going to be made for our car it should be made to fit correctly.
Old 01-06-2004, 04:08 PM

blake
The shape of the Cefiro lights fits flush on an I30, not a North American Maxima. The majority will be installed on a Maxima, therefore if they decide on a one piece the logical choice would be basing the mold on the Maxima's headlight and clearance (corner) light.

On a side note I hope these will be one piece. Since the inner fender vertical bar removal is required for a one-piece lamp it will free up space for the headlamp assembly to utilize 2 light units (I'm assuming he's using the modular hi and low beams from Hella- which takes up a lot of space) thus giving this project a better chance in becoming a reality. If this project only replaces the headlamp itself ("2 piece") then some small generic POS driving light can be used for the high beam. IMO the most important thing is having a good, quality projector lowbeam. (YES I SOUND LIKE I DESPERATELY WANT THESE TO BECOME A REALITY).

I hope he molds in a bracket at the 'corner' end of the headlight so the light can be bolted by using the leading edge fender bolt , and a means to fasten the grill on the headlamps (which for some of you may not know the Cefiro headlights lacks so you have to custom rig a means to install your grill and secure the entire lamp).
Old 01-06-2004, 05:29 PM
I'll kill you. I mean it

Originally Posted by speedemn
Everyone's questions will be answered once a unit can be fabricated and I can post a pic. I am still looking for a corner marker light (the one beside the headlight) to send to them to research the possibility of a 1-piece design. I have managed to get a headlight. Can anyone help me out with a corner? I need a driver side piece since I have a driver side headlight.
Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
That's because nobody has taken the initiative, until now.

Good question... wtf happened with it? I've e-mailed them repeatedly over the last year and I have not even been dignified with one response in return... not a single response to at least 4 e-mails to Custom Maxima regarding projector headlight housings.

Now back to reality... anyone have corner/marker lamps (next to driver side headlight) that they can ship to Umnitza? Surely someone must have a spare or cracked one laying around! I am already sending a driver side headlight.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Before I commit to sending you my drivers side corner lamp. Am I going to get it back from Umnitza in the same condition that I sent it to them in? If you can promise me this. Then I will ship it this week. Btw. The condition is fine. No damage or cracks."

I posted the above response in the 4th gen forum (wrong forum/thread I know). But if you haven't found someone with a corner that can ship it this week I can, if you can promise me that I am going to receive the corner back in the same condition as I sent it to them in.
Old 01-06-2004, 05:57 PM

The shape of the Cefiro lights fits flush on an I30, not a North American Maxima. The majority will be installed on a Maxima, therefore if they decide on a one piece the logical choice would be basing the mold on the Maxima's headlight and clearance (corner) light.

On a side note I hope these will be one piece. Since the inner fender vertical bar removal is required for a one-piece lamp it will free up space for the headlamp assembly to utilize 2 light units (I'm assuming he's using the modular hi and low beams from Hella- which takes up a lot of space) thus giving this project a better chance in becoming a reality. If this project only replaces the headlamp itself ("2 piece") then some small generic POS driving light can be used for the high beam. IMO the most important thing is having a good, quality projector lowbeam. (YES I SOUND LIKE I DESPERATELY WANT THESE TO BECOME A REALITY).

I hope he molds in a bracket at the 'corner' end of the headlight so the light can be bolted by using the leading edge fender bolt , and a means to fasten the grill on the headlamps (which for some of you may not know the Cefiro headlights lacks so you have to custom rig a means to install your grill and secure the entire lamp).
well i guess thats good enough of an explanation.. im still down and ur right it does seem better the way u put it.. but pics would be a nice thing to back that explanation...

blake
Old 01-06-2004, 07:16 PM
Dallas Nissan Enthusiast

i would love to have these
Old 01-06-2004, 07:17 PM

Just an update for all... I already have an offer and have made arrangements with one of the org members for the corner/marker lamp next to the headlight to be sent to Umnitza and I will be sending my headlight.

One correction - I am sending a passenger side headlight, NOT driver side as I had initially thought... but that is of no consequence... just thought I'd let everyone know though instead of editing the half-dozen posts I made, asking for a driver side
Old 01-07-2004, 07:51 AM

A good lowbeam is definatly the most important part. The highbeam is mostly for signalling and leagal reasons. If you could rewire the lights so low beams would stay on with the high beams the high beams would be even less important.

Edit - fixed coding
Old 01-07-2004, 02:12 PM

hey sorry to be such a newbie but who or where can i get all the info on these ceferio and the hid projectors so i can make a better decision. right now i think i like idea of a one piece with the angel eyes two projectors only one of the projectors with angel eyes. im not positive but if there projectors are they hid if not they need to be hid as well .

anyway sorry im just not to well informed on the headlight matter yet but any info will be appreciated
Old 01-07-2004, 03:11 PM

Originally Posted by bashboy2000
hey sorry to be such a newbie but who or where can i get all the info on these ceferio and the hid projectors so i can make a better decision. right now i think i like idea of a one piece with the angel eyes two projectors only one of the projectors with angel eyes. im not positive but if there projectors are they hid if not they need to be hid as well .

anyway sorry im just not to well informed on the headlight matter yet but any info will be appreciated
The Cefiro lights are not projectors and are not a perfect fit. You have to cut the pice of metal that divides the stock corner and headlight and there will be some gaps in places. There is also no bracket to hold the stock grill on.
You have to wait for a group deal on them, there is a group deal on the front page of this forum now.
here is an old GD with links to a few pics in the first post http://forums.maxima.org/showthread.php?t=244623

Projectors do not have to be HIDs but HIDs can be added.
Old 01-07-2004, 10:41 PM
no more maxima...

Anish, I cannot wait for pics. I do not have the $ right now, but I have a feeling these pics will somehow cause me to put other things on hold.
Old 01-08-2004, 06:26 AM

Originally Posted by bashboy2000

This GD is NOT for Ceferios. As Anachronism said above, Ceferios are not projectors.

This GD is for dual beam projector housing with optional angel eye rings. Read the first post of this whole thread.
Old 01-08-2004, 08:40 AM

This GD is NOT for Ceferios. As Anachronism said above, Ceferios are not projectors.

This GD is for dual beam projector housing with optional angel eye rings. Read the first post of this whole thread.
If this project isn't started soon then indigomax will start taking people and $$ away. He has produced the bi-xenon lights and is ready to ship them for about $350 without HID's and these are ready now.

The angel eyes are simple and cheap to make yourself, (Home-made angel-eys).

Not to be an **** but some people can only wait so long... Don't forget, this post was started in October. How long can we wait for pictures...Much less wait for product?!
Old 01-08-2004, 09:53 AM

Originally Posted by Stringztoo
If this project isn't started soon then indigomax will start taking people and $$ away. He has produced the bi-xenon lights and is ready to ship them for about $350 without HID's and these are ready now.

Not to be an **** but some people can only wait so long... Don't forget, this post was started in October. How long can we wait for pictures...Much less wait for product?!
Good things are worth waiting for... didn't your mom ever tell you that good things come to those who wait?

If you are sick of waiting, nobody's stopping you from buying elsewhere... at least that way there aren't dozens of other Maximas on the roads with the same headlights as me.

But in all seriousness I understand your point - but tell me how many people can drop the money today if Umnitza came back right now, with pics and everything? Think about that... and I will relay your message to Matt at Umnitza.

Anish
Old 01-08-2004, 10:17 AM

UPDATE

Matt will shortly be receiving a sample headlight/cornerlight and I just received word from Matt at Umnitza. Just thought that I'd relay the message back to you guys:

THANKS!!! We can get this done.
here's how our other project turned out.
http://www.bimmerforums.com/forum/sh...72#post1741572
Old 01-08-2004, 10:47 AM
Tha Snatcher

UPDATE

Matt will shortly be receiving a sample headlight/cornerlight and I just received word from Matt at Umnitza. Just thought that I'd relay the message back to you guys:

THANKS!!! We can get this done.
here's how our other project turned out.
http://www.bimmerforums.com/forum/sh...72#post1741572

i'm sooo amped up over this!!!
Old 01-08-2004, 11:37 AM

Woohoo. Let us know how the prototype turns out with the H9's, preferably sometime sooner rather than later... And yes, my deposit will be ready.
Old 01-09-2004, 09:07 AM
Tha Snatcher

The only thing i'm afraid of, is having to buy new bulbs b/c i have 9004 HID bulbs.
Old 01-09-2004, 10:12 AM
Sports Button FTW

Originally Posted by XenonHID_VQ
The only thing i'm afraid of, is having to buy new bulbs b/c i have 9004 HID bulbs.
yes i would love to keep mine as well but for some good housings and ish i wouldnt mind changing my HIDS.
Old 01-09-2004, 01:52 PM
Tha Snatcher

I have yet to find my temperature bulbs anywhere. i've only found 4300k. i like my 4100s and would like to keep'em. Anybody know of anywhere i can buy HIDs? besides www.misterjung.com?
Old 01-10-2004, 09:54 AM

I have yet to find my temperature bulbs anywhere. i've only found 4300k. i like my 4100s and would like to keep'em. Anybody know of anywhere i can buy HIDs? besides www.misterjung.com?
Yeah, www.proxenon.com
Old 01-10-2004, 07:41 PM
Tha Snatcher

Originally Posted by Stringztoo
Thanks for that link, but they sell BOHMEN bulbs...ehhh. Anywhere that sells Phillips or Hella?
Old 01-10-2004, 07:44 PM
Tha Snatcher

Thanks for that link, but they sell BOHMEN bulbs...ehhh. Anywhere that sells Phillips or Hella?

nevermind, i found one.

http://store.yahoo.net/hidfactory/
Old 01-11-2004, 05:36 PM

I posted a poll in the 4th gen forum to see if more people would prefer one piece or two piece. So far the One piece is winning by a good margin.

Feel free to vote --
http://forums.maxima.org/showthread.php?t=275655
Old 01-11-2004, 08:39 PM

Originally Posted by Anachronism
I posted a poll in the 4th gen forum to see if more people would prefer one piece or two piece. So far the One piece is winning by a good margin.

Feel free to vote --
http://forums.maxima.org/showthread.php?t=275655

I would prefer that this mold gets made so we can start placing orders, and that we won't get passed over from Umnitza or get scammed by indigo. It's not I don't trust indigo, but he doesn't reply to PM's, he doesn't show actual pics of the unit he is selling (only pics of a unit installed on his car), and the price has gone from approx $450 to an astonishing $565!

Quick Reply: GD: 4th gen DUAL BEAM, PROJECTOR housing, angel/demon eye option headlights