5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

5th Gen "I AM NEW HERE BUT HAVE A QUESTION" thread

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2007, 11:15 AM

http://i204.photobucket.com/albums/b.../Maxima036.jpg

http://i204.photobucket.com/albums/b.../Maxima031.jpg

What is the official Nissan color of my car? It's an '02 if that makes a difference.
Old 09-16-2007, 11:36 AM
TurtleHead

Originally Posted by nebojsa_o
http://i204.photobucket.com/albums/b.../Maxima036.jpg

http://i204.photobucket.com/albums/b.../Maxima031.jpg

What is the official Nissan color of my car? It's an '02 if that makes a difference.
Looks like Polished Titanium

Look on the drivers side door jam, there should be a sticker with the paint code (WV2).

Old 09-16-2007, 05:20 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

hello this is my first post...im in need of help with my 2000 maxima se...when i start to hit about 60mph... the rpm just stays and it stalls for a couple seconds...its like im pressing the gas for no reason....and then after i hit the gas a couple seconds later it migth stall again or it might go to about 85mph and wont pass about 90.... i think it might be from the transmission or 1 of the censors...u guys have anything?
Old 09-16-2007, 05:24 PM
dot dot dot ...

Originally Posted by xballin4eva17x
hello this is my first post...im in need of help with my 2000 maxima se...when i start to hit about 60mph... the rpm just stays and it stalls for a couple seconds...its like im pressing the gas for no reason....and then after i hit the gas a couple seconds later it migth stall again or it might go to about 85mph and wont pass about 90.... i think it might be from the transmission or 1 of the censors...u guys have anything?
Sounds like a MAF. Got any SES lights?
Old 09-16-2007, 07:07 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

na bro no SES lights...so u think its the mass air flow? if ur pretty sure i will change it bro....u think i should
Old 09-16-2007, 07:19 PM

Originally Posted by TurtleHead
Looks like Polished Titanium

Look on the drivers side door jam, there should be a sticker with the paint code (WV2).
I already looked in the door, and there is no sticker... Guess I should have mentioned that earlier. Would there be a sticker somewhere else? Maybe in the trunk, or something? And I looked at a few sites, and Polished Titanium wasn't available in 2002, so I don't know... Any ideas?
Old 09-16-2007, 07:20 PM
dot dot dot ...

Originally Posted by nebojsa_o
I already looked in the door, and there is no sticker... Guess I should have mentioned that earlier. Would there be a sticker somewhere else? Maybe in the trunk, or something? And I looked at a few sites, and Polished Titanium wasn't available in 2002, so I don't know... Any ideas?
Check the VIN plate under the hood. Looks more like Sterling Mist vs Ti
Old 09-17-2007, 09:45 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Ok, I am not a noob, but...

I have loud howling noise, which I am almost certain is coming from the rear of my 170k mile 2000 SE. I also get the occasional chirping/warbling over undulating pavement. I have to believe it is a bad wheel bearing, maybe both. I called a shop, they quoted me $329 per side, and said that the wheel bearing is built into the "hub" so the whole thing has to be replaced. I have a pretty good relationship with my dealer so I am going to get a quote from them as well since they give me a free loaner.

And BTW, I ruled out the tires. I swapped wheels with another Maxima, so I know its not tires.
Old 09-17-2007, 06:51 PM

quick question
i have a 2002 GLE and mines came with memory seats, but since it didnt come with a manual, i dont know how to use it lol
can anyone tell me how i can set and use them?

also, anyone got a e-copy of the manual?
Old 09-17-2007, 06:53 PM
dot dot dot ...

Originally Posted by SlurpeeKing
quick question
i have a 2002 GLE and mines came with memory seats, but since it didnt come with a manual, i dont know how to use it lol
can anyone tell me how i can set and use them?

also, anyone got a e-copy of the manual?
http://www.courtesyparts.com/nissan-...san-Maxima.pdf
Old 09-18-2007, 07:12 AM
Cletus

BUMP
the newbs are loose
please stop the stupid newbie threads!!

Last edited by SoonerFan; 09-18-2007 at 07:25 AM.
Old 09-18-2007, 08:09 AM

my left back door on ym 2kSE doesnt seem to open in the inside. but only from the outside. my friend said the hinges might be loose. can i fix this myself or how much if i bring it to a shop
Old 09-18-2007, 09:26 AM

Okay, first post on the boards. I have been reading here for a couple months getting lots of good info from you guys. I was able to replace my serpentine belt/pulley assy myself. Replace an alternator myself, and recently replaced a bad wheel bearing & hub. (Replaced rotors and pads at the same time). Before this, I had never done any work on a car. I love working on it myself!

You guys have been a great help just reading. Now on to my problem.

2001 maxima 5spd, 97,000mi , No engine mods.
Recently I have noticed a slight problem when I am accelerating, when I am pushing it when I hit ~3300RPM I feel a slight drop, its not something really hard, but I notice something not right almost like a slight hiccup, then it continues to accelerate. It doesnt happen every time I drive. But when it does, I can do it in every gear, right as I pass that ~3300RPM, a slight hiccup.
Any ideas? I would search but since the site went down, none of the thread #'s are correct.
Thanks.
Old 09-18-2007, 09:41 AM
WSH for teh cup

Originally Posted by Solebreaker
my left back door on ym 2kSE doesnt seem to open in the inside. but only from the outside. my friend said the hinges might be loose. can i fix this myself or how much if i bring it to a shop
There's a child safety lock on the door (not the hinge side of the door but where the edge of the door meets the door jam). It's a black piece of plastic with a switch, flip the switch off and you should be okay.
Old 09-18-2007, 01:21 PM

Help me please

My car has no clutch fluid in it, its a 2000 nissan maxima and i parked it this morning at my job and now the car wont go in 1st gear..... or any gear at that, if i just buy some DOT 3 fluid will that fix the issue or do i have to wait a while for it to get into the clutch and the master cyclinder and all that other stuff.....Is it a easy step process of just pouring the fluid into the reservoir tank or do i need a mechanic to help me??? Im stuck at work until i can solve this problem.......any help is appreciated......thanks
Old 09-18-2007, 02:23 PM
TurtleHead

Originally Posted by sirjinx21jay
My car has no clutch fluid in it, its a 2000 nissan maxima and i parked it this morning at my job and now the car wont go in 1st gear..... or any gear at that, if i just buy some DOT 3 fluid will that fix the issue or do i have to wait a while for it to get into the clutch and the master cyclinder and all that other stuff.....Is it a easy step process of just pouring the fluid into the reservoir tank or do i need a mechanic to help me??? Im stuck at work until i can solve this problem.......any help is appreciated......thanks

Pour in the fluid and keep pumping the clutch until it gets stiff.

Old 09-18-2007, 02:36 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Suspension Issues ???

Ive got a question...I have an 02 Maxima GLE Merlot with 116K miles and Montegi Racing 18" wheels with Goodyear Fierce 245/40/18 tires on all 4 wheels.

The front shocks and struts were changed 5K miles ago. I also replaced all four tires a month ago. A couple of strange problem seemed to have developed:
a. Whenever I go over a bump, the driver side wheel makes a noise whenever I go over a bump. The noise is obvious when the car is cold and disappears typically in the california heat
b. The rear driver side suspension feels loose and wobbly. Whenever I go over a bump, the rear right side seems to want to go down first...enough to be noticeable
c. Overall fuel efficiency is down and it when I accelerate, the car just doesnt want to break 50 mph...I dont want to turn into road kill on california freeways.....any suggestions from someone with similar problems would be most useful!!!!
Old 09-18-2007, 04:09 PM

Originally Posted by TurtleHead
Pour in the fluid and keep pumping the clutch until it gets stiff.
Thanks, I tried doing that but the clutch is not as stiff as it use to be and it is like three inches away from the floor when before i am able to put it into gear, does this sound like there is air trapped in the line somewhere? In case i didnt do the "pumping" method right, how long should i have to wait to be able to tell the difference in the stiffness of the clutch?
Old 09-18-2007, 04:23 PM

Just got an 03 SE with Bose, Navigation and 6 Disc in Trunk. Is there anything I can do to hook up an iPod or Change the Changer that could do MP3 Cd's besides FM modulation? I have been checking with the local stereo shops and crutchfield and have had no luck.
Old 09-18-2007, 04:28 PM
is invisible

Originally Posted by spoink
Just got an 03 SE with Bose, Navigation and 6 Disc in Trunk. Is there anything I can do to hook up an iPod or Change the Changer that could do MP3 Cd's besides FM modulation? I have been checking with the local stereo shops and crutchfield and have had no luck.
don't believe so....how about that harmon kardon setup?
check the audio section.
http://forums.maxima.org/forumdispla...aysprune=&f=21
Old 09-18-2007, 04:32 PM
silver02max

I have an 02 6 speed. If im cruising along and step on the gas to accelerate, the car will hesitate then take off. It only does it while im cruising, not when i go from a stop. It will do this in all gears. Is this normal, or is there something wrong?

Old 09-18-2007, 04:34 PM

For some reason my front left speaker keeps on going in and out everytime I drive, especially when I take right turns or merge to the right on the highway. I was wondering if there could be a problem with my speakers or it's just loose. I already took off the door panel and checked out the speaker and the wiring, it looks fine so i kinda pushed the wiring in the speaker a tiny bit more... still have this problem... any help anyone?
Old 09-18-2007, 04:40 PM
silver02max

Originally Posted by tRuNiSSaN
For some reason my front left speaker keeps on going in and out everytime I drive, especially when I take right turns or merge to the right on the highway. I was wondering if there could be a problem with my speakers or it's just loose. I already took off the door panel and checked out the speaker and the wiring, it looks fine so i kinda pushed the wiring in the speaker a tiny bit more... still have this problem... any help anyone?
Does your car have the Bose system? If so, i heard there is a problem with a connector in the cd player. Mine does the same thing, but its only when a cd is playing.

Old 09-18-2007, 04:43 PM

Originally Posted by silver02max
Does your car have the Bose system? If so, i heard there is a problem with a connector in the cd player. Mine does the same thing, but its only when a cd is playing.
so how do you not get annoyed by that haha
Old 09-18-2007, 04:49 PM
dot dot dot ...

Give the Bose a couple of wacks and it returns to normal. :
Old 09-18-2007, 06:47 PM
silver02max

so how do you not get annoyed by that haha
It is very annoying. Im getting it fixed soon.

Old 09-18-2007, 07:39 PM

As far as Brakes are concerned I need some new ones, I was looking to go with the Brembo slotted drilled and the pbr pads in group deals, what sort of calipers would I need or will my stock ones suffice?
Old 09-18-2007, 07:47 PM
dot dot dot ...

Originally Posted by El_PrOfE
As far as Brakes are concerned I need some new ones, I was looking to go with the Brembo slotted drilled and the pbr pads in group deals, what sort of calipers would I need or will my stock ones suffice?
Suffice for what? Stopping, yes.
Old 09-18-2007, 08:05 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Originally Posted by sirjinx21jay
Thanks, I tried doing that but the clutch is not as stiff as it use to be and it is like three inches away from the floor when before i am able to put it into gear, does this sound like there is air trapped in the line somewhere? In case i didnt do the "pumping" method right, how long should i have to wait to be able to tell the difference in the stiffness of the clutch?
as you pump the clutch, you have to make sure to keep adding fluid to the reservoir. if the whole system is empty, you are going to drain the reservoir pretty quick when you start pumping the clutch pedal.
Old 09-18-2007, 09:33 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

HELP! 2000 Maxima Clutch Problem

I have a 2000 Maxima SE 5 speed with about 110K on it and am having a problem with my clutch. A couple of weeks ago I got in my car in noticed the clutch was really soft and had lost pressure. It got to the point where I couldn't put it in gear and had to have it towed. I took it to a mechanic that noticed the reservior near the firewall was pretty empty. After filling it and not finding the problem, he replaced the master and slave clylinders. He did not find any leaks anywhere. Pressure was restored for a little while and then I noticed something strange. In the mornings when the car was cold the clutch was somewhat soft and would engage in gear about 3 inches from the floor. After driving for about 20 minutes the engagement point slowly raises up to the last 2 inches of travel, so you can shift by pushing the clutch down 2 inches. Very annoying. It definitely seems to have something to do with heat because it consistently catches near the bottom when it's cold and at the very top as it heats up. So over the past couple of weeks the system has been bleed two more times and the hose between the slave and the transmission was replaced, just in case. I still have the same problem! Now it is actually starting to slip when going into gear with my foot off of the clutch. Because the clutch was engaing so high on the pedal travel it feels like the clutch is not released enough to be in gear. Any thoughts? I have never had the clutch changed, but this seems like a hydraulic problem. Your help is appreciated.

Marcel
Old 09-18-2007, 09:55 PM

Originally Posted by silver02max
It is very annoying. Im getting it fixed soon.
but how are you going to fix it?
Old 09-19-2007, 12:53 AM
Drug Money

Originally Posted by Marceljin
I have a 2000 Maxima SE 5 speed with about 110K on it and am having a problem with my clutch. A couple of weeks ago I got in my car in noticed the clutch was really soft and had lost pressure. It got to the point where I couldn't put it in gear and had to have it towed. I took it to a mechanic that noticed the reservior near the firewall was pretty empty. After filling it and not finding the problem, he replaced the master and slave clylinders. He did not find any leaks anywhere. Pressure was restored for a little while and then I noticed something strange. In the mornings when the car was cold the clutch was somewhat soft and would engage in gear about 3 inches from the floor. After driving for about 20 minutes the engagement point slowly raises up to the last 2 inches of travel, so you can shift by pushing the clutch down 2 inches. Very annoying. It definitely seems to have something to do with heat because it consistently catches near the bottom when it's cold and at the very top as it heats up. So over the past couple of weeks the system has been bleed two more times and the hose between the slave and the transmission was replaced, just in case. I still have the same problem! Now it is actually starting to slip when going into gear with my foot off of the clutch. Because the clutch was engaing so high on the pedal travel it feels like the clutch is not released enough to be in gear. Any thoughts? I have never had the clutch changed, but this seems like a hydraulic problem. Your help is appreciated.

Marcel

Your clutch is on its way out - time for a new one.
Old 09-19-2007, 12:53 AM
Drug Money

Originally Posted by El_PrOfE
What kind of driving you plan on doing?
Old 09-19-2007, 04:15 AM
silver02max

but how are you going to fix it?
Im taking it to a repair shop by my house that fixes car stereos.
Does anyone else have the same problem that i posted about earlier? I have this hesitation when im cruising and i step on the gas.

Old 09-19-2007, 07:27 AM
Cletus

Originally Posted by spoink
drive&play

Old 09-19-2007, 08:57 AM
Banned

just a general tire question my car(2003 White MaxSE) came with the 225/50/17 size tires and right now i`m looking to go a little wider i know about the whole speedo thing i was just wondering if anyone has put on the nissan factory rim any of the following sizes and if so did they rub?
245/45R/17--.66% speedo difference
275/40R/17--.74% speedo difference
Old 09-19-2007, 12:05 PM

Originally Posted by NmexMAX
Suffice for what? Stopping, yes.
Stopping being one, I meant are the stock calipers okay or should go ahead and get new ones as well?
Old 09-19-2007, 12:10 PM
WSH for teh cup

Stopping being one, I meant are the stock calipers okay or should go ahead and get new ones as well?
What he's saying is that they'll work for stopping but aren't the best you can get.
Old 09-19-2007, 12:23 PM

Originally Posted by Kyle00
What he's saying is that they'll work for stopping but aren't the best you can get.
any suggestions? Kind of new at this....used to be a Ricer....Smh(not proud of it) I was like 13 I used to love underglow.
Old 09-19-2007, 02:02 PM

Rough and Shaky steering problem

I'm new to the forum as well as the 2002 Maxima GLE I just bought a few weeks ago and I thank you all in advance for any ideas/advice you can give on how to fix my problem. The car is in great shape but when driving on the freeway the it feels really rough and makes a sort of vibration sound as if I was driving over a lot of really small bumps (I don't know how else to explain it). The roughness and vibration sound go away when I turn the steering wheel to the right maybe 5 degrees or more, but stays when turning to the left or while driving straight. Any ideas? And please let me know if you need more information, I'm new to this.

2002 Maxima GLE
30,000 miles

Quick Reply: 5th Gen "I AM NEW HERE BUT HAVE A QUESTION" thread