6th Generation Maxima (2004-2008) Discussion of the 6th generation Maxima. Come see what others are saying.

Nos

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2007, 04:18 PM

Nos

Ok, Opinions needed here...

I'm looking to add one of these FAKE nitrous kits to my car. Just basically want the looks and intimidation that it comes with, without the damaging effects of NOS. I dont need the extra power to begin with, just the intimidation at the red light. So im looking at http://www.dynotunenitrous.com/store...p?idproduct=92 its a "whole kit" and im looking to add the twin outlet purge kit to the whole setup. So my question is has anyone done this before? and Is it worth it? Thanks for the input.

VIK
Old 01-10-2007, 04:22 PM
dot dot dot ...

Depends on what 'worth it' means to you.
Old 01-10-2007, 04:40 PM
El Mas Noob Del Org.

*Subscribing* interested in responses
Old 01-10-2007, 05:18 PM

I think it would be ummmmm 2 Fast 2 Furious cool! If you were to get some nifty area to put it in and have 2 of them shooting off, then it'd be kind of cool, but I still think it's kind of imo

dan
Old 01-10-2007, 05:27 PM

Wait, you want to what?
Old 01-10-2007, 05:46 PM
dot dot dot ...

He wants fake NAAAWWSS y0!

NOS = Nitrous Oxide Systems. (Brand name)

N2O = Nitrous Oxide, the elemental gas.
Old 01-10-2007, 06:01 PM

oh no u dit nt
Old 01-10-2007, 06:25 PM
.org extraordinaire

Originally Posted by NmexMAX
He wants fake NAAAWWSS y0!

NOS = Nitrous Oxide Systems. (Brand name)

N2O = Nitrous Oxide, the elemental gas.

ACTUALLY HE WANTS TO C02 his car.

ROTFL!!!!!
LMFAO!!!!

That is still pimp if u ever line up and shoot a blast at some stooge, have the nozells facing toward him, one on each side and spray.

Kamski
Old 01-11-2007, 06:18 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Maybe he should run a C0 nozzle to the passenger compartment and do us all a favour.

CM
Old 01-11-2007, 07:14 AM

Originally Posted by CanadianMoFo
Maybe he should run a C0 nozzle to the passenger compartment and do us all a favour.

CM
Old 01-11-2007, 07:46 AM

Originally Posted by CanadianMoFo

CM
couldn't agree more
Old 01-11-2007, 08:34 AM

Why don't you spend that money on something that actually makes your car faster/handle better?
Old 01-11-2007, 08:55 AM
dot dot dot ...

Originally Posted by Zargon
Why don't you spend that money on something that actually makes your car faster/handle better?
Because

Originally Posted by I VIK I
I dont need the extra power
And maybe feels the same about the handling

Old 01-11-2007, 08:55 AM
Newbie just Registered

Originally Posted by Zargon
Why you go and make sense?
Old 01-11-2007, 09:00 AM

Il request that we move this to the nitrous forums..lol.
Old 01-11-2007, 09:23 AM
El Mas Noob Del Org.

Fake Nawzzzzz FTW
Old 01-11-2007, 10:00 AM

IBTL....too funny....just too funny...
Old 01-11-2007, 10:36 AM

That's just wrong.....poor guy has a question and y'all beat on him!

(I'll come to his defense when I'm done laughing)......

Back on subject:

I agree with you about being leery of Nitrous. I don't want that on my car either. At the same token, to put an inoperable set up on your car, will give the image of being a poser. Of course there is a real loss of respect when you take a ride as nice as the Max and do that to it.

If you are going for the Nitrous look, maybe there is a way to put real Nitrous on there without allowing it to be active?! Maybe someone in the Nitrous forums can help with this.

Or like another poster stated, why not put that money into some other practical mods, that might increase performance or handling?
Old 01-11-2007, 11:24 AM

nitrious has such a bad rep...if done correctly it won't blow your engine.

but personally, it's a waste of money. you purge at a light, "intimidate" some guy, and end up getting your **** to you by a quick car, then how would you feel?
Old 01-11-2007, 11:28 AM

Originally Posted by AscendantMax
nitrious has such a bad rep...if done correctly it won't blow your engine.

but personally, it's a waste of money. you purge at a light, "intimidate" some guy, and end up getting your **** to you by a quick car, then how would you feel?
Everyone thinks its an engine killer, from what I know its actually VERY safe to run on the VQ35. Especially if your only running 100 shot or less.
Old 01-11-2007, 12:11 PM

Personally I think my car is fast enough, dont really need more power and im fine with the handling too... but i figured id actually get some help here instead of flamse and have my questions awnsered but its ok lets see how the whole thing turns out.
Old 01-11-2007, 12:18 PM

Originally Posted by !PrjctMax!
I think it would be ummmmm 2 Fast 2 Furious cool! If you were to get some nifty area to put it in and have 2 of them shooting off, then it'd be kind of cool, but I still think it's kind of imo

dan
um no..

also its not "kind of",,,,,, it is rice
Old 01-11-2007, 01:03 PM

Originally Posted by Nissan 6
um no..

also its not "kind of",,,,,, it is rice
why dont u go comment in the 4th gen section of the thread?
Old 01-11-2007, 01:09 PM

Originally Posted by 4MySwee
That's just wrong.....poor guy has a question and y'all beat on him!

(I'll come to his defense when I'm done laughing)......

Back on subject:

I agree with you about being leery of Nitrous. I don't want that on my car either. At the same token, to put an inoperable set up on your car, will give the image of being a poser. Of course there is a real loss of respect when you take a ride as nice as the Max and do that to it.

If you are going for the Nitrous look, maybe there is a way to put real Nitrous on there without allowing it to be active?! Maybe someone in the Nitrous forums can help with this.

Or like another poster stated, why not put that money into some other practical mods, that might increase performance or handling?
So EVERYONE is flaming you? Hmmm....not the way I see it. My advice was legit! It was even courteous! (I got your point, a lot of flaming did happen here, but I came to your defense......)

Old 01-11-2007, 09:31 PM

why dont u go comment in the 4th gen section of the thread?
right after you tell the 5th genners that too

edit: i mean after all, this is the same type of thread you would find in the 4th gen forum
Old 01-11-2007, 09:43 PM

this is honestly one of those things that sounds cool when you think about it, but when you actually analyze the pros and cons, you realize that itll make you look retarded instead of cooler. The only way id allow a fellow 6th gener to get something like this would be after they are charged to be able to beat a good # of quick cars on the road. Then,....maybe ok lol
Old 01-11-2007, 10:05 PM

It sounds like an okay product, if that's what you want.

(There...that's my helpful comment).

Now...my advice is to only get it if you like the look (kinda like strobes or winshield nozzles, even if it is ricey), not to intimidate people. The Max is fast but there are tons of faster modified cars. If someone pulls up in a stock Toyota Camry or Hyndai Sonata, why would you need to intimidate them? Just hit the gas and dust them. It seems that a lot of people who you would actually want to "intimidate" at a light are probably modded...maybe boosted. You would feel really silly if you purged at a light, then they did too (with real NOS) and you got your **** handed to you. Plus, at some point, you'd have to tell people you were posing. Fake Nos is an interesting concept, but not worth the loss of respect to me.
Old 01-11-2007, 10:53 PM

Old 01-12-2007, 03:48 AM

When all is said and done, one fact still remains, your Maxima will have only it's stock power/speed. By projecting that you have more, you will be expected to back the claim up...

Basically, what I am saying is, what if someone calls your bluff? It could be pretty embarrassing...
Old 01-12-2007, 05:05 AM
GrandPa

Ok, Opinions needed here...

I'm looking to add one of these FAKE nitrous kits to my car. Just basically want the looks and intimidation that it comes with, without the damaging effects of NOS. I dont need the extra power to begin with, just the intimidation at the red light. So im looking at http://www.dynotunenitrous.com/store...p?idproduct=92 its a "whole kit" and im looking to add the twin outlet purge kit to the whole setup. So my question is has anyone done this before? and Is it worth it? Thanks for the input.

VIK
So you are saying you just want to spray the juice so ppl think you have something under the hood. I think it a bad idea and waste of money. Use the money for something usefull. Save up and get the real stuff. Good luck with what ever you do.

Old 01-12-2007, 05:19 AM

Originally Posted by ramberg
So you are saying you just want to spray the juice so ppl think you have something under the hood. I think it a bad idea and waste of money. Use the money for something usefull. Save up and get the real stuff. Good luck with what ever you do.

Nice setup. But can I ask why you have those round switches instead of the rectangular ones I have on my 2004? Also, what's with the black switch (with the white dot) on the under side of the dash on the left side of the picture? I'm just curious, haven't seen the switches like that before.

Thanks.
Old 01-12-2007, 05:25 AM
GrandPa

Originally Posted by Monotaur
Nice setup. But can I ask why you have those round switches instead of the rectangular ones I have on my 2004? Also, what's with the black switch (with the white dot) on the under side of the dash on the left side of the picture? I'm just curious, haven't seen the switches like that before.

Thanks.
Thanks. the two round switches are for my blue neon light in the grille area and the other one is for my system in the trunk. The one with the white dot is to open and close the bottle.
Old 01-12-2007, 08:10 AM

Lol alright guys thanks for the flames looks like no go for the fake NOS
Old 01-12-2007, 10:08 AM

I think it would be a VERY bad idea to do this. Sure you might fool some ricers at a stop light, but when people hear that you've got a fake Nitrous setup, they'll just laugh at you! Not worth it...Hey, why not get a fake BOV while you're at it?
Old 01-12-2007, 12:21 PM

Originally Posted by clayman88
I think it would be a VERY bad idea to do this. Sure you might fool some ricers at a stop light, but when people hear that you've got a fake Nitrous setup, they'll just laugh at you! Not worth it...Hey, why not get a fake BOV while you're at it?

Okay.........its because of posts like this one^^^^^ that give some of these new guys a bad vibe about this org. He asked a question, and a very ligit one i may add, to wich most of you rendered nothing but a flame. Have non of you ever asked questions or needed advise?.....remember that the next time one of you ask a question because i know from expirence that not every bodys flavor is the same.

And back to your original question, yes you can run all the lines and hook it up to just a purge solenoid and do just purge. As far as price goes you may want to look into NOS or Zex, I have used NOS on alot of my cars but i think the one that is going to be the best for you value wise is the ZEX. I would not discount hooking it all the way up and actually using it..even if its just jetted to 25, you wont hurt anything anyways..go on give it a try. If you need any further information, i and a few others have squirted their 6th gen so feel free to contact me with any questions you may have and good luck to you sir.

http://www.zex.com/

http://www.holley.com/index.asp?division=NOS

Chef
Old 01-12-2007, 01:50 PM

Originally Posted by maxchef
Okay.........its because of posts like this one^^^^^ that give some of these new guys a bad vibe about this org. He asked a question, and a very ligit one i may add, to wich most of you rendered nothing but a flame. Have non of you ever asked questions or needed advise?.....remember that the next time one of you ask a question because i know from expirence that not every bodys flavor is the same.
You're kidding me, right? did you even read my post? He asked for an opinion and what he should do & I gave him an honest answer.
Old 01-12-2007, 02:01 PM

Originally Posted by clayman88
You're kidding me, right? did you even read my post? He asked for an opinion and what he should do & I gave him an honest answer.
yeah i read it!!!!!......this is what made me think about this all though....and i quote."Hey, why not get a fake BOV while you're at it?" man just answer the question and quit being a smartazz!!!!!
Old 01-12-2007, 02:07 PM

Originally Posted by maxchef
yeah i read it!!!!!......this is what made me think about this all though....and i quote."Hey, why not get a fake BOV while you're at it?" man just answer the question and quit being a smartazz!!!!!
I dont see any problem with claymans post. Putting nitrous on a car to "fool" people is as gay or surpasses the gayness of a fake blow off valve. Its a rediculous question, so in return it recieves many rediculous answers. You can't always expect everyone to always be a happy little school girl on forums, people replied the way they did because if they didnt he might have just followed through with the idea(then the REAL bashing would begin). Seriously, move this to the nitrous forums and see what kinda replys it gets.
Old 01-12-2007, 02:24 PM

Glued...dont even get me started.....all i will say is treat others the way you would want to be treated..END OF STORY.

And i never said there was anything wrong with what he said just how he said it.To each their own i suppose...i am done now.
Old 01-12-2007, 03:27 PM

Thanks max and yea I do see that, I opened a thread to ask for suggestions not get flamed and besides would you really know if I had NOS or not in my ride just by seeing it purge? Im sure if i said I had it and just put a video up of me purging most of you here flaming me wouldnt know the difrence to begin with? so basically max thanks for the back but as far as the flaming is conceened theres alot less on many other forums like NYCmaximas.com but anyways still thanks for your input everyone