5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

5th Gen "I AM NEW HERE BUT HAVE A QUESTION" thread

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2007, 05:27 PM

has anyone tried pressure washin their floor mats??? factory.....
Old 12-04-2007, 05:32 PM

Whats is the Door speaker Size On the 2000 Se...Got a big sell at best buy and i want to buy some speakers ...oh and the Tweeters size Too
Old 12-04-2007, 05:37 PM

Question, I know its stupid but I have been hearing this rattling noise coming from the front end of my car when I go over a speed bump. anyone know what it can be? Could it be a TSB?
Old 12-04-2007, 05:55 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Originally Posted by chopstix2nrz
holy crap im surprised no one posted you an answer on this, this isnt safe at all!

IIRC your car should come with ABS standard, dunno whats up with your car though. Reason why i say it should have ABS standard because when i look up parts for our cars at work esp cv axles and other driveline/brake components i do not get an option for non abs equipped vehicles
I agree with you that the 2001 SE Maxima should come with ABS standard. I have a car dealer appointment to see what happened for the ABS system. By the way, would you mind taking a look under the hood on the drivers side right in front of the battery? There should be a relay box. On top of the cover should indicate what are the relay uses? For exmaple, ABS motor, ABS actuator, radiator fan, etc. Can you open the relay box and see if the positions are filled with these relays?

I appreciate your help!
Old 12-04-2007, 06:00 PM

Originally Posted by Nismo1
I agree with you that the 2001 SE Maxima should come with ABS standard. I have a car dealer appointment to see what happened for the ABS system. By the way, would you mind taking a look under the hood on the drivers side right in front of the battery? There should be a relay box. On top of the cover should indicate what are the relay uses? For exmaple, ABS motor, ABS actuator, radiator fan, etc. Can you open the relay box and see if the positions are filled with these relays?

I appreciate your help!
Mine has both an abs solonoid and abs motor fuse. both are 40A and are there. Good luck and let us know what you find.
Old 12-04-2007, 06:09 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Nissan Maxima SE ABS

Originally Posted by 00SEMAX19
I've also been thinking about this.

First thing I would do is check your computer to see if there are any stored codes. Did you buy your car from a private party or a dealer? The abs light should come on when you turn the key to ignition on. Maby somebody disfunctioned the abs and removed the bulb from the instrament cluster. Not a good idea but I've done this on a lexus before and all it did was make the brakes function like a car that never came with abs. Good luck and let us know what you find.
I bought the used car from a dealer. I have not checked the computer yet, but I do not have the check engine or any lights on. My ABS light has never come on, no matter how I turn the ignition. I do not know if the bulb has been removed. Do you know if it could be disabled?
There are no self test ABS diagnostic after start up. I am familiar with the ABS self test sound since I do have different Nissan vehicles in our family.

What's the other possibility that the ABS light never comes on?

I appreciate your input.
Old 12-04-2007, 06:27 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

2001 se Maxima

Mine has both an abs solonoid and abs motor fuse. both are 40A and are there. Good luck and let us know what you find.
Are you talking about fuse box left side of battery?
Yes, I do have ABS solonoid and ABS motor fuse in the fuse box on the left side of the battery. I am talking about the one black relay box front side of Battery. It should be said ABS actuator, ABS motor, radiator fan and so on.

I appreciate your input.
Old 12-04-2007, 06:28 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

2001 se Maxima

Yes, I do have ABS solonoid and ABS motor fuse in the fuse box on the left side of the battery. I am talking about the one black relay box front side of Battery. It should be said ABS actuator, ABS motor, radiator fan and so on.

I appreciate your input.
Old 12-04-2007, 07:46 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Originally Posted by NmexMAX
Do the MAF and take it from there. If it is still acting up, do the ECM update.

Try sanding them first, if that doesn't work, look for some cheap used housings (www.car-part.com, on here, eBay, www.pinnaclenissan.com, Dave Burnette, etc) . You have an 02 so you can still retain the HID's, meaning all you need is the housing.
Yeah basically I just want to see how it looks with the oem headlight capsules, want to compare, I may just go alone with trying to clean them up, but want to try the stock bulbs. Oh and by the way I didn't buy the projector headlights, just the stock looking ones with phillips HIDs, kind of like these:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/02-03...QQcmdZViewItem

So I guess my question is if all capsules are the same wattage? If so I don't think it should be a problem. I'm sure someone here has replaced capsules, so I'm guessing this is possible.
Old 12-04-2007, 08:14 PM
That's Mr. Detail to you

Originally Posted by UConnJack
Thanks. Is cleaning the MAF worth trying first, has anyone had any luck with this solving the problem? Or should I just go right to the replacement?
Well, since cleaning is free, I'd try that first. You may get lucky.
Old 12-04-2007, 08:17 PM
Cletus

usually MAF problems are because they are going out...not dirty.

but if you want to try http://forums.maxima.org/showthread....ht=maf+cleaner
Old 12-04-2007, 08:17 PM
That's Mr. Detail to you

Originally Posted by G&S Maxima
has anyone tried pressure washin their floor mats??? factory.....
It would be fine. You can also soak them in the tub for a few hours with some laundry soap, rinse, squeegee out the excess water, let drip dry, then toss in the dryer for 20-30 minutes on medium heat.
Old 12-04-2007, 08:20 PM
Cletus

Originally Posted by Scottwax
It would be fine. You can also soak them in the tub for a few hours with some laundry soap, rinse, squeegee out the excess water, let drip dry, then toss in the dryer for 20-30 minutes on medium heat.
or buy new ones.

http://www.courtesyparts.com/Merchan...=A33_mats_2002
Old 12-04-2007, 08:30 PM
That's Mr. Detail to you

Originally Posted by soonerfan
Once I cleaned mine, they looked really good. The back ones are pretty much perfect, honestly, the whole back of the car looks like it has rarely been used.

Good price on the mats though.
Old 12-04-2007, 08:38 PM
Cletus

Once I cleaned mine, they looked really good. The back ones are pretty much perfect, honestly, the whole back of the car looks like it has rarely been used.

Good price on the mats though.
i steamed cleaned mine several times and they still looked bad. not just dirty but worn out. especially the drivers side....worn down spots from my heels.
Old 12-04-2007, 08:59 PM
That's Mr. Detail to you

i steamed cleaned mine several times and they still looked bad. not just dirty but worn out. especially the drivers side....worn down spots from my heels.
I've noticed that in customer's cars that have manual transmissions. The driver's side mat takes a real beating.
Old 12-04-2007, 09:06 PM
Cletus

I've noticed that in customer's cars that have manual transmissions. The driver's side mat takes a real beating.
exactly why mine are bad. both feet are used and move around a lot more.
Old 12-04-2007, 09:54 PM

Made my own from Home Depot.
I bought commercial grade carpet runners (usually made for hallways) with a rubber backing. Traced the factory mats, but cut the carpet slightly bigger for the added protection.

Singed the edges with a lighter, and if you want it to conform to the contours of the floor you can heat it with a heat gun and while still warm place it in its desired location, but it will eventually place itself and form to the floor.

Works great for me, and also matches the interior.
Old 12-05-2007, 06:29 AM
dot dot dot ...

Originally Posted by UConnJack
Thanks. Is cleaning the MAF worth trying first, has anyone had any luck with this solving the problem? Or should I just go right to the replacement?
Cleaning it is a good idea, but my guess is that it wont help much if at all.

Worth a try I guess.
Old 12-05-2007, 10:20 AM

Is there a writeup somewhere on the Gab mod i see Irishi's Os mod?
Old 12-05-2007, 10:37 AM

I know this has been discussed a lot, but i havent found quite what i was looking for. If i missed it im sorry. I Have a 2002 and my maf went out, after some reading i decided to replace it with one from an '01 (2y001 or something like that) The car runs now, but I feel like I have lost A LOT of power on the lower end. I have asked dealerships but of course they tell me it's because I have the wrong sensor in. Has anyone else experienced this? Is it possible to just get my ECU reprogrammed? Everyone else has said it worked like a dream but i was left happy because my car was ruinning again but very pissed off when i really step on the gas. any help would be great!
Old 12-05-2007, 03:22 PM

what's emanage? aftermarket ECU?(for auto) If piggy back is not the same, what's the difference from emanage? what does it do? cant i just tune/map out the OEM ECU?
i need details on this if someone has a link. sorry not a pro on cars....
Old 12-05-2007, 04:44 PM
dot dot dot ...

Originally Posted by maxximaa
what's emanage? aftermarket ECU?(for auto) If piggy back is not the same, what's the difference from emanage? what does it do? cant i just tune/map out the OEM ECU?
i need details on this if someone has a link. sorry not a pro on cars....
Read the All Motor Stickys.

Originally Posted by Dynasty47x1
Is there a writeup somewhere on the Gab mod i see Irishi's Os mod?
Read the 5th gen stickys.

Originally Posted by ktcp643
I know this has been discussed a lot, but i havent found quite what i was looking for. If i missed it im sorry. I Have a 2002 and my maf went out, after some reading i decided to replace it with one from an '01 (2y001 or something like that) The car runs now, but I feel like I have lost A LOT of power on the lower end. I have asked dealerships but of course they tell me it's because I have the wrong sensor in. Has anyone else experienced this? Is it possible to just get my ECU reprogrammed? Everyone else has said it worked like a dream but i was left happy because my car was ruinning again but very pissed off when i really step on the gas. any help would be great!
Any new codes?
Old 12-05-2007, 07:10 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

I have a 2002 GLE and my driver side windshield washer nozzle does not spray near as well as the passenger side... the pressure is very low compared to it. Could this be a pump problem or do i need a new nozzle? I really hate to take it in to the shop to have this looked at. But with the snow flying and the salt hitting the road i need to fix this one ASAP. Thanks
Old 12-05-2007, 07:14 PM
wat

They both use the same pump, check the hosing for leaks. And have you cleaned out the nozzel with a needle? It might help.
Old 12-05-2007, 07:19 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

They both use the same pump, check the hosing for leaks. And have you cleaned out the nozzel with a needle? It might help.
ill check the hoses tomorrow and see about the needle... i am kinda iffy on the needle because im worried about breaking something... im cautious about my baby but ill see what i got
Old 12-05-2007, 07:40 PM
dot dot dot ...

Originally Posted by UnseenShadow
ill check the hoses tomorrow and see about the needle... i am kinda iffy on the needle because im worried about breaking something... im cautious about my baby but ill see what i got
Use a needle or knife end to clear it. Don’t be a , use some force, and don’t be afraid.

Works on mine all the time.
Old 12-05-2007, 08:27 PM
Cletus

bump for people like "hotstartup"
Old 12-05-2007, 08:29 PM
That's Mr. Detail to you

Originally Posted by UnseenShadow
I have a 2002 GLE and my driver side windshield washer nozzle does not spray near as well as the passenger side... the pressure is very low compared to it. Could this be a pump problem or do i need a new nozzle? I really hate to take it in to the shop to have this looked at. But with the snow flying and the salt hitting the road i need to fix this one ASAP. Thanks
Clean the nozzle. 95% of the time, that is the problem.
Old 12-05-2007, 11:34 PM

Clean the nozzle. 95% of the time, that is the problem.

IIRC clean it with a pin used by tailers to keep a hem of a pair of pants up. They are the really thin ones.

If you do replace them, you may want to replace them with Nissan Murano nozzles. They are fan spray, insead of stream.
Old 12-06-2007, 08:27 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

Does anybody know, if it is possible to swap in an R33 RB26DETT motor into a 2000 Maxima GLE? If it is would it be possible to swap the differential as well, so that it would be all-wheel drive?
And I want to know if any companies make polyurethane body kits for the 5th gen maxima?

Last edited by s10_mack; 12-06-2007 at 08:29 AM.
Old 12-06-2007, 08:29 AM
Go BUCKS!!!

Originally Posted by s10_mack
Does anybody know, if it is possible to swap in an R33 RB26DETT motor into a 2000 Maxima GLE? If it is would it be possible to swap the differential as well, so that it would be all-wheel drive?
With enough money, you can do anything. But...why? Just buy a skyline and get it over with.

Yes, this question has been asked about 3 million times before.
Old 12-06-2007, 08:35 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

I don't want a skyline, I want a Maxima with a skyline motor because I have a family that needs a sedan, and I want just want something to occupy some of my spare time. It's just a project.
Old 12-06-2007, 08:40 AM
Go BUCKS!!!

AGAIN...with enough money you can do anything.

Good luck
Old 12-06-2007, 10:06 AM
That's Mr. Detail to you

Originally Posted by s10_mack
I don't want a skyline, I want a Maxima with a skyline motor because I have a family that needs a sedan, and I want just want something to occupy some of my spare time. It's just a project.
Probably be more cost effective to find a totaled G37 and snag that motor, transmission and wiring harness for a swap. 85 hp more than stock right off the bat.
Old 12-06-2007, 10:10 AM
Go BUCKS!!!

Which is also RWD. People talk about doing these swaps a few times a year. I've yet to see one actually happen.
Old 12-06-2007, 10:13 AM
wat

Originally Posted by Nismo1

I appreciate your input.
here ya go

Last edited by AceofSpds; 12-06-2007 at 10:15 AM.
Old 12-06-2007, 10:13 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

Originally Posted by rony_espana
Yeah basically I just want to see how it looks with the oem headlight capsules, want to compare, I may just go alone with trying to clean them up, but want to try the stock bulbs. Oh and by the way I didn't buy the projector headlights, just the stock looking ones with phillips HIDs, kind of like these:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/02-03...QQcmdZViewItem

So I guess my question is if all capsules are the same wattage? If so I don't think it should be a problem. I'm sure someone here has replaced capsules, so I'm guessing this is possible.
Any info would help...
Old 12-06-2007, 10:43 AM

Originally Posted by rony_espana
Any info would help...

Are you asking what the highest wattage bulb can be run in a capsule?
IIRC it's 50 or 55 watts.
Old 12-06-2007, 10:44 AM

here ya go

On my way out later, I will check for you to compare.

Quick Reply: 5th Gen "I AM NEW HERE BUT HAVE A QUESTION" thread