General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

What gives w/ these Eclipses??

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2001, 11:49 AM
MaxedOut97SE

Originally posted by turbolover2
No, he said he would lose.

Maximas and Eclipse are two different types of cars. They really shouldnt be compared. Maximas are luxurious sedans, while Eclipses are sports cars. Stock against stock, the newer Maximas are about just as fast a turbo DSM, but I dont know anyone who still has a stock turbo DSM. DSMs really show their power when you start modding them, thats where they shine. Who cares what they do stock, cause anyone thats into cars (luxury, sports, or whatever) doesnt leave their car stock for long.

Im not trying to start a fight guys, Im just defending my car.
It's all gravy.

Old 09-23-2001, 11:51 AM

Originally posted by turbolover2
No, he said he would lose.

Maximas and Eclipse are two different types of cars. They really shouldnt be compared. Maximas are luxurious sedans, while Eclipses are sports cars. Stock against stock, the newer Maximas are about just as fast a turbo DSM, but I dont know anyone who still has a stock turbo DSM. DSMs really show their power when you start modding them, thats where they shine. Who cares what they do stock, cause anyone thats into cars (luxury, sports, or whatever) doesnt leave their car stock for long.

Im not trying to start a fight guys, Im just defending my car.
Well put.

WHo likes their cars to be stock either.

I guess i misread before, sorry.
Old 09-23-2001, 12:31 PM
ybelm620

Yeah my freind just modded his GS-T and it is sick. We are going to Etown on oct 13 see what is doing, but behave when you see one of those, they will have no mercy. It is true all DSM owners are very or too overconfident in their cars but then its turbo people all together. I am actaully lookinh for one of those cars but they are hard to come buy, I sell my max in a minute for a GS-t Or a GSX, fast very fast.

Old 09-23-2001, 12:49 PM
Eat, sleep, and sh*t 2JZ

Agreed.........

my friend has had more mech. probs in the last 6 months than I have had in the 3 years I've had my car! and no his lifters are bad and some other crap going wrong....DSMs are quick, but reliability gets a -10 from me!

Originally posted by Synki
Granted, they are fast but i dont feel they are reliable one bit. That is why i did end up sellin mine. That and the fact that the tranny dropped 3 times in 6 months.
Old 09-23-2001, 12:52 PM
All YOUR grammer belong to me

I think of my Maxima as a SPORTS sedan. Kinda like a lesser BMW M3. Given the fact a '95 stock 5spd could hussle to 60mph in just 6.5 seconds, I wouldn't sign the Max off as a "Luxury sedan" by any means. And especially wouldn't compare it to an accord/camry/miata by ANY means.

Hell I got in an accident the other day and the cop even told me "You gotta watch out for people. You have a fast car there, people will try to provoke you and race you."

A cop doesn't tell you that unless your car is fast. The Maxima is by no means 'just another sedan'
Old 09-23-2001, 01:06 PM

Re: Hmmm.

Originally posted by Washington DC Maxima
I haven't lost to one yet but I've never raced one above 120. Maybe the DC crew should stake out 495 in MO county and get his a$$ for you#;>)
I moved out of Baltimore almost 2 years ago and I miss the DC metro races, Norther Parkway, route 70...etc. There is one Eclipse that frequents Metro and Northern Parkway (at least he did 2 years ago). It was white, and it said "Boosted" on the license plate. The guy runs low 12's w/ NOS. He's damn fast. But, there's another guy, I only used to see him at the Parkway meet, he owns an auto shop on Liberty Rd, he has an orange Eclipse GS!!!! Do not sleep on this. It looks 110% stock, except for the intercooler in the front. Otherwise, this looks like a piece of **** old *** eclipse. He runs high 9's in his f*cking sleep. It's an older white guy, hell of a nice guy, and if you ever see him, he can hook up some bad-a$$ custom performace parts for your maxima.
Old 09-23-2001, 01:56 PM
Maxima.org Sponsor and Donating Maxima.org Member

Originally posted by Craig Mack

A cop doesn't tell you that unless your car is fast. The Maxima is by no means 'just another sedan'

so true.
Old 09-23-2001, 03:14 PM
MaxedOut97SE

Originally posted by dmbmaxima88

so true.

I second that. 6.6 seconds to 60 from only 190 hp is amazing. That shows how superb the VQ is.