8th Generation Maxima (2016-) Let's see what Nissan has to offer on the 8th generation Maxima

The 8th generation Maxima...prototypes, news, updates, rumors and more

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2015, 12:24 AM

Originally Posted by george__
^
That grill on the Lexus and Maxima seem weird...

Audi has kind of big grill but it fits in well with the oval round front

Audi's look aggressive, the grill suites the car quite well. I have faith in the 8th gen Maxima, awaiting the unveiling.
Old 01-08-2015, 04:42 AM

^
That grill on the Lexus and Maxima seem weird...

Audi has kind of big grill but it fits in well with the oval round front
I think Audi grilles are some of the most plain and boring looking, its just a cutout box basically filled with mesh.

Lexus clearly copied this very idea just made the shape be all wild with those triangle looking cutouts on both sides.

Really there are only two cars that I can think of with that style of a big open end grille that looks good. Those being the GTR and the EvoX. And both are not at all the same as those Lexus/Audi grilles.

The new Camry SE with its huge open end grilles and tons of mesh is now taking this idea even further, and it looks cheap and way overdone.

This is all IMO

8th gen Maxima grille looks good, not perfect by any means...but if it ends up looking similar to the new Murano grill just more sporty it will be good. Plus like said above^^^ with few simple mods that grill can look really good.
Old 01-08-2015, 07:35 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

The GTR grill doesn't look big because it has the bumper going through it.
The Audi we have gotten used to. When the Audi big grill first came out, I'm sure everyone was like
Old 01-08-2015, 07:50 AM

Originally Posted by dwapenyi
The GTR grill doesn't look big because it has the bumper going through it.
The Audi we have gotten used to. When the Audi big grill first came out, I'm sure everyone was like
Yup, same with the EvoX grill.

That was my point, it looks good like the Evo/GTR style IMO but not the way of Audi/Lexus.
Old 01-08-2015, 09:54 AM

Originally Posted by 95VQ30
i agree we all need time to appreciate new designs and a new generations appeal with photo angles and in person experiences etc. etc.....

but.... man does that pic make the maxima look like a minivan or what ?

im getting worried
Old 01-08-2015, 11:22 AM

Originally Posted by Prophecy99
i agree we all need time to appreciate new designs and a new generations appeal with photo angles and in person experiences etc. etc.....

but.... man does that pic make the maxima look like a minivan or what ?

im getting worried
It's truly becoming a huge large full size sedan
Old 01-08-2015, 01:37 PM

It's truly becoming a huge large full size sedan
Looks incredibly big, +1. "Huge large"
Old 01-08-2015, 04:46 PM

But the probability is that the 8th gen will weigh about the same as the 7th gen, be an inch or so shorter, an inch or so wider, and within an inch of being the same height.

Remember that the views of the Nissan concept sedan from 'dog's eye' level gave a railroad boxcar effect, but the views from slightly above the car (like standing nearby) gave a completely different effect - like slimmer and sporty.

I'm only in my eighties, but I have learned over the last sixty or seventy years that pre-release photos either make a car look better or worse than it really is. With the Maxima, the pre-release photos seldom do the car justice. I can already tell that, when viewed from a 'human' angle, this car will look very nice.
Old 01-08-2015, 07:25 PM

Originally Posted by Jprocs24

Looks incredibly big, +1. "Huge large"
Flat plane,huge large, then a new stupid azz show on tv called Big Giant swords... we have completely lost it

80 Lightonthehill has been thru some **** so i trust him....Can't Wait!!!
Old 01-09-2015, 10:02 AM

Production Car Pics deleted?

What happened to these production car pics? Did Nissan get a hold of them?

Originally Posted by a-b-c

Old 01-09-2015, 02:15 PM

Originally Posted by Hokie350Z
What happened to these production car pics? Did Nissan get a hold of them?
Where are the pics? They're not coming up.
Old 01-09-2015, 03:22 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Old 01-09-2015, 08:19 PM

Thanks!
Old 01-09-2015, 11:37 PM

Rear end looks like a Sonata
Old 01-10-2015, 12:39 AM

Starting to get more excited, looks good despite being quite large!
Old 01-10-2015, 05:44 PM

To me, the rear looks exactly like the rear of the Nissan Concept Sedan, except with more interesting tail lights and a lot of camo slathered over everything.
Old 01-10-2015, 06:14 PM

every Subaru/Toyota/Nissan/Hyundai/Kia/Honda car looks the same within the last 5 years
Old 01-10-2015, 08:16 PM

Missing production car spy pics

Thanks, but I was looking for the pics of the production Maxima that had about half as much camo and seemed to actually be in the factory. Did Nissan have them taken down?! I know I'm not the only see them posted here!

Old 01-11-2015, 07:12 AM

Originally Posted by Hokie350Z
Thanks, but I was looking for the pics of the production Maxima that had about half as much camo and seemed to actually be in the factory. Did Nissan have them taken down?! I know I'm not the only see them posted here!
Oh, I thought there were some different ones. You mean these?

Old 01-12-2015, 04:13 PM

Thanks, the links to these pics from A-B-C were dead when I first asked about them but they seem to be working now.
Old 01-13-2015, 09:55 AM

Originally Posted by lightonthehill
But the probability is that the 8th gen will weigh about the same as the 7th gen, be an inch or so shorter, an inch or so wider, and within an inch of being the same height.

Remember that the views of the Nissan concept sedan from 'dog's eye' level gave a railroad boxcar effect, but the views from slightly above the car (like standing nearby) gave a completely different effect - like slimmer and sporty.

I'm only in my eighties, but I have learned over the last sixty or seventy years that pre-release photos either make a car look better or worse than it really is. With the Maxima, the pre-release photos seldom do the car justice. I can already tell that, when viewed from a 'human' angle, this car will look very nice.
i will take ur wisdom, and reserve judgement, but still am hesitant!
Old 01-13-2015, 02:50 PM

With the announcement of the 2016 Nissan Titan and the fact it won't be released till
the end of 2015 makes me wonder if we are going to see more delays on the 8th gen
Maxima. I for one am very excited to see the real 2016 Maxima.

Just my personal opinion on CVT's.
I have had many cars thru my 50 yrs of driving. Some were stick shift ,
most were automatics. One of my biggest complaints with automatics
was the hunting for the correct gear. I for one have no complaints
with the 2012 Maxima CVT - smooth smooth - Again this is just my opinion.
Old 01-14-2015, 01:52 AM

Randy - I have spent many hours over the past two months digging into the 'happenings' at each of the major auto shows for the past two months and the next six months, and am now convinced the 8th gen Maxima will be introduced at the New York International Auto Show, which some folks consider the biggest of them all. The schedule will be:

April 1st - Press only
April 2nd - Dealers only
April 3rd - Public.

The press will be firing off photos of the 8th gen Maxima during the day on April 1st.

Edit - I realize that is over a month later than I had suggested (late Feb), and may mean the release to dealers may not happen before June, where I had been suggesting May. Kudos to MONTE, who, over a year ago, was posting in this thread that June or July 2015 would be the release date.

Last edited by lightonthehill; 01-14-2015 at 02:00 AM.
Old 01-14-2015, 06:20 AM

I'm just waiting to hear what they are going to do with the Nismo version.
Old 01-14-2015, 08:17 AM

Randy - I have spent many hours over the past two months digging into the 'happenings' at each of the major auto shows for the past two months and the next six months, and am now convinced the 8th gen Maxima will be introduced at the New York International Auto Show, which some folks consider the biggest of them all. The schedule will be:

April 1st - Press only
April 2nd - Dealers only
April 3rd - Public.

The press will be firing off photos of the 8th gen Maxima during the day on April 1st.

Edit - I realize that is over a month later than I had suggested (late Feb), and may mean the release to dealers may not happen before June, where I had been suggesting May. Kudos to MONTE, who, over a year ago, was posting in this thread that June or July 2015 would be the release date.

lightonthehill - That sounds great - I be paying close attention to New York International Auto Show. I am also hoping we may see more spy pictures in
the next two month's+. Again Thanks for all your insight.

Randy
Old 01-15-2015, 01:21 AM

Randy - There is indeed a chance we may see a few spy photos between now and the official intro April 1st. Additionally, Nissan always releases a 'teaser' photo around a month before the intro of a new generation. Traditionally, that photo has been a view of the front driver side corner, showing the lighting assembly and sometimes part of the grille. I suspect that this year, they may change the view to the driver side rear corner in order to emphasize the 'floating roof' feature.

I suspect there may also be a price increase, but hopefully only a slight increase. Nissan knows that Maxima success depends not only on successful styling, good performance and room, but also on having prices slightly lower than other near upscale cars it competes with.

Last edited by lightonthehill; 01-15-2015 at 01:25 AM.
Old 01-15-2015, 06:08 AM

Here is Nissan CEO Ghosn answer to a question ref U.S Market 2015 - He mentions the Maxima.

Q5: For the U.S. Market, what is going to be the biggest driver of market share growth and profitability?

Ghosn: 2014 went down as the best year ever for Nissan in the U.S. with almost 1.4 million units sold, an increase of 11 percent. Due to this performance we have performed according to analyst expectations from a financial standpoint in the 1H of FY14, and we will announce 3Q financial results next month.

We do not intend to slow down or become complacent or parade in front of these initial victories. We intend to keep pushing and fighting as we move closer to 10 percent market share in the U.S.

2015 brings us another exciting year with all-new products such as the recently launched Murano and the upcoming Maxima and Titan, which are all products with very big potential, sales potential, financial potential – which are going to be very important stepping stones toward the 10 percent. Again, the 10 percent is a milestone. It is a very important milestone for us in the U.S. I still think that what we are building for the U.S. – in terms of infrastructure, product, technology, team of people internally and at the level of the distribution network – should allow us to aim higher. But first we need to reach this important milestone of 10 percent.

Full article can be found here:
http://nissannews.com/en-US/nissan/u...n-motor-co-ltd
Old 01-15-2015, 03:42 PM

Originally Posted by Randy
Here is Nissan CEO Ghosn answer to a question ref U.S Market 2015 - He mentions the Maxima.

Q5: For the U.S. Market, what is going to be the biggest driver of market share growth and profitability?

Ghosn: 2014 went down as the best year ever for Nissan in the U.S. with almost 1.4 million units sold, an increase of 11 percent. Due to this performance we have performed according to analyst expectations from a financial standpoint in the 1H of FY14, and we will announce 3Q financial results next month.

We do not intend to slow down or become complacent or parade in front of these initial victories. We intend to keep pushing and fighting as we move closer to 10 percent market share in the U.S.

2015 brings us another exciting year with all-new products such as the recently launched Murano and the upcoming Maxima and Titan, which are all products with very big potential, sales potential, financial potential – which are going to be very important stepping stones toward the 10 percent. Again, the 10 percent is a milestone. It is a very important milestone for us in the U.S. I still think that what we are building for the U.S. – in terms of infrastructure, product, technology, team of people internally and at the level of the distribution network – should allow us to aim higher. But first we need to reach this important milestone of 10 percent.

Full article can be found here:
http://nissannews.com/en-US/nissan/u...n-motor-co-ltd

Ghosn was correct regarding the 11% increase for Nissan in 2014. In fact, the exact number was 11.1%. Nissan sold 1,386,895 vehicles in the U.S. in 2014. That was more than Hyundai (725,718) and Kia (580,2340) combined, and closing in on Honda (1,540,872), who had only a 1.1% increase in U.S. sales in 2014. Only GM, Ford, Toyota and Fiat/Chrysler are ahead of Honda, and of those four, only Fiat/Chrysler had a 2014 increase comparable with Nissan.

We always get lots of negativity on this board regarding Nissan products, but the market place seems to disagree. Other than Subaru, no major manufacturer is increasing sales nearly at the rate Fiat/Chrysler and Nissan are.
Old 01-16-2015, 01:22 AM

Ghosn was correct regarding the 11% increase for Nissan in 2014. In fact, the exact number was 11.1%. Nissan sold 1,386,895 vehicles in the U.S. in 2014. That was more than Hyundai (725,718) and Kia (580,2340) combined, and closing in on Honda (1,540,872), who had only a 1.1% increase in U.S. sales in 2014. Only GM, Ford, Toyota and Fiat/Chrysler are ahead of Honda, and of those four, only Fiat/Chrysler had a 2014 increase comparable with Nissan.

We always get lots of negativity on this board regarding Nissan products, but the market place seems to disagree. Other than Subaru, no major manufacturer is increasing sales nearly at the rate Fiat/Chrysler and Nissan are.
Didn't realize the sales were so high, that's incredible. Thanks for that bit of info Light!
Old 01-16-2015, 03:58 AM

^^ You guys are right. But something tells me they wont be so lucky this next year.

The entire Infiniti line is a cluster**** right now and is really hurting Nissan plus they got new Murano, and new Titan and Maxima models coming out this year which means they'll more than likely get dragged down by new model blues.
Old 01-23-2015, 07:21 PM

************************************************** *******************************
************************************************** *******************************
****************************** OFFICIAL COUNTDOWN *******************************

As of today, Friday, January 23, 2015, it is 68 days until the press corps attending the opening of the New
York International Auto Show on April 1st, 2015 begins transmitting photos from all angles of the 8th
generation Maxima for all the world to see.

Just 68 days. Nine weeks and five days. Such a short period, yet such a long period for those of us who have
been literally waiting for years to see the real thing.

One saving grace is that we already have a pretty good idea what the 8th gen Maxima looks like. It will be
quite similar to the Nissan Concept 4 door sports sedan. Another distinct possibility is that we will see better
spy shots before the official intro. The excitement is building. At least it is building with me. I am already
planning great trips to take in my 8th gen Maxima.

Last edited by lightonthehill; 01-23-2015 at 07:28 PM.
Old 01-23-2015, 09:22 PM

This is interesting, the Altima is getting a Major refresh for 16. Nissan should have waited a tad for this.....Altima will sell regardless, despite this upcoming Maxima. If they do it good it will continue to be a thorn in the Maximas back as it has been for years now.http://www.autoblog.com/2015/01/20/n...-refresh-2016/

Last edited by MONTE 01&97 SE; 01-23-2015 at 09:27 PM.
Old 01-24-2015, 05:43 AM

****************************** OFFICIAL COUNTDOWN *******************************

As of today, Friday, January 23, 2015, it is 68 days until the press corps attending the opening of the New
York International Auto Show on April 1st, 2015 begins transmitting photos from all angles of the 8th
generation Maxima for all the world to see.

Just 68 days. Nine weeks and five days. Such a short period, yet such a long period for those of us who have
been literally waiting for years to see the real thing.

One saving grace is that we already have a pretty good idea what the 8th gen Maxima looks like. It will be
quite similar to the Nissan Concept 4 door sports sedan. Another distinct possibility is that we will see better
spy shots before the official intro. The excitement is building. At least it is building with me. I am already
planning great trips to take in my 8th gen Maxima.
It would be good if our members in the tri-state area (CT, NJ, NY) could have a Maxima.org meet there at Jacob Javits in NYC on show weekend and send back some pictures and comments.
Old 01-24-2015, 07:36 AM

Originally Posted by MONTE 01&97 SE
This is interesting, the Altima is getting a Major refresh for 16. Nissan should have waited a tad for this.....Altima will sell regardless, despite this upcoming Maxima. If they do it good it will continue to be a thorn in the Maximas back as it has been for years now.http://www.autoblog.com/2015/01/20/n...-refresh-2016/
Another revamp!?!?!
Old 01-24-2015, 07:42 AM

Another revamp!?!?!
Old news but here's a 2016 Altima concept video..

As designed by Mr. Taiji Toyota

Last edited by CS_AR; 01-24-2015 at 07:45 AM.
Old 01-24-2015, 07:57 AM

^
That's fugly and looks more like a 2 door Maxima
Old 01-24-2015, 01:25 PM

Another revamp!?!?!
Yeah, but it will not be that car above. It will retain its current body with major updates to its styling.
Old 01-25-2015, 09:20 PM

I think the 8th gen Maxima will be the one that leaves the Altima behind. Those who have driven both in the past decade have generally been able to tell that the Maxima was more fun to drive than the Altima, had better interior appointments, and the upscale Maxima had bells and whistles not available on the upscale Altima. Most folks I have asked say they prefer the very old styling of the 7th gen Maxima to the styling of any generation Altima.

When we consider that the base Altima can be driven off almost any Atlanta area Nissan dealer lot for $16,900, it is very clear Nissan is not putting the depth of quality into the Altima that is does with the Maxima. The MSRP for a fully loaded Altima is around the starting point for a base Maxima. The MSRP range for the Altima is around $22K to $32K, while the MSRP range for the Maxima is around $32K to $42K. The Maxima range will probably rise slightly for the 8 th gen. These are two cars that would not normally be compared against each other. There are over a dozen other vehicles that are vastly more comparable to the Altima than the Maxima is.

There are many reasons folks would choose the Maxima over the Altima. The most obvious one is that there are some folks who prefer to drive a vehicle that is not filling up every other parking slot in every parking lot in the country.

Last edited by lightonthehill; 01-25-2015 at 09:26 PM.
Old 01-25-2015, 09:27 PM

^
Different case in Canada
Old 01-25-2015, 09:34 PM

^
Different case in Canada

VERY different in Canada, and that is why we don't see many recent year Maximas north of the border. If I lived in Canada, the wonderful, beautiful Maxima would sadly not be on my shopping list. Of course I would only be interested in 4WD or AWD vehicles if I lived in the beautiful northlands of Canada. I suppose Subaru Forrester would be the first vehicle I would check out if I lived in Saskatoon or Winnipeg.

Quick Reply: The 8th generation Maxima...prototypes, news, updates, rumors and more