3rd Generation Maxima (1989-1994) Learn more about the 3rd Generation Maxima here.

I got a VE5spd! I got a VE5spd!

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2005, 11:24 PM

besides the rats nest the car looks great man!
Old 03-16-2005, 02:19 AM
OG Maxima.org Member

Originally Posted by DMad8724
David... you KNOW we were gonna talk about your "bowl of spaghetti" in the engine bay...

All in all, though, great find!!
Old 03-16-2005, 06:01 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Looking good so far, I like the way your corners turn on low with the parking lights, and high with the low beams. I may have to do that sometime

Have you cut your grille yet?
Old 03-16-2005, 06:58 AM
mod or sell?

Originally Posted by KLoWnPR109
I dont think anyone is gonna be too jealous of a dirty dirty engine bay
still cleaner than mine
Old 03-16-2005, 10:25 AM

Originally Posted by Brad92SE
Looking good so far, I like the way your corners turn on low with the parking lights, and high with the low beams. I may have to do that sometime

Have you cut your grille yet?
That's the part I like the most about the new harness, except it goes back low when the brights are on, but I don't use them that much so I don't really care..

I havn't cut my grille, and I'm hoping I don't have to..the way they are now with the grille in it still sits about half an inch away from the grille, hence why I said the whole thing needs to move to the left a little, and I'm hoping I won't have to cut it, I just need to get it angled more to sit right..
Old 03-16-2005, 10:54 AM
Donating Maxima.org Member

After who knows how long I've been looking, and several deals that had fallen through (Brian! ) today I finally have a beautiful 93 VE5spd sitting in the drive..It's dark now and I've been busy all night with work and other stuff, but pics will be up tomorrow ASAP!

Got up at 7:30 this morning and my mom and I took her minivan (Olds Silhouette) to Freeport, IL, where I met a fellow .org member (The Sleeper) at the Wendy's, I looked it over (although I already knew I was gonna buy it when he pulled up) and rode around with him then we went to Menards where he had to buy a screwdriver to remove the plates and then I drove it home, and it was the most non-boring 3 hours ever, I usually hate road trips, especially alone, but I was just fine..

126K, new clutch, new tranny, Warpspeed Y-Pipe, CAI, ebay fstb, 35% tint on the side windows, body colored mirrors and a nice Blaupunkt MP3 player are the only mods I've come across so far, and it seems to have been very well maintained, I've yet to hear the VTCs tick!
It's the dark blue color, I think it's "midnight blue pearl" if I read paintscratch.com right, and it's a very pretty color, and looks nice with the tinted windows, all the people I've shown my new car to have complemented the color. Black cloth interior, airbag, non-power seats, and it's all about it mint condition, one burn hole in the headliner above the backseats and some minor scars in the driver's side a-pillar, but very minor. Sunroof works great, windows are very fast to move up and down, even the back ones, which were extremely slow on my GXE..overall I think I might a very good purchase and was lucky to find such an awesome car with an awesome owner at an awesome price (in total I paid $2300).

It has some issues:
-First, it has an 'exhaust leak.' Gavin, the guy who I bought it from thinks it's the gasket on the rear manifold, and actually included with the car a new gasket, but I'm not sure if it's this or the exhaust manifold studs or what, the car is very loud and it sounds like when you put a baseball card in your bike spokes, very loud clacking, it also varies according to RPM/acceleration..
-It has some door lock problems, the passenger side door lock doesn't go up and down with the master switch, you can lock/unlock it manually, and from the door (even though the lock on both doors is very stubborn, have to wiggle/fight with it a lot), but I locked the master switch and shut the door and came back; my friend opened the passenger door (it was still unlocked) and the alarm went off, so it still thinks that it's getting locked or something, not sure..
-It doesn't have any fog lights! Not a big deal but I'm gonna get some soon!
-The 2 rear doors are hard to open, might just need some WD40
-The trunk doesn't pop like my GXE one did, I have to push the button in the door a couple of times, then open it up by grabbing the bottom of the center-sail piece on the trunk lid, not a big deal but I think there might just be an alignment problem with the lock/hinge setup
-The car was broken into and his previous sound system setup (headunit) was stolen and now the radio trim piece isn't quite flush, the cd player sticks out way too much, and if you turn the hazards on it's hard to get the switch to come back off (rubs against the radio trim)
-Has very little rust, and most of it is surface, I've been talking to Brian (1992maxman) and I'm gonna look into sanding it/applying naval(?) jelly/painting it with rustoleum to try and get rid of it..

As far as that, I find the problem's very small and am gonna go work on it tomorrow when I get up, considering it's going to be warmer tomorrow (hopefully). As far as upcoming mods/projects I've got some things lined up..

>e36 projectors..w/ completely custom/rewired corner light harness
>Heads-Up Display..have it all wired up but still have to purchase the Main Control Unit and the harness that comes along with that, but should be in fairly soon
>240sx Steering Wheel..Similar to RedMax92SE's steering wheel, but it just has 'NISSAN' engraved in the middle
>LED (front) turn signals..to go along with the all custom lighting up front

I'm gonna be having my own little "project of the week" threads, to show my mods, sorry Matt, not trying to bite your style or anything, I hope you all find them interesting, I'll get pics tomorrow before I do any work to it!

edit: just a temporary pic to hold you all over, I think Craig is right, it's the same color as crazy4maxima's VE, a very pretty color, I might start on the projectors today!

..dmad
what color is that blue on your max. know that is a nice blue.
Old 03-16-2005, 11:29 AM

nice car/ good buy
Old 03-16-2005, 01:29 PM

That's the part I like the most about the new harness, except it goes back low when the brights are on, but I don't use them that much so I don't really care..

I havn't cut my grille, and I'm hoping I don't have to..the way they are now with the grille in it still sits about half an inch away from the grille, hence why I said the whole thing needs to move to the left a little, and I'm hoping I won't have to cut it, I just need to get it angled more to sit right..
Good luck getting it to fit. You will probably have to cut more off of the fender side where the light sits, because I had to remove around 1/4" of material off of the sides of my grille.
Old 03-16-2005, 03:38 PM

Originally Posted by Brad92SE
Good luck getting it to fit. You will probably have to cut more off of the fender side where the light sits, because I had to remove around 1/4" of material off of the sides of my grille.
ehh, I'm gonna try to do everything I can so I don't have to mess with the grille, I realize it's very subtle and you can barely notice on your car, but yours is black and I'm just **** like that so yeauh

Tomorrow I'm gonna work on getting this headlight to sit more flush, installing the LED turn signal, and taping up the harness and getting everything aimed properly and then I'll put up some new pics..

PS how does the sig look?
Old 03-17-2005, 02:02 PM

I think I got one in the way I want it!

It's a lot more flush-looking than the last pics I posted, but it still needs to be skewed just a little more I think, but I'm happy with the way it looks and maybe sometime when I'm putting in the other one I'll see if there's anything else I can do to make it look better..my camera's almost dead so I'm gonna run out and get a picture and see how many I can get before it dies..

I still need to get the corner light to sit a little better, I realize it sticks out like it does from the factory, but I'm gonna see if I can't get that to be more subtle, also I didn't cut my grille (take that brad ) and I still need to mess with it a little, but I'm happy with it (at least for tonight). Let me know what you guys think..
Old 03-17-2005, 02:38 PM

looks pretty good so far from those pics

I think that's about as close as you can get it with the BMW covers still on.

I love that color
Old 03-17-2005, 06:51 PM

thats funny, i always wanted a black or grey one... never figured my car's color was that rare.
Old 03-17-2005, 07:00 PM

i bought my max for $1000 with 125k auto loaded, sunroof and ****, and already a system, nothing wrong runs very strong! ohh by the way nice car man
Old 03-17-2005, 07:00 PM
mod or sell?

I like my grey, or did up until today
Old 03-17-2005, 07:24 PM
Back in a 3rd Gen.

you been working on one light for 3 days. You are slower than I am

Brian what happened to your car today?
Old 03-17-2005, 07:27 PM

nice color, same color as my GXE
Old 03-17-2005, 08:44 PM

Hey DMad8724 remeber me its Tman6429. I had the 1993 Maxima SE sale a while back. I happy that you found great car. Well Heres what happend with mine. I finally got rid of the car for $500 i know i should have sold it to you when i had the chance. It sat in my driveway for 6 months. Glad to see you doing good. BTW you max is looking nice. Good luck and stay safe.
Old 03-18-2005, 05:59 AM
mod or sell?

Originally Posted by awsm66
Brian what happened to your car today?
got it's 3rd ticket in as many thursdays