Group Deals / Sponsors Forum Find out more information on group deals that are going on for Maxima parts from our Sponsors.

D2 Racing Coilovers. $700 SHIPPED. do NOT miss out !

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2005, 01:03 PM
VIP Maxima

how could a company such as D2 that mass produces coilovers and supposedly has a history in motorsports have problems with reading and understanding english? i dont get that part........

Old 02-04-2005, 02:00 PM
Moderator running more PSI than all the boosted Maximas... combined

Don't worry. I found out the procedure for you today. I called the D2 racing US distributor(www.urbanimport.com). I paid $50 and he is shipping me the insert. Mike from Urbanimport told me it would've been free replacement if I bought them from him. There you go....your US warranty procedure. I love the coilovers but I wish the customer service was better.

Originally Posted by mark240
Tony, just for reference, you do not have permission to post copies of your email correspondences with us on message boards.

As you can see, you made the claim through us and we forwarded your email to D2 in Taiwan. They sometimes have to be emailed a few times before replying as English is a barrier. I am still trying to find out the exact procedure for warranties from the D2 distributor in the USA. Needless to say, you have nothing to worry about getting your warranty replacements other than time as this is all a new system.
Old 02-04-2005, 02:36 PM

NIce..........
Old 02-04-2005, 04:11 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Originally Posted by 1MAX2NV
Don't worry. I found out the procedure for you today. I called the D2 racing US distributor(www.urbanimport.com). I paid $50 and he is shipping me the insert. Mike from Urbanimport told me it would've been free replacement if I bought them from him. There you go....your US warranty procedure. I love the coilovers but I wish the customer service was better.
That must be why they are shipping out of NC. That's where Urban Import is right?
Old 02-04-2005, 06:23 PM

I don't know why some people are soo uptight. Maybe the frustration is setting in, but that doesn't mean that gives you the right to talk down to people. First and foremost, I just wanted to remind people that I believed Mark made a statement that if they don't receive their coilovers by the end of January, he will refund their money. Just trying to help so chill out. I can relate with your frustrations and if I were in your shoes, I would be seriously debating getting my money back. The whole JIC thing was merely a light hearted comment, that you obviously took the wrong way. For the record you can get the A1's for around a G note. After doing research I found out the A1's better for the street as they are more comprimising than the A2's. The twin tube design also lasts longer than a monotube design, with the trade off of being a little softer. Anyways enough with the JIC stuff. No where did I rub it in that you all are having problems with this deal like that other Jack$@#, so reserve your rudeness for someone who deserves it!
Old 02-04-2005, 08:42 PM
Spelled with a I not a L for Iilac. Prounced Ii-eee-ack.

I find this disturbing if I find myself to be in your situation. With the one year warrenty, You shouldn't have had to pay anything to replace a faulty strut. I would be very displeased if this is the way that mark takes care of his customers after the sale is completed. Mark says to contact D2 for warrenty repair, D2 will probably refer you to urbanimport. So what use is the warrenty from you Mark?
Old 02-05-2005, 02:56 AM

Originally Posted by timmy g
I don't know why some people are soo uptight. Maybe the frustration is setting in, but that doesn't mean that gives you the right to talk down to people. First and foremost, I just wanted to remind people that I believed Mark made a statement that if they don't receive their coilovers by the end of January, he will refund their money. Just trying to help so chill out. I can relate with your frustrations and if I were in your shoes, I would be seriously debating getting my money back. The whole JIC thing was merely a light hearted comment, that you obviously took the wrong way. For the record you can get the A1's for around a G note. After doing research I found out the A1's better for the street as they are more comprimising than the A2's. The twin tube design also lasts longer than a monotube design, with the trade off of being a little softer. Anyways enough with the JIC stuff. No where did I rub it in that you all are having problems with this deal like that other Jack$@#, so reserve your rudeness for someone who deserves it!
If you didn't purchase these coilovers please do not **** disturb in this thread.
Old 02-05-2005, 02:58 AM

When you return shoes to Nike, do you have to pay for shipping back? Yes. Do they send you new shoes? Yes. This is how the D2 coilover warranty may work however I have yet to receive confirmation of the warranty procedure from our supplier. Hopefully by Monday it can be cleared up. Have a good weekend everyone.
Old 02-05-2005, 10:47 AM

If you didn't purchase these coilovers please do not **** disturb in this thread.
Please answer the email that I sent you. Thank you.
Old 02-05-2005, 10:50 AM
Moderator running more PSI than all the boosted Maximas... combined

Shipping was $15........

You know...I'm not really pissed about the $50 at all. I was more frustrated that no resolution came from directly from Mark or D2 Racing.
Old 02-05-2005, 01:32 PM
VIP Maxima

When you return shoes to Nike, do you have to pay for shipping back? Yes. Do they send you new shoes? Yes. This is how the D2 coilover warranty may work however I have yet to receive confirmation of the warranty procedure from our supplier. Hopefully by Monday it can be cleared up. Have a good weekend everyone.

but we are not returning anything (regreting our purchase). warranty = customer doesnt pay a penny

Old 02-06-2005, 03:42 AM

Originally Posted by 98MikeXimaSE
but we are not returning anything (regreting our purchase). warranty = customer doesnt pay a penny

Many warranties require some kind of payment. At least for shipping.
Old 02-06-2005, 06:20 PM
The original VQ...

i work in a shoe store and people bring defective shoes all the time. We give them a new pair or we send them a new pair free of charge...

anyways you guys are getting to worked up over warrenties, im just hopin to get the dang things ......
Old 02-06-2005, 06:38 PM
LeX
Nissan by Nature

I am interested in a refund as i have not seen my coilovers. I have nothing against you Mark, just asking if it's possible to get a refund at this point just because it's been such a long time and these coils have not shown up. Let me know.......
Old 02-06-2005, 09:42 PM

What I don't get is all these ppl that are asking for refunds now. They've waited all this time and now right before they're supposed to get them they decide to ask for a refund. Wow ! ! Thats seems crazy to me, considering that Mark never mentioned a SPECIFIC date as to when we will actually get them. People...going in you knew that you were going to have to wait for them. Just relax, no one is stealing your money, you've lived without that money for this long so it can't be that you all of a sudden need it now. And it's not like your going to find a better deal at this point. So I say just sit bak, relax, grab a beer, doobi, whateva and just wait for the damn things !!
Old 02-07-2005, 04:07 AM

I sent Mark a pre payment of $750 for a co worker of mine in October, since he needed the coilovers, and like I had mentioned about JICs service, about not refunding his $700 for the R/F coilover assembly which JIC charged him, but no order placed ?
This is the same type of thing, once the GD was made official, I asked for a $50 refund, since I wouldn't get it any sooner. I called and emailed Mark at least twice now since Dec 20. No response, no refund, no coilovers.
This is the exact thing JIC USA/Ziel Motorsport did, ignored phone call requests or gave a run around, and no refund for months after an "order" was placed, which never was placed to begin with (by JIC) or handled correctly.
I am posting now on a public forum, since Mark likes to respond here, and not to emails.
Correct this situation, do the right thing, and refund the money all $750 of it, immediately.
I am having a sour taste in my mouth on this deal, and if anything I will gladly post up all promised emails you had communicated.
...The ball is in your court...
Old 02-07-2005, 05:58 AM

Originally Posted by Zamochy
What I don't get is all these ppl that are asking for refunds now. They've waited all this time and now right before they're supposed to get them they decide to ask for a refund. Wow ! ! Thats seems crazy to me, considering that Mark never mentioned a SPECIFIC date as to when we will actually get them. People...going in you knew that you were going to have to wait for them. Just relax, no one is stealing your money, you've lived without that money for this long so it can't be that you all of a sudden need it now. And it's not like your going to find a better deal at this point. So I say just sit bak, relax, grab a beer, doobi, whateva and just wait for the damn things !!
Zamochy, $700 is alot for many of us, and some people feel as if they are not being treated fairly. If I feel as if I am not being treated as a customer needs to be, I will also take my money and go somewhere else. I am personally giving it until the 2nd week in February before I also ask for a refund. Mark stated that it has to go through customs....etc so I figure I will give it two weeks from when he stated this and this was stated at the end of January.
Old 02-07-2005, 06:53 AM
The original VQ...

I dont want a refund as long as my coilovers come without any problems.
Problem is they were suposed to be here end of january....
Old 02-07-2005, 07:50 AM

hey guys, well guess what, mark charged me twice for one set, meaning he charged me $1600,
i called at least 10 times telling him to credit me back for one of them,
well guess what,
i'm sick and tired of i'll take care of it. call me back, etc.
well you know what, i'm calling my credit card company, and i'm disputing my charge right now,
this is crap and you all know it
i think all of you should think about twice now.
oh, and i've been very patient with mark, but its feb 7th, all i know is that it should of been here by now, or at least one of my unordered paid sets should of been credited to me

so i called my credit card company, and credit will be given to me, oh mark, if you send the coilovers to me, it means that you've just lost $800 since i've already disputed BOTH my charges
oh and i feel so much better now knowing i'm not gonna get screwed, guess i'll order my stuff from a GOOD RELIABLE seller,
Old 02-07-2005, 09:23 AM
VIP Maxima

so many cry babies around here man. u've waited soo long, u can wait 2 weeks more. its not the end of the world

Old 02-07-2005, 11:32 AM

Originally Posted by ImmaSquashYou
hey guys, well guess what, mark charged me twice for one set, meaning he charged me $1600,
i called at least 10 times telling him to credit me back for one of them,
well guess what,
i'm sick and tired of i'll take care of it. call me back, etc.
well you know what, i'm calling my credit card company, and i'm disputing my charge right now,
this is crap and you all know it
i think all of you should think about twice now.
oh, and i've been very patient with mark, but its feb 7th, all i know is that it should of been here by now, or at least one of my unordered paid sets should of been credited to me

so i called my credit card company, and credit will be given to me, oh mark, if you send the coilovers to me, it means that you've just lost $800 since i've already disputed BOTH my charges
oh and i feel so much better now knowing i'm not gonna get screwed, guess i'll order my stuff from a GOOD RELIABLE seller,

You called us twice. The first time we forgot to close the batch for the refund and it expired. The second time was last week and we completed it at that time. Sorry thing's didn't work out.
Old 02-07-2005, 11:39 AM

Originally Posted by nismo_star
I sent Mark a pre payment of $750 for a co worker of mine in October, since he needed the coilovers, and like I had mentioned about JICs service, about not refunding his $700 for the R/F coilover assembly which JIC charged him, but no order placed ?
This is the same type of thing, once the GD was made official, I asked for a $50 refund, since I wouldn't get it any sooner. I called and emailed Mark at least twice now since Dec 20. No response, no refund, no coilovers.
This is the exact thing JIC USA/Ziel Motorsport did, ignored phone call requests or gave a run around, and no refund for months after an "order" was placed, which never was placed to begin with (by JIC) or handled correctly.
I am posting now on a public forum, since Mark likes to respond here, and not to emails.
Correct this situation, do the right thing, and refund the money all $750 of it, immediately.
I am having a sour taste in my mouth on this deal, and if anything I will gladly post up all promised emails you had communicated.
...The ball is in your court...
I'm in the same exact situation that you are in, except I paid him the $750 on November 6th (during the group deal, which he failed to mention to me). I requested a full refund also, but Mark says that the order is seperate from the group deal orders. He says, "It will be shipped out Monday and you should receive it by the end of the week" for at least the last 2 months! He promised me a partial refund for the delay since the beginning, but I never got it. I would also like a full refund at this time.
Old 02-07-2005, 11:47 AM

We can refund you the $50 extra if you want to receive the coilovers at the same time as everyone else.
Old 02-07-2005, 11:50 AM

Originally Posted by LeX
I am interested in a refund as i have not seen my coilovers. I have nothing against you Mark, just asking if it's possible to get a refund at this point just because it's been such a long time and these coils have not shown up. Let me know.......

Sure we can refund you minus the $100 deposit. We mentioned the coilovers should be in by the end of January. We didn't gaurantee that they will. Things come up and the delays are reasonable.
Old 02-07-2005, 11:57 AM

Many warranties require some kind of payment. At least for shipping.
For the Maxima GB customers, customers will have to pay to ship the defective product back to D2 USA in NC. D2 USA will pay to ship the replacement product back to the customer. A $50 deposit will be required for customers needing the replacements before sending back the defective products. Once the defective product is returned, the deposit will be refunded.
Old 02-07-2005, 12:03 PM

We can refund you the $50 extra if you want to receive the coilovers at the same time as everyone else.
How much sooner will I receive the coilovers than the other members of this group buy? Aren't they supposed to receive their coilovers in the next couple of days? So you are telling me, for $50 dollars (which is a lot of money to me), I will get my coilovers only a FEW days before them? I would like a full refund now. Thank you.
Old 02-07-2005, 12:22 PM
Blown

Where are the coilovers now? Are they on the train to NJ? Are they in NC? Are the still in cali? I am just curious, I am not asking for a refund.

For the Maxima GB customers, customers will have to pay to ship the defective product back to D2 USA in NC. D2 USA will pay to ship the replacement product back to the customer. A $50 deposit will be required for customers needing the replacements before sending back the defective products. Once the defective product is returned, the deposit will be refunded.
Old 02-07-2005, 12:23 PM

They are on their way to NC from CA. NJ was a mistake.
Old 02-07-2005, 12:26 PM

They are on their way to NC from CA. NJ was a mistake.
Are you just going to ignore me and/or give me the run around?
Old 02-07-2005, 12:43 PM

Originally Posted by whazzzzuup
How much sooner will I receive the coilovers than the other members of this group buy? Aren't they supposed to receive their coilovers in the next couple of days? So you are telling me, for $50 dollars (which is a lot of money to me), I will get my coilovers only a FEW days before them? I would like a full refund now. Thank you.
For $50 you will get your coilovers a few days before them. Otherwise were looking at the between the 15th and 20th of this month before arrival. You paid by PayPal right? Please email me if you still want a refund. sales@advautoparts.com
Old 02-07-2005, 12:46 PM

Thanks for responding. I jjust sent you another email. Also, can you elaborate on the question about the full refund?
Old 02-07-2005, 01:59 PM
VIP Maxima

i dont understand what some of you guys are whinning about ??

he said the coilovers are in the US, he said they are on their way to NC and that means ull have them by the end of the month at the latest. whats the big deal??

Old 02-07-2005, 02:42 PM

Well I had planned on installing them over President's Day Weekend. I thought they would be here well before then. I gave it the 2 months as expected, and would expect about 2 more weeks for anything that could go wrong. Just hope they get here in less than 2 weeks.
Old 02-07-2005, 02:48 PM
Wat

Originally Posted by 98MikeXimaSE
so many cry babies around here man. u've waited soo long, u can wait 2 weeks more. its not the end of the world

he is right..........
Old 02-07-2005, 03:11 PM

Originally Posted by E55AMG2
he is right..........
Everyone one was warned that will probably take longer by his previous D2 group buy so I just paid and I am waiting patiently. I cant wait to have my car lowered buy im not going to bother mark to hurry up because $700 for the D2s is an amazing deal and the $800 I paid for being late is still a good deal.
Old 02-07-2005, 04:30 PM
RaWr!!! ('''_(o_O)_''')

with an order this size it is not uncommon to expect delays, manufacturing, shipping and customs take time. mark said that they were EXPECTED to arrive at the end of january, that was not a guarantee, because it could not be guaranteed. now that they are a week late and it looks like you may have to wait another week, you guys are wishing you spent $1800 on JICs just so that you could have them faster. jeez, some people are so fuking impatient and at the first sign of a delay they are ready to cancle everything.

a while back when i was part of the warpspeed ypipe deal, i waited almost 4 months for my pipe, did i complain? no, i knew that big orders took time and for the price i got i was fine waiting.
Old 02-07-2005, 04:45 PM

ok guys, i called mark again, he said that he credit back my account for one of the unordered sets, he said that by latest on mon i will see it on my account, at that point when i do see it on my account i will cancel the dispute on my credit card, trusting these things will be shipped. i'm willing to risk $800 but not $1600. so the coilovers are in the U.S. i'm hoping, but i just hope that by march 13th i'm going to be installing my coilovers since i have spring break..-= 0...if not....i'm gonna go in the corner n cry like a baby. hopefully with good faith everything will work out. but i just hope that these set's struts won't blow easy, i drive about 36,000 miles a year, so thats a lot of driving. neone selling rims??? i need a set for my infiniti
Old 02-07-2005, 06:10 PM
Spelled with a I not a L for Iilac. Prounced Ii-eee-ack.

Thanks for the update. So is UrbanImports, the offical D2 USA headquarters? 1MAX2NV, is this the procedure in your case?
Old 02-07-2005, 06:22 PM

Originally Posted by Iilac
Thanks for the update. So is UrbanImports, the offical D2 USA headquarters? 1MAX2NV, is this the procedure in your case?
Yes they are
Old 02-07-2005, 06:25 PM

All orders from this group buy are technically being bought from Urban Import so the $50 fee does not apply for any warranty issues unlikely to occur since the issue with the oils has been noted as resolved. Since you bought them out of the group buy when we had direct access to the product as a distributer, the $50 fee applied to cover Urban's cost of shipping the product back to and from Taiwan.

Quick Reply: D2 Racing Coilovers. $700 SHIPPED. do NOT miss out !