Supercharged/Turbocharged The increase in air/fuel pressure above atmospheric pressure in the intake system caused by the action of a supercharger or turbocharger attached to an engine.

Is it possible to make the V1 blower louder?

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2003, 02:32 PM
ejj
Donating Maxima.org Member

Originally posted by Craig Mack

You sure are.
Old 09-02-2003, 02:39 AM
Jer

You're comparing apples and oranges between the two different blowers - a roots type will produce its noise through an open intake (ie. cone), the centrifugals produce their noises from their bearings/fins/whatever... on an eaton you will hear more sound as more air is compressed in your intake manifold, on any centrifugal you won't hear jack because the air is being compressed after the intake into your throttle body/etc.

Technically, there's no way to make these blowers make more noise, but rather the opposite.

Anyways I'm sleepy, I hope I managed to explain somewhat vaguely lol..
Old 09-02-2003, 12:25 PM
All YOUR grammer belong to me

Originally Posted by Jer
You're comparing apples and oranges between the two different blowers - a roots type will produce its noise through an open intake (ie. cone), the centrifugals produce their noises from their bearings/fins/whatever... on an eaton you will hear more sound as more air is compressed in your intake manifold, on any centrifugal you won't hear jack because the air is being compressed after the intake into your throttle body/etc.

Technically, there's no way to make these blowers make more noise, but rather the opposite.

Anyways I'm sleepy, I hope I managed to explain somewhat vaguely lol..
Yeah, thanks for the technical reply. Sucks we will never know the joy of a robot like shreaking wail.
Old 09-02-2003, 04:14 PM
SXN
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Originally Posted by Craig Mack
Not really. I am savoring every minute of my senior year. It's all about having fun this year, before the good times in college.
I hear ya on that man...same situation here
Old 09-02-2003, 04:58 PM

Originally Posted by SXN
I hear ya on that man...same situation here
It's all about f'ing around, being rowdy with your friends in the halls and classrooms, jokin' around, and scaring the underclassmen senseless. I got a little bro who's a freshman so i'm nice to him and his friends....everyone else...
Old 09-03-2003, 04:11 AM
Jer

Tell me about it.. I miss my GTP for that But then again my wipers don't get stuck, my cruise control doesn't fail, my seats are still on their rails, my piston rods haven't cracked, my trannies haven't blown (not as much), my lifters don't rattle, my alternator doesn't make sounds, my steering pump isn't failing, my wheel bearings don't make noise, my headlight lenses haven't popped out, my car doesn't exhibit TCC shudder, and all of this with double the mileage on the Max when compared to the total mileage of BOTH GTP's I owned...

Originally Posted by Craig Mack
Yeah, thanks for the technical reply. Sucks we will never know the joy of a robot like shreaking wail.
Old 09-03-2003, 12:50 PM

Originally Posted by Jer
Tell me about it.. I miss my GTP for that But then again my wipers don't get stuck, my cruise control doesn't fail, my seats are still on their rails, my piston rods haven't cracked, my trannies haven't blown (not as much), my lifters don't rattle, my alternator doesn't make sounds, my steering pump isn't failing, my wheel bearings don't make noise, my headlight lenses haven't popped out, my car doesn't exhibit TCC shudder, and all of this with double the mileage on the Max when compared to the total mileage of BOTH GTP's I owned...
Yea. Pontiac has one of the worst build quality in car manufactorers. But take other cars with roots blowers like the Lightning. Sweet interior and is build very well. Same with the '03+ Cobra. (minus plasticy dash).

I still love the sound my blower makes at idle and low rpms. At stoplights it echos off all the surrounding cars and its loud, especially with the A/C on.

The best supercharger would be a Vortech w/CVT pulley, the whine at idle, and that roots type shreaking howl at full throttle.