Group Deals / Sponsors Forum Find out more information on group deals that are going on for Maxima parts from our Sponsors.

D2 Racing Coilovers. $700 SHIPPED. do NOT miss out !

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2005, 10:52 PM

Update = they are at the LA port awaiting to be shipped to NJ by train. Should be about 5 business days for that and then they will go through customs and then they can ship

Thank you all for your patience, you should all be doctors, get it?
Old 02-01-2005, 05:49 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Originally Posted by mark240
Update = they are at the LA port awaiting to be shipped to NJ by train. Should be about 5 business days for that and then they will go through customs and then they can ship

Thanks for the follow up Mark. So is it safe to assume we have about 2 more weeks before we receive the setup? I am in NJ if that matters.
Old 02-01-2005, 08:06 AM
The original VQ...

damm so these are still in cali, then they go to NJ, then to NC were you ship them to us?
Old 02-01-2005, 08:33 AM
Moderator running more PSI than all the boosted Maximas... combined

Mark....you mentioned you are not a D2 distributor anymore. So how would people get warranty repair done?
Old 02-01-2005, 04:23 PM

any way us Cali ppl can just get our coils now and skip the whole "Leave Cali, Goto NJ, goto NC, then go back to Cali" route??
Old 02-01-2005, 05:24 PM

Originally Posted by DpG $h0rTeE
any way us Cali ppl can just get our coils now and skip the whole "Leave Cali, Goto NJ, goto NC, then go back to Cali" route??
thats what i was hoping for too
Old 02-01-2005, 06:30 PM
RaWr!!! ('''_(o_O)_''')

i sure would like that too, but its not gonna happen. the coils are still on one huge box. mark has no control over them and there for cant find and pick out the few california orders and have them routed to us instead.
Old 02-01-2005, 06:40 PM

Thanks for the update, Mark
Old 02-01-2005, 09:44 PM

Aaaaaaaaahhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:bawl ing:
Old 02-01-2005, 10:13 PM
VIP Maxima

so how many inches is everyone planning to lower their car (assuming ur not already dropped)???

im thinkin 3.25"

Old 02-01-2005, 10:39 PM
RaWr!!! ('''_(o_O)_''')

no more than 2.5. im at 1.7 now and its just a little too high. any more than 2.5 with a kit its too low and will make daily driving WAY to hard, atleast it woul be here. there are a lot of hills and steap driveways.
Old 02-01-2005, 11:08 PM

I'm thinking about 1.7 to 2.0
Old 02-02-2005, 06:12 AM

Sorry I got NJ confused with NC. They are coming from CA to NC and then will go through customs. They cannot be picked up in CA as they have not yet cleared customs
Old 02-02-2005, 09:16 AM
Horra!!

Hi Mark. Can you please answer 1MAX2NV?

Originally Posted by 1MAX2NV
Mark....you mentioned you are not a D2 distributor anymore. So how would people get warranty repair done?
Old 02-02-2005, 09:35 AM

We will be taking care of warranty issues via email as we are still a retailer of the product.
Old 02-02-2005, 10:29 AM

Mark...the problem is. I can't get D2 in Taiwan to respond to my email for warranty claim. I guess I'll have to call them and try to resolve this with my poor Mandarin. It could be months before I can my replacement parts. But not everbody on this board can communicate with D2, so what can you do as a retailer? Couldn't you get them to ship you some extra strut inserts? You ordered such a large amount and I'm sure D2 can expedite warranty claim this way. I'm stuck with a blown strut for 5 months now.

We will be taking care of warranty issues via email as we are still a retailer of the product.
Old 02-03-2005, 05:57 AM

Mark, I am sure you understand that everyone appreciates this great Group Deal that you have put together for us. However I am a little worried about all the blown struts that are being reported from fellow org members. What I am getting at here is that if I were to encounter a blown strut how long would it take before I can get a replacement. Reason I am asking such a generic question is that I cannot do without my ride for more than a week. With that being said here are a few questions:

1. Is D2 doing anything to resolve the numerous complaints of blow struts?
2. Are you going to stock extra struts?
3. If you will not be stocking extra struts, how long will it take a replacement strut to get to NJ?
4. How long of a warranty are we going to have on this product?
5. Do you have any tutorial on how to replace the strut inserts?

Sorry for all the questions but I think it's better to be pro-active than re-active especially when I cannot be without my car for a week. Thanks Mark?

By the way can you give us a date on when we will be receiving the struts? I understand that they are going through customs....etc. But I would like you to give us a date on when we can expect them.
Old 02-03-2005, 07:38 AM
The original VQ...

damm i realy regret buying these... The coilovers are so bad mark doesnt even want to sell them anymore!!!

this is bull, since mark doesnt sell them we can't do **** if something breaks...

I dont think there is a possible way to contact D2 directly, is there??
Old 02-03-2005, 07:49 AM

There is a telephone number on their website that I'm going to call. I can speak mandrian in like 6th grade level but I'm going to give it a shot.

Originally Posted by maxspeed96CT
damm i realy regret buying these... The coilovers are so bad mark doesnt even want to sell them anymore!!!

this is bull, since mark doesnt sell them we can't do **** if something breaks...

Old 02-03-2005, 09:21 AM
VIP Maxima

Old 02-03-2005, 09:44 AM

I'm really looking forward to getting them installed. My stock suspension is trashed and the rear end hits the bump stops everytime it drops down the curb from my driveway due to the stereo equipment in the trunk. I also have all the GC bushings & porterfield pads. I'm waiting for everything to get here though, because I only want to tear it apart once.
Old 02-03-2005, 09:51 AM

Originally Posted by Dohcser
Mark, I am sure you understand that everyone appreciates this great Group Deal that you have put together for us. However I am a little worried about all the blown struts that are being reported from fellow org members. What I am getting at here is that if I were to encounter a blown strut how long would it take before I can get a replacement. Reason I am asking such a generic question is that I cannot do without my ride for more than a week. With that being said here are a few questions:

3. If you will not be stocking extra struts, how long will it take a replacement strut to get to NJ?

Sorry for all the questions but I think it's better to be pro-active than re-active especially when I cannot be without my car for a week. Thanks Mark?

By the way can you give us a date on when we will be receiving the struts? I understand that they are going through customs....etc. But I would like you to give us a date on when we can expect them.
Mark, is it true that you will not be carrying these coilovers anymore? If so what happens to our warranty? Also please answer the questions above when you respond to this one.
Old 02-03-2005, 10:01 AM
VIP Maxima

Originally Posted by Dohcser
Mark, is it true that you will not be carrying these coilovers anymore? If so what happens to our warranty? Also please answer the questions above when you respond to this one.

Old 02-03-2005, 11:33 AM

im so glad i didn't get on this deal. some much bullsh!t, and poor product reports. thats a huge price to be paying to get negetive reports in just a few months. And wasn't the price going up or something?..LMAO. good luck to all with problems.

-rafal
Old 02-03-2005, 11:38 AM
VIP Maxima

Originally Posted by greenmax95se
im so glad i didn't get on this deal. some much bullsh!t, and poor product reports. thats a huge price to be paying to get negetive reports in just a few months. And wasn't the price going up or something?..LMAO. good luck to all with problems.

-rafal

so many smart a$$es around here. we'll let you know how the second shipment is, for now u can ASSume all u want...

funny thing is that a genius like you was 4 months ahead of the rest of us and already knew about product quality and "some much bullsh!t" that was about to come. explains why u didnt get on this deal.

Old 02-03-2005, 11:47 AM
The original VQ...

if this is so why does 1max2nv have to call over directly to D2,

He sad he has to speak mandrian, and most of us on this forums cant....

and i also see other members complianing about lots of noise and no warrenty help..

i hope for the best but im preparing for the worst
Old 02-03-2005, 04:33 PM

When did we mention once that we will not be selling D2 coilovers anymore? They are one of our hottest items. We just are not going to be the USA distributer for them anymore, instead we will deal with the USA distributer and act as a retailer. If you need to contact D2, try sending them an email. Keep sending until they reply. The warranty issues were from a few sets in the first batch, not all of them. The ones that are coming in should be the upgraded version and shouldn't have any problems.

Warranty issues are not a problem
Old 02-03-2005, 04:35 PM

if this is so why does 1max2nv have to call over directly to D2,

He sad he has to speak mandrian, and most of us on this forums cant....

and i also see other members complianing about lots of noise and no warrenty help..

i hope for the best but im preparing for the worst
He didn't have to call over to Taiwan, he just assumed it might be more efficient to get information or a replacement than dealing with me directly as warranty issues can take a couple weeks to be resolved. All warranty claims must be made by email. Not forum, not pm, and not aol.
Old 02-03-2005, 04:37 PM

Obviously or they will have legal issues.

I am not but I am sure the USA distributer will as time comes

Warranty issues should take a couple weeks to be completely resolved

1 year

No, it is very straight forward and if you need tech support you can call a retailer or distributer of the product.

In a week or so
Old 02-03-2005, 05:31 PM

Intersting that we have to deal with these haters every couple of pages or so. Whoever said they're happy they did not get in this deal... WE ARE HAPPY TOO!!! Because we don't need whiners like you to b!tch over every little thing and only slow down and complicate the process.
Old 02-03-2005, 08:56 PM
The original VQ...

got it, i just wanted to make sure cause i sure, i would want to be calling tiawan for warrenty stuff... a week or so sounds good!
Old 02-03-2005, 09:34 PM

I think I recall Mark stating if they do not arrive by the end of January, he will refund the money to anyone who asks. My suggestion is everyone get there money back and start a GD on JIC's!!!! At least there won't be any of this crap with them!
Old 02-03-2005, 09:51 PM
VIP Maxima

Originally Posted by timmy g
I think I recall Mark stating if they do not arrive by the end of January, he will refund the money to anyone who asks. My suggestion is everyone get there money back and start a GD on JIC's!!!! At least there won't be any of this crap with them!
and i suggest you turn around and hit the "BACK" button before i get pi$$ed off again....

$700 D2 vs $1700 JIC. we dont grow money around here, i dunno about ur backyard.

Old 02-03-2005, 11:47 PM
RaWr!!! ('''_(o_O)_''')

timmy, please stop posting here. your opinions are not needed or wanted. you are not helping anyone by posting things like that. i for one am not about to cancle my order simply because a few people have had problems, with the very first batch of these no less.
Old 02-04-2005, 12:52 AM

I think they should have left this thread locked. No more usefull information is being provided other than "hurry up and wait". So thats what we should do...just sit there and wait for the UPS man to come.
Old 02-04-2005, 12:55 AM
Wat

98: just because you disagree doesnt mean he is wrong

96: I think there are a few ppl that feel the same way as timmy, just because you dont doesnt mean you should stifle him.

Zamochy: We will give it another week
Old 02-04-2005, 06:57 AM

When did we mention once that we will not be selling D2 coilovers anymore? They are one of our hottest items. We just are not going to be the USA distributer for them anymore, instead we will deal with the USA distributer and act as a retailer. If you need to contact D2, try sending them an email. Keep sending until they reply. The warranty issues were from a few sets in the first batch, not all of them. The ones that are coming in should be the upgraded version and shouldn't have any problems.

Warranty issues are not a problem
Obviously or they will have legal issues.

I am not but I am sure the USA distributer will as time comes

Warranty issues should take a couple weeks to be completely resolved

1 year

No, it is very straight forward and if you need tech support you can call a retailer or distributer of the product.

In a week or so
Mark240
I would first like to thank you for the group deal. I understand that the shipping and customs are out of your control. Also I appreciate you taking the time to answer the questions. The only thing I would like to make clear is that if I do have any issues, I will be contacting you directly and not D2 in Taiwan. Understand I know you never said we cannot contact you, I am just making it clear that you will be my contact for issues. Once again thank you.

PEOPLE
Give it a another week, Mark gave us a great deal on this and we are really beating him up here. I understand that it is long awaited as I was one of the first to order also, but think of the price we paid..... Also if we keep this up we may not have opportunities in the future for more great deals as such. Just my $.02
Old 02-04-2005, 07:41 AM

Mark,
Who's responding to your emails? It seems like you didn't want to help me with the warranty claim. The strut has been blown since late Sept but my car has been sitting. Now, I really need to get it fix before the show season starts. If you are going to help me with warranty claim, let me know who I should contact to get replacement strut insert. Is it www.urbanimport.com? Would they honor the warranty? I was the first 4th gen on D2 coilovers so I know I got one of the first batch with problems.

Here's why I'm contacting D2 directly, because whoever answered your email told me to. I didn't want to make this public, but something isn't adding up.

----- Original Message -----
To: Advtekk
Sent: Tuesday, January 25, 2005 7:10 PM
Subject: RE: Warranty

No D2 hasn't repond yet. Is there a US distributor I can work with?

Thanks,
Tony
-----Original Message-----
Sent: Monday, January 24, 2005 10:19 PM
To: Tony Chang - StarBand - MCL
Cc: d2racing
Subject: Re: Warranty

Has D2 responded yet? We are no longer a distributor of their products so the claims will have to be processed by D2 or one of their distributors. We have already sent them an email confirming that you bought them from us. Thank you

To: d2racing
Cc: Advtekk
Sent: Monday, January 24, 2005 11:21 AM
Subject: RE: Warranty

Maggie,
I haven't got any reply back from you about this warranty claim. Can you please let me know the status?

Thanks,
Tony
-----Original Message-----
Sent: Friday, January 07, 2005 12:47 PM
To: d2racing
Cc: Tony Chang - StarBand - MCL
Subject: Fw: Warranty

Dear Maggie, please handle this warranty claim for me. Thank you

To: sales@advtekk.com
Sent: Friday, January 07, 2005 12:21 PM
Subject: Warranty

Hi,
I purchased D2 Coilovers for my 1999 Nissan Maxima (A32) on August 18, 2004. Recently it started developed noise on the front driver side. It was noise free for a month. The noise is a clunking noise regardless of speed and direction. It happens whenever I hit a bump. I double checked and tighten down all the bolts. The noise still persist and it seems to be coming from inside of the strut.

Here's my order information. I pay via paypal. Payment Sent (ID #0PH83415A3063001P)
Here's my address.
Tony Chang
2416 Misty Dawn Court
Herndon, VA 20171
United States
Thanks,
Tony

He didn't have to call over to Taiwan, he just assumed it might be more efficient to get information or a replacement than dealing with me directly as warranty issues can take a couple weeks to be resolved. All warranty claims must be made by email. Not forum, not pm, and not aol.
Old 02-04-2005, 11:37 AM

Tony, just for reference, you do not have permission to post copies of your email correspondences with us on message boards.

As you can see, you made the claim through us and we forwarded your email to D2 in Taiwan. They sometimes have to be emailed a few times before replying as English is a barrier. I am still trying to find out the exact procedure for warranties from the D2 distributor in the USA. Needless to say, you have nothing to worry about getting your warranty replacements other than time as this is all a new system.
Old 02-04-2005, 12:29 PM
The original VQ...

Originally Posted by Zamochy
I think they should have left this thread locked. No more usefull information is being provided other than "hurry up and wait". So thats what we should do...just sit there and wait for the UPS man to come.

Will it is frustrating when you are told you will recieve soemthing by then end of january, and then find out you arent even close to getting the product.
And it worries me to see the trouble people are having with warrenty issues

so you sit back and shut the **** up cause 700$ is alot of cash to me..

Quick Reply: D2 Racing Coilovers. $700 SHIPPED. do NOT miss out !