Supercharged/Turbocharged The increase in air/fuel pressure above atmospheric pressure in the intake system caused by the action of a supercharger or turbocharger attached to an engine.

S/C need some advice.

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2006, 02:53 PM

S/C need some advice.

I am going to be supercharged soon. Main purpose is because I always wanted a F/I car. Not power hungry on this either. I have 122k on my engine great compression still. Looking for low boost, the setup I am buying is 8psi. I might even just use stock pully for 5 psi. Looking to be safe as possible.

-V2 blower on V1 plate
-Planning on buying mattys plate
-Need top of the line belts
-Colder plugs?
-Walbro fuel pump?
-Stock injectors (All new from nissan)

Question becomes what walbro fuel pump should I get?
Colder plugs or stock plugs?
What PSI?
As for a tune for air/fuel what would be my safest, smartest, easy solution to not running out of spec?

Sorry for the questions. I don't read up much on F/I. Again keep in mind not looking to make the most power, keeping it simple, making it look nice, power when I need enough of it and running safe.
Old 10-02-2006, 03:07 PM
Administrator

If you're not power hungry (yeah right, give it time) you can run 8psi all day long and have nothing to worry about. No need to upgrade fuel pump either, assuming you're buying a used complete kit and are getting Stillen's "T-rex" aux pump. Colder plugs are optional. You'll get mixed opinions on this one. IMO, For 6-8psi, I'd just use the stock plugs. Whether it's 6psi or 8psi, you're are well within the "safe" range as you call it and don't need any tuning or any additional parts. Don't worry about your A/F at this point either, you're well within the "safe" limits. With all that said, go for the 8psi.

Originally Posted by SMX95
Sorry for the questions. I don't read up much on F/I.
No problem with the questions, but you should read up and search, the amount of info on this site is amazing!

I am going to be supercharged soon. Main purpose is because I always wanted a F/I car. Not power hungry on this either. I have 122k on my engine great compression still. Looking for low boost, the setup I am buying is 8psi. I might even just use stock pully for 5 psi. Looking to be safe as possible.

-V2 blower on V1 plate
-Planning on buying mattys plate
-Need top of the line belts
-Colder plugs?
-Walbro fuel pump?
-Stock injectors (All new from nissan)

Question becomes what walbro fuel pump should I get?
Colder plugs or stock plugs?
What PSI?
As for a tune for air/fuel what would be my safest, smartest, easy solution to not running out of spec?

Sorry for the questions. I don't read up much on F/I. Again keep in mind not looking to make the most power, keeping it simple, making it look nice, power when I need enough of it and running safe.
Old 10-02-2006, 03:12 PM

Thanks for the awesome reply! And thank you for not bashing me either. I will take up your advice!

I am buying EWUZH supercharger kit. Excellent guy!

It will include everything to run 8psi:

rebuilt v2 blower w/ v1 plate
3.48" pulley and gatorback belts
Vortech FMU and fuel pump
k&n pancake filter
stillen charge pipes
blitz ss bov
all nuts and bolts
Everything I have from stillen kit: coolant relocation, fuse box relocation etc..
Old 10-02-2006, 03:50 PM
Administrator

Ahhh yes, EWUZH.. Good guy for sure. You should be good to go! Have you received it yet? Have you read Ptatohed's writeup on VQPOWER.com yet on installing it?
Old 10-02-2006, 05:09 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Thanks for the awesome reply! And thank you for not bashing me either. I will take up your advice!

I am buying EWUZH supercharger kit. Excellent guy!

It will include everything to run 8psi:

rebuilt v2 blower w/ v1 plate
3.48" pulley and gatorback belts
Vortech FMU and fuel pump
k&n pancake filter
stillen charge pipes
blitz ss bov
all nuts and bolts
Everything I have from stillen kit: coolant relocation, fuse box relocation etc..
Ahh so your the one who beat me to it. I was ready to buy it when you put your money down. Congrats I have a feeling you will be real happy with it.
Old 10-02-2006, 05:42 PM

No I haven't gotten the kit yet. Oct7th is my next payment to him and it will be a very big payment. I will, Im not in a rush to install it. Its getting very close to winter so for the time being I will just read stuff and see if i can get anything better. And thanks for the kind words. You and VIP maxima have been very nice to me about this, others unfortunatly haven't.