8th Generation Maxima (2016-) Let's see what Nissan has to offer on the 8th generation Maxima

The 8th generation Maxima...prototypes, news, updates, rumors and more

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2015, 06:54 AM

Well guys now you know what the 8th is gonna look like its the end of the road for me my 6th gen the Cat the transmission and the alternator went at the same time so I got rid of it about 4 days I bought an M45 for temporary way to get of around so i'm officially out of the Maxima business.
Old 02-02-2015, 07:34 AM

Originally Posted by Chris Alexander
Well guys now you know what the 8th is gonna look like its the end of the road for me my 6th gen the Cat the transmission and the alternator went at the same time so I got rid of it about 4 days I bought an M45 for temporary way to get of around so i'm officially out of the Maxima business.
Now you're getting into some V8 Nissan fun. How do you like the VK45DE?

Sent from my Z998 using Maxima
Old 02-02-2015, 10:08 AM

CS_AR a whole lot better and a whole lot smoother that thing has a super tight suspension but overall it feels 10x better than my 6th gen but I dont wanna brag too much i did that with my 6th and it fell apart mpg is about the same its not too bad.

Last edited by Chris Alexander; 02-02-2015 at 10:12 AM.
Old 02-02-2015, 12:36 PM

Originally Posted by Propa Teknique
could customize every single aspect of it
GTR drivetrain!!!
Old 02-02-2015, 12:40 PM

Originally Posted by mr2cool80
it definitely looks very "IS'ish".
not a bad thing at all.
Old 02-02-2015, 12:57 PM

Originally Posted by Hokie350Z
I'm betting you're right since the top of the line Murano, Pathfinder, Quest and Armada are called Platinum.

Now here's to hoping there will be a NISMO version!
I hope there is no Nismo; because I do not wish to $pend more money!
Old 02-02-2015, 04:07 PM

Just in case anyone may have missed it, the 'powers that be' have already installed a new board here on maxima.org for the 8th gen Maxima. Talk about being on top of things . . .
Old 02-02-2015, 04:18 PM

Originally Posted by lightonthehill
Just in case anyone may have missed it, the 'powers that be' have already installed a new board here on maxima.org for the 8th gen Maxima. Talk about being on top of things . . .
Nissan gonna make a killin with the new max...3+ million views in less than 48hrs...
Old 02-02-2015, 04:25 PM

Originally Posted by nestorlugo
Nissan gonna make a killin with the new max...3+ million views in less than 48hrs...
The youtube was already at 3.4 MM a few minutes ago.. There was a popup that asked for its vote as the best super bowl ad.

Be sure to vote if you haven't already.
Old 02-02-2015, 04:44 PM

Y'all need to float around to more sites. Most people have been hatin' on the new design. Given the internet is full of negativity, but I'd still say most people are not liking the design. I know people will really rag on the Maxima if it's the same old VQ with a CVT(which it is expected to be).

So far I still like it- it's not near as stunning as the SSC(which set my expectations high), but I am trying to stay ambivalent until I see more pics.

The one evident thing is that Nissan is a former shell of it's performance oriented heritage. Hopefully they will prove me wrong by making the IDX, giving the Z a serious diet and the o' so popular neo-retro design (a'la Mustang, Challenger), and provide NISMO models of the Maxima with the Mercedes 3.0TT and a seriously tricked traction package.
Old 02-02-2015, 04:59 PM

Originally Posted by 95VQ30
Y'all need to float around to more sites. Most people have been hatin' on the new design. Given the internet is full of negativity, but I'd still say most people are not liking the design. I know people will really rag on the Maxima if it's the same old VQ with a CVT(which it is expected to be).

So far I still like it- it's not near as stunning as the SSC(which set my expectations high), but I am trying to stay ambivalent until I see more pics.

The one evident thing is that Nissan is a former shell of it's performance oriented heritage. Hopefully they will prove me wrong by making the IDX, giving the Z a serious diet and the o' so popular neo-retro design (a'la Mustang, Challenger), and provide NISMO models of the Maxima with the Mercedes 3.0TT and a seriously tricked traction package.
I think Nissan would rather have 1 MM people that hate the look with another 1 MM that absolutely love it than 2 MM that didn't notice or said nothing..
Old 02-03-2015, 07:18 AM

Picture from Nissan

Go to this link for a fresh picture from Nissan of the 2016 Maxima

http://nissannews.com/en-US/nissan/usa
Old 02-03-2015, 07:31 AM

Originally Posted by Randy
Go to this link for a fresh picture from Nissan of the 2016 Maxima

http://nissannews.com/en-US/nissan/usa
I made a thread with the pics earlier.

https://maxima.org/forums/8th-genera...se-photos.html
Old 02-03-2015, 01:41 PM

Who thinks the 8th gen is beautiful and will be a success and who thinks its ugly and looks like a mountain goat on crack? tell me your opinion Patriots vs Seahawks.

Last edited by Chris Alexander; 02-03-2015 at 01:44 PM.
Old 02-03-2015, 01:55 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Who thinks the 8th gen is beautiful and will be a success and who thinks its ugly and looks like a mountain goat on crack? tell me your opinion Patriots vs Seahawks.

Personally I think it's a clear step forward obviously from gen 7. I just don't see how it looks any different from the Q50's and IS's of the world lol. But then again I havent seen it up close so my judgement remains reserved nonetheless. I don't think it's "beautiful" per se but I do expect it to be a huge success. There's just something about gen 7 imo that will forever remain timeless lol. Just my thoughts
Old 02-03-2015, 02:17 PM

Originally Posted by Rochester
Except that they don't "fill the wheel well", LOTH. They tuck pretty severely, just like all the models before it. Go look at the 1:26 mark on the video (below)

And the wheels themselves are awful. Directional spokes should sweep backwards, not forward. Moreover, I suspect they didn't design a left-side/right-side rim. That's a fail, no matter how many times it's done.

As for the commercial itself... all is forgiven when the absentee father shows up in a new family sedan. Yeah, nice messaging there, Nissan.

I agree, and unfortunately in the "real" world besides the Maxima is almost "holy grail fans no matter what" in here the new styling for the most part is not getting great reviews from other observers. I agree with many by saying its way to over styled. http://backfires.caranddriver.com/fo...-maxima?page=3
Old 02-03-2015, 02:40 PM

I didn't like it in the superbowl commercial, have to be honest there. And at this point that red they used in commercial makes me wanna puke.

But...when I saw the pics from nissannews that were posted here, I liked it a whole lot. And the real bright red color in those pics looks really good on that car, reminds me of the red 99 SE-L' from back in the day

Btw, I remember when the 5th gen was introduced how many people hated on the looks and "weird black tail lights" but then they were all over the roads.
Old 02-03-2015, 03:11 PM

Originally Posted by D.Stillwell
I didn't like it in the superbowl commercial, have to be honest there. And at this point that red they used in commercial makes me wanna puke.

But...when I saw the pics from nissannews that were posted here, I liked it a whole lot. And the real bright red color in those pics looks really good on that car, reminds me of the red 99 SE-L' from back in the day

Btw, I remember when the 5th gen was introduced how many people hated on the looks and "weird black tail lights" but then they were all over the roads.
Yeah Gen's 4 to 7 have there haters initially on styling cues.

Liked Gens by most/press
Gen 2 nothing to hate
Gen 3 beautiful inside and out and still is.

Some hate Gens most/press
4= 95' They hated weird shape of the butt/rear end.
5=00' Indeed they hated the crescent moon tailights (look how many current cars have sim. now Mercedes etc)
6=04' They really hated the front grill (tooth as it was called) and the fat rear end.
7=09' They hated the boomerang headlights
Old 02-03-2015, 04:19 PM

[QUOTE= The one evident thing is that Nissan is a former shell of it's performance oriented heritage. Hopefully they will prove me wrong by making the IDX, giving the Z a serious diet and the o' so popular neo-retro design (a'la Mustang, Challenger), and provide NISMO models of the Maxima with the Mercedes 3.0TT and a seriously tricked traction package.[/QUOTE]

Your wishes are right on par with mine.
Old 02-04-2015, 06:20 AM

Moreover, I suspect they didn't design a left-side/right-side rim. That's a fail, no matter how many times it's done.
I've never seen that done by any mainstream auto manufacturer - ever.
Old 02-04-2015, 07:25 AM

Far as the 8th gen goes I think you guys diserve a sharper and more innovative Maxima but that's just my opinion.
Old 02-04-2015, 07:40 AM

looking for specs.
Where's the beef?!
Old 02-04-2015, 11:05 AM

Originally Posted by gizzsdad

Early 90s Acura Integra did that
Old 02-04-2015, 01:32 PM

Originally Posted by D.Stillwell
You mean these? Yeah, not the best feature on the 5th Gen.

Old 02-04-2015, 02:11 PM

You mean these? Yeah, not the best feature on the 5th Gen.
neon
Old 02-04-2015, 05:05 PM

Originally Posted by CS_AR
I think Nissan would rather have 1 MM people that hate the look with another 1 MM that absolutely love it than 2 MM that didn't notice or said nothing..
I agree. Additionally, It's so irritating to hear and see people talking about how the car should look like this car or should take designs from this car. Why can't Nissan be truly unique? If the car looked like a Mustang or a Challenger then wouldn't it be a Mustang or Challenger and not a Maxima?

I think it's just important to still be patient until the car is road ready or at least in the showroom. We have barely seen all the angles and views, don't know the options, are uninformed about the dimensions, and haven't even gotten any in the showroom.

The negative comments are great because it sparks a conversation and it also settles disputes by those who know more. It also keeps the buzz about the vehicle going. The SB ad is already over 9.5 million and Jalopnik already has over 1,000 posts with endless replies to those posts.

The good comments simply reinforce loyalty and confidence. I'm loving the design and I don't see all the other borrowed designs from Accord, Impala, Mazda 6, Charger, Lexus, and Mustang that people are talking about. No car will be 100% liked, probably not even 70% liked but these people know what they are doing.
Old 02-04-2015, 05:09 PM

Originally Posted by gizzsdad
What exactly does he mean by left side/right side trim?

Far as the 8th gen goes I think you guys diserve a sharper and more innovative Maxima but that's just my opinion.
What's not sharp or innovative about it?
Old 02-04-2015, 06:03 PM

I agree. Additionally, It's so irritating to hear and see people talking about how the car should look like this car or should take designs from this car. Why can't Nissan be truly unique? If the car looked like a Mustang or a Challenger then wouldn't it be a Mustang or Challenger and not a Maxima?

I think it's just important to still be patient until the car is road ready or at least in the showroom. We have barely seen all the angles and views, don't know the options, are uninformed about the dimensions, and haven't even gotten any in the showroom.

The negative comments are great because it sparks a conversation and it also settles disputes by those who know more. It also keeps the buzz about the vehicle going. The SB ad is already over 9.5 million and Jalopnik already has over 1,000 posts with endless replies to those posts.

The good comments simply reinforce loyalty and confidence. I'm loving the design and I don't see all the other borrowed designs from Accord, Impala, Mazda 6, Charger, Lexus, and Mustang that people are talking about. No car will be 100% liked, probably not even 70% liked but these people know what they are doing.
Hey Propa you can try to be unique, but unique does not sell units a lot. The last TL was a great example of that with horrible sales and a polarizing design. This segment of cars that the Max is lumped into now "full size" Avalon, Impala etc, those folks really do not care for overly done exteriors. Maxima's main demographics are over 50 yr old professionals despite us younger Maxima enthusiast in here. They tend to care more for comfort creatures in the cabin etc etc

Last edited by MONTE 01&97 SE; 02-04-2015 at 06:07 PM.
Old 02-05-2015, 01:15 AM

Originally Posted by MONTE 01&97 SE
Hey Propa you can try to be unique, but unique does not sell units a lot. The last TL was a great example of that with horrible sales and a polarizing design. This segment of cars that the Max is lumped into now "full size" Avalon, Impala etc, those folks really do not care for overly done exteriors. Maxima's main demographics are over 50 yr old professionals despite us younger Maxima enthusiast in here. They tend to care more for comfort creatures in the cabin etc etc
MONTE - You are correct that there will be a lot of younger Maxima fans that may not dig this new style. But you are a little off the mark when you talk about 'polarizing designs.' The styling on this new Maxima is not that far out of the mainstream. The Kia Soul and Nissan Cube are polarizing designs. This new Maxima is not far from mainstream.

Propa is correct that this style will be a hit with the target audience Nissan is aiming at. I saw in yesterday's newspaper that Nissan sales jumped 15% over the same month a year ago, and are doing well. That is their primary objective - to sell vehicles. And this Maxima WILL sell, and it will sell to all age groups, not just the young or the old.
Old 02-05-2015, 06:10 AM

What exactly does he mean by left side/right side trim?
Rim, not trim.

The wheels on the new Maxima have a design element that is reversed on the opposite side of the car... unless they are manufactured as left-side or right-side, like the old Corvette sawblades.
Old 02-05-2015, 07:33 AM

Propa Teknique What do I mean by the 8th gen by the 8th gen not being good enough? That thing should look like this and better than what it is not second hand at best. Can't speak on how it drives because we haven't got to that point but right now Nissan is giving us something that's an improvement than the last but not the greatest when it should be turning heads. It's a Maxima not a Camry suppose to look like fine art on the road not a Mountain goat on Meth.

The front end looks like him.

Name:  114_zpsaf847666.jpg
Views: 432
Size:  36.0 KB

Last edited by Chris Alexander; 02-05-2015 at 07:50 AM.
Old 02-05-2015, 09:39 AM

As far as drivetrain and interior, expect more of the same. Cvt, fwd, vq engine less output than Infiniti. This is just an evolution not a revolution of a car. Interior will not be the concept because like most concepts that stuff is for show. I'm sure you guys will mod these new ones out to look much cooler but it is what it is. They sell Nissans not Maseratis. Love my Nissan :-)
Old 02-05-2015, 09:58 AM

The 8th gen and then the Altima gets better watch in 2016 they're gonna make it more similar if not a step above you'll see. That's why the Maxima coming needs to be better so the Altima can't step on its toes as in the past. Nissan can do alot better I don't wanna see yall boys dissapointed as we were with the previous two generations.

That looks more like a Mazda
http://jalopnik.com/2016-nissan-maxi...r-s-1683457637

Last edited by Chris Alexander; 02-05-2015 at 10:07 AM.
Old 02-05-2015, 10:58 AM

Originally Posted by lightonthehill
MONTE - You are correct that there will be a lot of younger Maxima fans that may not dig this new style. But you are a little off the mark when you talk about 'polarizing designs.' The styling on this new Maxima is not that far out of the mainstream. The Kia Soul and Nissan Cube are polarizing designs. This new Maxima is not far from mainstream.

Propa is correct that this style will be a hit with the target audience Nissan is aiming at. I saw in yesterday's newspaper that Nissan sales jumped 15% over the same month a year ago, and are doing well. That is their primary objective - to sell vehicles. And this Maxima WILL sell, and it will sell to all age groups, not just the young or the old.
Light I will say that I`m not far of the track at all, I have and know just as much Maxima knowledge as you do. Maximas may sell a tad bit initially, but shortly after they tend to depend on a lot of fleet sales (hertz, and the national family is pick your color Maxima). Also to get them sold they have to offer huge/rebates and incentives and thats fact, which is why the resale value of them is not the best.
Old 02-05-2015, 11:05 AM

The 8th gen and then the Altima gets better watch in 2016 they're gonna make it more similar if not a step above you'll see. That's why the Maxima coming needs to be better so the Altima can't step on its toes as in the past. Nissan can do alot better I don't wanna see yall boys dissapointed as we were with the previous two generations.

That looks more like a Mazda
http://jalopnik.com/2016-nissan-maxi...r-s-1683457637
I agree, I hope its good. They can`t afford to mess the Alti up with its refresh, you see it back to number 2 in sales this year behind Camry?
Old 02-05-2015, 01:01 PM

Light I will say that I`m not far of the track at all, I have and know just as much Maxima knowledge as you do. Maximas may sell a tad bit initially, but shortly after they tend to depend on a lot of fleet sales (hertz, and the national family is pick your color Maxima). Also to get them sold they have to offer huge/rebates and incentives and thats fact, which is why the resale value of them is not the best.
I thought the 300 was the go to for rental agencies?
Old 02-05-2015, 02:35 PM

Originally Posted by george__
I thought the 300 was the go to for rental agencies?
Maxima's by far out number 300's, Avalons and the New Impala as premium car rental. I rent aloooot for work, everytime I'm at Hertz they offer me a Maxima, I want something different from time to time. When you walk to your car you see tons of Maxima's, especially at National but at least there you can choose your own car in your reserved area.
Old 02-05-2015, 03:10 PM

Originally Posted by 2003MaximaMan
looking for specs.
Where's the beef?!
Early speculation is the same 3.5VQ with a CVT but pushing at least 300HP

I'm still hoping for the 3.0TT or a different transmission option(PLEASE NISSAN!!!!!!! - the CVT sux) given that the LM race car is a FF set up
Old 02-05-2015, 04:18 PM

Just read an article Nissan will release a new Nismo model during the Chicago auto show, some are speculating maybe that Nismo Sentra we saw last year or Versa.... I'm off track hoping it is a nismo version of this new Maxima. Far fetched but maybe that would expand sales of the maxima and hold true to the "4DSC" we all are hoping they bring back.

http://www.autoblog.com/2015/02/04/n...hicago-report/

Last edited by river57; 02-05-2015 at 04:25 PM.
Old 02-05-2015, 05:06 PM

Maxima's by far out number 300's, Avalons and the New Impala as premium car rental. I rent aloooot for work, everytime I'm at Hertz they offer me a Maxima, I want something different from time to time. When you walk to your car you see tons of Maxima's, especially at National but at least there you can choose your own car in your reserved area.
Oh man that's no good for Maxima's image

Quick Reply: The 8th generation Maxima...prototypes, news, updates, rumors and more