5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

Cattman 3" Catback Exhaust (New resonated version) - Order here!

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2013, 09:29 PM

Originally Posted by The Wizard
^ That sucks Rod. look at all that un-utilized space too...
Yeah and embarrassing at all the red lights I had to hit to get home, Rattle was Crazy, was the first one at the Muffler shop the next morning, even beat their employees there...
Old 04-11-2013, 12:24 AM

Okay....
I ordered three "Walker Exhaust" 35725 Hangers, one 35460 Hanger, and two 31540 gaskets form RockAuto. They were listed as Walker brand parts. What I received was the following...

Perhaps I'm wrong here but I was expecting Walker Exhaust parts? The gaskets and the one hanger have no brand name on the label at all and wtf is Exhaust Mate? I feel I was ripped off.
Old 04-11-2013, 01:25 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by rebelhell
Okay....
I ordered three "Walker Exhaust" 35725 Hangers, one 35460 Hanger, and two 31540 gaskets form RockAuto. They were listed as Walker brand parts. What I received was the following...

Perhaps I'm wrong here but I was expecting Walker Exhaust parts? The gaskets and the one hanger have no brand name on the label at all and wtf is Exhaust Mate? I feel I was ripped off.
You been Shanghi'd!
Or should i say "thank you come again"
Old 04-11-2013, 04:52 AM

Okay....

That's Rockauto main game is Oem Replacement parts.....That's why I rarely dell with them....My advice to you is: Use NAPA! Also 35725 are gonna pull the exhaust up too hgh and contact your rear facia with the exhaust tips...use 3 35460 at the rear muffler or NISMO Hangars and a Kartboy poly hangar at the rear of the resonator and you'll be very pleased with the results!!!!!!
Old 04-11-2013, 04:58 AM

Originally Posted by Rods03Max619
Had the Headers, Fastcat and 3'' Exhaust, something was too long somewhere, The hangers had no play in the Problem. Was somewhat near the Heatshield with no Headers but once got em this is what happened...

The headers.....pushed it back on mine but not like that.....I elongated some shield bolt holes and adjusted everything just right....When I order my WSP Metallic sudstrate Cat it'll be 1/2" shorter....and everything will be centered....but no banging around on mine guys.....
Old 04-11-2013, 07:37 AM

Originally Posted by CMax03
The headers.....pushed it back on mine but not like that.....I elongated some shield bolt holes and adjusted everything just right....When I order my WSP Metallic sudstrate Cat it'll be 1/2" shorter....and everything will be centered....but no banging around on mine guys.....
Same here no banging, after I fixed it to get it centered no problem even hitting sharp corners pretty quick...
Old 04-11-2013, 12:26 PM

Originally Posted by Rods03Max619
Same here no banging, after I fixed it to get it centered no problem even hitting sharp corners pretty quick...
On hard right handers the hanger hook just behind the resonator bangs into the cabin floor....Until I did that old setup using some shockeye bushings which has been updated to a poly hanger at that same location and nothing moves nor slides.....
Old 04-11-2013, 01:44 PM

Are people with the Cattman catback having this problem with their B pipe hitting the heat shield, or this just an issue with the cheaper exhaust kits such as the one I bought?
Old 04-11-2013, 01:51 PM

Be smart, use hose clamps on your aftermarket exhaust hangers(even if u use the stock hangers).
Old 04-11-2013, 01:52 PM
Administrator

Originally Posted by 5aprilc
Are people with the Cattman catback having this problem with their B pipe hitting the heat shield, or this just an issue with the cheaper exhaust kits such as the one I bought?
With Cattman's B-pipe ...Similiar problem with 4th gen catbacks (hits trailing arm)
Old 04-11-2013, 01:53 PM

That's where I messed up then. I didn't use any hose clamps on my aftermarket hangers.
Old 04-11-2013, 01:54 PM

Once I installed upgraded isolators from Walker, I havent had any issues banging. No heat shield issues either. I noticed CMax mention the 35725 isolators will cause your exhaust to hit your bumper, but mine is a half finger length away, and has shown no signs of damage over the past 500+ miles. I guess everyone is different, my situation includes the fact my muffler had to be extended, so my set up isnt the same as a Maximas set up

What do you guys mean when you say use hose clamps on your hangers? Pics of this?
Old 04-11-2013, 02:00 PM

The flange on my B pipe lays just under the heat shield that's under the gas tank, and it rests right on that shield. Because the way my system is made, is the B pipe has a flange that bolts right to the end of the pipe that has the muffler on it, instead of it being just one pipe that bolts to the center pipe that's attached to the main CAT.

Or are most people's catback systems three pieces?
Old 04-11-2013, 02:23 PM
dot dot dot ...

With Cattman's B-pipe ...Similiar problem with 4th gen catbacks (hits trailing arm)
That seems to be common on the 4th gen, but the 2 systems are slightly different in that area. For 5th gens the problem is the B pipe 90º.

Rod ,myself and a few others had similar issues, though it was though that particular section was misaligned or installed incorrectly, nope, just the way it is. That's why I needed to remove my heat shields. That and I'm the only person currently that I know of with Gen I Cattman headers, and not sure if they are longer/shorter, etc, but they are 4 piece and so therefore have greater room for dimensional instability, an mine did not have the hangar right after the cat, so mine sags a little in that area.

Originally Posted by D Moolah
Once I installed upgraded isolators from Walker, I havent had any issues banging. No heat shield issues either
Same concept here, I have hose clamps holding my hangars, and had to adjust them a few times to get rid of the banging.
Old 04-12-2013, 10:03 AM

Originally Posted by 95VQ30
Be smart, use hose clamps on your aftermarket exhaust hangers(even if u use the stock hangers).
Ok or just buy some HD hangers

Sorry WIZ save it!!!! We don't have a Bpipe problem but the headers were the issue and fixable!!!!

That's where I messed up then. I didn't use any hose clamps on my aftermarket hangers.
Ok...just do it!

Once I installed upgraded isolators from Walker, I havent had any issues banging. No heat shield issues either. I noticed CMax mention the 35725 isolators will cause your exhaust to hit your bumper, but mine is a half finger length away, and has shown no signs of damage over the past 500+ miles. I guess everyone is different, my situation includes the fact my muffler had to be extended, so my set up isnt the same as a Maximas set up

What do you guys mean when you say use hose clamps on your hangers? Pics of this?
Maybe it's my adjustments I made to neutralize my exhaust and exhibit no banging under any circumstance....
The flange on my B pipe lays just under the heat shield that's under the gas tank, and it rests right on that shield. Because the way my system is made, is the B pipe has a flange that bolts right to the end of the pipe that has the muffler on it, instead of it being just one pipe that bolts to the center pipe that's attached to the main CAT.

Or are most people's catback systems three pieces?
3" Cattman are 4 piece systems! 2.5" cattman are 3 piece systems
Old 04-16-2013, 10:02 AM

Well I finally got my CatBack installed this weekend and I thought I would give my thoughts on the install. Everything went fairly easy once I got the old exhaust down (a torch would have been nice :/). As far as hangers go, I did have to play with them a little to get it right. Ended up using the Walker 35460 on the B-pipe hanger and on the two rear most muffler hangers. For the front muffler hanger I used the 35725. Also learned something else important... If you have a Curt Hitch Receiver it will not fit. The muffler is slightly longer and will press right up against the flat steel beam that goes over the tail pipes. Luckily I just just bought a truck that already has a hitch receiver so if your in my area and are looking for one it will be listed in the classifieds.

Other than that I have to say I really like the sound of the new exhaust. I hope it does quiet down a bit as people have said. Other than that I'm very happy overall.
Old 04-16-2013, 11:09 AM

Man, I would love to hear it. Hopefully I run into someone in NYC with it.

I ran into my first 3" Cattman catback this weekend. The guy had OBX headers, test pipe, 3" cattman with no resonator and it sounded good, but I couldn't live with it on a regular basis.
Old 04-16-2013, 11:47 AM
Banned

fix the bang right here>>>>

http://forums.maxima.org/5th-generat...clunk-fix.html
Old 04-16-2013, 11:53 AM

Originally Posted by cjandura
da time has come to fix dem all.
Old 04-16-2013, 12:32 PM

Well I finally got my CatBack installed this weekend and I thought I would give my thoughts on the install. Everything went fairly easy once I got the old exhaust down (a torch would have been nice :/). As far as hangers go, I did have to play with them a little to get it right. Ended up using the Walker 35460 on the B-pipe hanger and on the two rear most muffler hangers. For the front muffler hanger I used the 35725. Also learned something else important... If you have a Curt Hitch Receiver it will not fit. The muffler is slightly longer and will press right up against the flat steel beam that goes over the tail pipes. Luckily I just just bought a truck that already has a hitch receiver so if your in my area and are looking for one it will be listed in the classifieds.

Other than that I have to say I really like the sound of the new exhaust. I hope it does quiet down a bit as people have said. Other than that I'm very happy overall.
It's actually quieter out the box than a old style broke in....

Originally Posted by TallTom
Man, I would love to hear it. Hopefully I run into someone in NYC with it.

I ran into my first 3" Cattman catback this weekend. The guy had OBX headers, test pipe, 3" cattman with no resonator and it sounded good, but I couldn't live with it on a regular basis.
That's loud then! Must be a youngster...
Old 04-16-2013, 12:45 PM

It's actually quieter out the box than a old style broke in....
I also have OBX headers and the Cattman Fast Cat. It does sound good, I can't argue with that. Drove it today for the first time after removing the hitch receiver. It quieted down a LOT. I think it was resonating against it through the frame.
Old 04-16-2013, 01:10 PM

That's loud then! Must be a youngster...
Yeah, he was a youngin'.
Old 04-16-2013, 02:03 PM

Anyone heard from Brian about those refunds for gaskets?

Rebel, glad to hear you got it installed. It'll quiet down some once you put some miles on it. Post pics if you can
Old 04-16-2013, 02:30 PM
Banned

Rebel, glad to hear you got it installed. It'll quiet down some once you put some miles on it. Post pics if you can
Again not sure why you keep making this stuff public...it should be kept behind closed doors unless you have a serious issue with a vendor. If he ignores your calls and emails and owes you money sure make it public.

Last edited by FastnFuriousMax; 04-16-2013 at 02:32 PM.
Old 04-16-2013, 02:37 PM

You know I really don't give a **** about your opinion, right? You came in this thread downing him and his stuff, basically advertised for BRM, and chip in worthless .02 at every opportunity, but never once responded to Brian's responses to you. Stop directing posts at me

Last edited by D Moolah; 04-16-2013 at 02:40 PM.
Old 04-16-2013, 02:55 PM
Banned

You know I really don't give a **** about your opinion, right? You came in this thread downing him and his stuff, basically advertised for BRM, and chip in worthless .02 at every opportunity, but never once responded to Brian's responses to you. Stop directing posts at me
I never once said he didn't make a good or quality product and I never will. I have owned his stuff before. All I said was it was overpriced and why.

Why would I respond to him? BRM came on here and he ignored their whole post. If you really want me to let me know and I will start a new thread and cattman can respond.

Brian is a middle man. You pay his shops fee and mark up. Period. That is how it goes.

You making it public for the second time is just such a noob move. If you don't want my posts directed at you don't make dumb *** posts bringing out a vendors dirty laundry unless it deserves to happen. If so make your own thread about the bad customer service you are getting. You are all over his hog so why make this public is beyond me.

Last edited by FastnFuriousMax; 04-16-2013 at 02:58 PM.
Old 04-17-2013, 12:48 PM

Refund for gaskets why????? Please if you want better quality gasket that you can use over and over invest into some SCE copper....
Old 04-17-2013, 01:52 PM

Refund for gaskets why????? Please if you want better quality gasket that you can use over and over invest into some SCE copper....
Nooo, he just didn't include with shipping because of time constraints. I was alright with the Nissan gaskets. The refund is because they were included in the price of the exhaust, and that's what he paid for them.

I wasn't complaining about anything in regards to Brian, his products, or customer service via the org. The day I was frustrated I was simply venting about the headache of having to drive an hour each way to find the proper gaskets. I happen to run a small business myself, and understand that hiccups happen, intentional or not. It doesn't mean that it isnt frustrating. That's why IDK why FastnFurious is even talking to me. I've simply been communicating with the others of the community who were either interested in the exhaust, or went ahead and purchased the exhaust. Those are the opinions I care to hear, or someone like you CMax03. Someone who has the exhaust, AND is taking your own time/money to improve upon the product. I understand Brian is the "middle man". That's how business works most of the time. I understand he doesn't do this to lose money. It's BUSINESS. People dont go into business to lose money. Advertise for BRM in another thread
Old 04-18-2013, 09:59 AM

Nooo, he just didn't include with shipping because of time constraints. I was alright with the Nissan gaskets. The refund is because they were included in the price of the exhaust, and that's what he paid for them.

I wasn't complaining about anything in regards to Brian, his products, or customer service via the org. The day I was frustrated I was simply venting about the headache of having to drive an hour each way to find the proper gaskets. I happen to run a small business myself, and understand that hiccups happen, intentional or not. It doesn't mean that it isnt frustrating. That's why IDK why FastnFurious is even talking to me. I've simply been communicating with the others of the community who were either interested in the exhaust, or went ahead and purchased the exhaust. Those are the opinions I care to hear, or someone like you CMax03. Someone who has the exhaust, AND is taking your own time/money to improve upon the product. I understand Brian is the "middle man". That's how business works most of the time. I understand he doesn't do this to lose money. It's BUSINESS. People dont go into business to lose money. Advertise for BRM in another thread
Well I'm sure your exhaust isn't installed yet so either obtain some from Summit (SCE) or Columbia River Mandrel bend.....As far a Brian being the middle man no....It's his intellectual property whether he's building it with his own hands or has a business partner (Fabricator) building them.....I'm the middle man if I buy 20 Cattman Performance 3" catback and sell them to the Maxima Performance hobbyist....As far as The BRM Maxima catback it was a bust.....The funny thing is that all these people were on board to throw a monkey wrench in Cattman spokes and they abandoned that BRM ship like if was the Titanic.....The usual Org crap...You gotta love it!
Old 04-18-2013, 12:06 PM

Someone in Canada bring this from USA to Canada
Old 04-18-2013, 12:17 PM

Originally Posted by george__
Someone in Canada bring this from USA to Canada
Is this a question or an order?
Old 04-18-2013, 12:38 PM

Is this a question or an order?
Neither! It is a plea
Old 04-18-2013, 12:48 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by george__

Neither! It is a plea
Man drive across the boarder and get you a PO Box in the states............
Old 04-18-2013, 01:04 PM

Its the season of givings.
Old 04-18-2013, 07:08 PM

Originally Posted by cjandura
Man drive across the boarder and get you a PO Box in the states............
>< I would have done this if I could but I can't
Old 04-19-2013, 12:49 AM

As far a Brian being the middle man no....It's his intellectual property whether he's building it with his own hands or has a business partner (Fabricator) building them.....I'm the middle man if I buy 20 Cattman Performance 3" catback and sell them to the Maxima Performance hobbyist...
Yeah, CMax, I'm glad you also mentioned this. I don't think everyone on here (e.g. FastnFuriousMax) understands what a "middleman" is. Or the production chain, for that matter. Brian is the manufacturer (who designs and develops the product), he has a supplier (shop) that builds parts for him based on his designs, and he sells them directly. A middleman would be a company or website independent from Cattman Performance that also sold the products online or in a brick and mortar building.

Has anyone order just an updated resonator and already received it? I am still waiting on mine...
Old 04-19-2013, 06:30 AM

Quit giving Brian Cattman ish about this. He has done more for our cars than most. If you don't want to pay his prices go else where and best of luck to ya.
Old 04-19-2013, 07:26 AM

Glad many others are on board with my way of thinking
Old 04-19-2013, 07:55 AM

Originally Posted by tcb_02_max
Yeah, CMax, I'm glad you also mentioned this. I don't think everyone on here (e.g. FastnFuriousMax) understands what a "middleman" is. Or the production chain, for that matter. Brian is the manufacturer (who designs and develops the product), he has a supplier (shop) that builds parts for him based on his designs, and he sells them directly. A middleman would be a company or website independent from Cattman Performance that also sold the products online or in a brick and mortar building.

Has anyone order just an updated resonator and already received it? I am still waiting on mine...
I haven't gotten mine, I was going to give him a ring today.
Old 04-19-2013, 09:52 AM

Originally Posted by tcb_02_max

I got everything going and still unsure how many people but 3 people that are saying thier waiting on me....It's coming along just waiting on a special tool and It's a wrap! I was gonna label them the CMax Hybrid Resonator and I see Ford has the CMAX Hybrid....I should have patented it! Damn!!!!!

Quick Reply: Cattman 3" Catback Exhaust (New resonated version) - Order here!