Group Deals / Sponsors Forum Find out more information on group deals that are going on for Maxima parts from our Sponsors.

D2 Racing Coilovers. $700 SHIPPED. do NOT miss out !

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2005, 07:35 AM

Nismo Star. We will refund you minus the $100 deposit. Never once did we gaurantee a date of delivery. The fact that you reported us to the BBB before even asking for a refund disappoints me the most. Very suprising. Call me if you want. You have the number
Old 02-11-2005, 09:05 AM

Mark, if there are any extra sets that people backed out on, is there any chance I could get in on them?

PS: I have an A32.
Old 02-11-2005, 09:43 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Why will you not offer a full refund? In an earlier post, that was stated as an option. And yes you did promise a delivery date of 'end of January' in that same post.

Originally Posted by mark240
Nismo Star. We will refund you minus the $100 deposit. Never once did we gaurantee a date of delivery. The fact that you reported us to the BBB before even asking for a refund disappoints me the most. Very suprising. Call me if you want. You have the number
Old 02-11-2005, 09:51 AM

Can you quote the message where we made that gaurantee? It's really not the point. The customer wants to report us to the BBB just a few days before the goods come in without asking for a refund first. He also has the option to open his spot to someone who wasn't lucky enough to get in the group buy in time such as josehernandez but he decided to do things the hard way.

The coilovers are expected to arrive between the 15th and 20th
Old 02-11-2005, 09:55 AM

Mark if I were you, having the ppls addresses...I'd go and set their cars on fire. Then wait for them to run outside....and then set them on fire. God damn impatient *****. What could the BBB do to you Mark?
Old 02-11-2005, 10:04 AM

He also has the option to open his spot to someone who wasn't lucky enough to get in the group buy in time such as josehernandez...
Yes, yes, yes. Seriously, if you've decided that you no longer want part of the deal, let me know, because I'd love to take your spot. I've got the money to pay immediately.
Old 02-11-2005, 10:31 AM
The original VQ...

wait, are they expected at our doors or at your shop bettween the 15th and 20th?

cause when i called you personaly you said they are expected to arrive at our doors end of jan, then u said they were soposed to arrive at customs end of jan, now what?
Old 02-11-2005, 10:35 AM

Now they are expected to be received in NC between the 15th and 20th.
Old 02-11-2005, 10:36 AM

Originally Posted by Zamochy
Mark if I were you, having the ppls addresses...I'd go and set their cars on fire. Then wait for them to run outside....and then set them on fire. God damn impatient *****. What could the BBB do to you Mark?
Thanks for all the support The BBB can't do anything. They are just record keepers
Old 02-11-2005, 11:17 AM

Now they are expected to be received in NC between the 15th and 20th.
OK, how long after they reach NC will they reach our house? I am in NJ.
Old 02-11-2005, 12:06 PM

Up to a week depending on your distance from NC
Old 02-11-2005, 12:25 PM
VIP Maxima

that means by end of february, all coilovers should TECHNICALLY be delivered. TRUE or FALSE statement ? for 4 points !

Old 02-11-2005, 12:39 PM

That should be the case yes
Old 02-11-2005, 02:03 PM
Wat

you want a vacation??
Old 02-11-2005, 02:04 PM
Wat

Thanks for all the support The BBB can't do anything. They are just record keepers

They check your BBB reputation whenever you apply for a business loan...thats about the only downside to being reported.
Old 02-11-2005, 02:36 PM

E55AMG2, do you have some kind of a personal issue with me? I didn't post anything unlike anything else that you'd normally see on the org. Just voiced my opinion on the situation, and asked a reasonable question. My opinion wether or not you agree with it should still not be denied on the org (Plus if you could understand the concept of humor then you'd probably understand that I was joking, and not seriously telling Mark to go set ppl on fire.)

In addition, as a customer of this GB, I think I deserve the right to offer my support to either side, be it Mark or the customers. And apparently as ppl feel the need to constantly express their frustrations, so do I. I think thats fair, no?
Old 02-11-2005, 05:58 PM
The original VQ...

damm, i could understand some one being a couple of days off,
but 1 month off from the expected delivery date is ridiculous in my opinion....
Old 02-11-2005, 06:05 PM
Doctorate in Detailing

Originally Posted by maxspeed96CT
damm, i could understand some one being a couple of days off,
but 1 month off from the expected delivery date is ridiculous in my opinion....
You can have Mark refund your money if you're not ok with the delivery date. Have you asked him to do that?
Old 02-11-2005, 06:12 PM
The original VQ...

no the delivery date is not a problem realy, its the fact i was lied to over the phone and online , that worries me about their customer service.

When you run a business like mark is, that is just wrong. If you say to people the coilovers will be at your door end of jan, they should be there end of jan.

I can understand if mark said end of feb, i would of just waited and felt better about the hole situation.

P.S. someone above asked for a refund and mark said he would dedcut $100
i dont want to loose $100 because i was lied to...
Old 02-11-2005, 06:49 PM
RaWr!!! ('''_(o_O)_''')

first of all, no where in this entire thread did he guarantee that they would be here by the end of jan. that was an estimate. there is no way he could have guaranteed the delivery date of these.

second. somewhere twords the beginning of this thread he mentioned that he would be happy to give refunds, but that the deposites were non refundable. people enterd into this deal knowing that, cant b!tch about it now.
Old 02-11-2005, 06:58 PM

I did call you twice to refund once on my cell phone, and once from STAR NISSAN. You said to email you and in the subject refund $50, I never agreed upon a $100 deposit, I paid you before the GD, before the price increase. The refund you still have a set of D2s which will retail for about $1000, correct ?
Why should I get the short end of the stick?
I'm the one who explained to you about JIC, I'm the one who trusted you to deliver the product, I'm the one who had my coworkers kicking their rears when they missed out. I'm the one who got emails about 2 weeks, back in the first week of December 04. Expecting delivery for X-Mas or even around my B day. I was psyched, nothing showed up, empty promises made via email, and while I watched on the GD progressing, I knew it would be a long time. Thats when I made phone calls to you personally, and you sounded like a man who stands behind his word, but when I emailed you twice about a refund, ignored, I was left no choice to publically ask for a refund, cause a few do share my views as well.

Zamochy: If a tree falls in a forest and no one is around, does it make a sound ? How I felt getting the shaft via emails.
If a tree falls in a forest and everyone is around, does it make a sound ?
Why I posted on the GD post, up til recently, I kept my mouth shut.
As for being a "RAT" I guess it takes one to KNOW ONE.

One of our customers at the dealership has been witnessing over the last 4 months, that I shelled out for a product, even got him to consider to purchase D2s through the GD, and he agreed to, but he wanted to drive my car first before he was gonna give up his H&R/ Tokico setup. He works for a branch of the BBB, believe it or not in litigation firm for those who pursue lemon law on vehicles. I wasn't the one who filed, it's my coworker who has already filed vs JIC/Ziel Motorsports for $700, which was for a R/F coilover assembly, which was "ordered", but never arrived, and calling up, said they never recieved payment or order placed. Burned once, is to learn; burned twice, is to take action. That case is pending in Small Claims, presently.
The tracking # TEIN's distributor provided us is showing arrival on Tuesday.
That's service I expect during a GD, keep us informed, and don't give empty promises, and now another delay.

Ending note, I WILL wait til the END OF FEB, if they do not appear at my workplace, March 4th 10am I will be in Buffalo at your door step, face to face asking for my refund (-$50) <--I will meet you halfway on your "deposit."
Give us all a definite date, without the delays, and alot of the backtalk WILL be AVOIDED.
Old 02-11-2005, 09:31 PM
The original VQ...

Originally Posted by 96stillen_max
first of all, no where in this entire thread did he guarantee that they would be here by the end of jan. that was an estimate. there is no way he could have guaranteed the delivery date of these.

second. somewhere twords the beginning of this thread he mentioned that he would be happy to give refunds, but that the deposites were non refundable. people enterd into this deal knowing that, cant b!tch about it now.
I personaly called and asked him the delvery date , i was told at the end of JAN, and he said no later that than 2-3days after that!

I never made a deposit, i paid all the money right up front???

If i dont get a tracking number by the 20th, im gona be upset cause that means mark is still not telling the truth.

To some i may sound like an ***, but mark also d!cked me when he said i had till the 1st to pay and when i called he uped the price to 800 cause he said the GD ended?, I am 19 and dont have much cash to loose 800$, plus i also got a set for a freind who isnt to happy about it..
Old 02-12-2005, 01:35 AM

Wow...ppl are insane. You do understand that the Mark only has control over the delivery date AFTER he gets the coilovers. Why don't you bagger D2 at the same rate as Mark, for taking too long to manufacture, or too long to ship?
Old 02-12-2005, 07:39 AM
The original VQ...

please explain how i am insane?

mark doesnt have control over it but with that much cash involved he should know were it is and when to expect it...

This exact thing happend to the 240sx guys, they got theirs about 5-6 weeks after the expect recive date.

I just want a exact date, none of this should be and maybe stuff..
Old 02-12-2005, 09:08 AM

eventhough mark did not say "I guarantee that they will be here on this date..."

this has been a very poorly run sale... i bought mine outside of the GD for over $200 more than what the GD paid and mine are still coming in the same time.... when i bought them he told me on the phone i should have them in a week (three weeks ago), then he told me they would be shipped the latest the end of this week, now its between the 15-20th.

if you have no idea where they are just say so... most people just want honesty, not vague answers and you hidding behind the lame answer "should". i am happy for the price, i just want an honest answer. when they WILL here. i think a five day gap in when they "could" ship is a little lame. you should know.
Old 02-12-2005, 09:27 AM

Thats sounds like a child talking, where he doesn't care for the reasoning but wants what he wants. I know what Mark is going threw, He gets empty promises on delivery dates, shipping times, etc, and if thats the only bit of information that he has, he feels responsible to convey it to his customers at the forum. If this information turns out false, there's almost no way that he could've fortold that, but the blame still gets placed on him.
Old 02-12-2005, 09:29 AM

If you're really that steamed up about the delivery date, call up D2 in tawain, and complain to them, report them to the BBB, for delaying manufacturing, or shipping. You gotta understand that Mark is just the middleman, and that any delays are not caused by him. He's more or less just a spectator (like us), waiting and watching for them to arrive.

Yes yes, "empty promises" and all that, but you gotta understand that the information that he gives us, he doesn't just make up, someone would have to have told him, thats the person(s) you should be blaming.
Old 02-12-2005, 10:40 AM

and you say that I sound like a child???

i just think that someone who takes almost a grand from someone should have more info than what mark has. they left D2's factory how long ago? there is no reason he cannot pick up a phone and call the shipping company and find out where they are...
Old 02-12-2005, 10:49 AM
Wat

guys, we have been over this. Stop the bickering please.
Old 02-12-2005, 11:07 AM
I miss the .org!

It would be a chore in this case, but would mod/s care to clean up this thread a bit? lol...
Old 02-12-2005, 11:14 AM

That is correct. I am just a middleman. I tell you guys what my supplier tells me what their supplier tells them. If everything went perfect the coilovers would have been here at the end of last month but everything didn't go perfect.

There were over 30 sets sold. I cannot remember everyone by username. I admit that sometimes emails can go unanswered for many reasons. I do however have a phone number listed in this thread and I am pretty easy to reach if you call at the right time and if I am not on another line.

I think that estimating things based upon what I know is better than answering everyone's questions with "I don't know". I try not to gaurantee things that are out of my control.
Old 02-12-2005, 11:36 AM
The original VQ...

sounds fair, but end of FEB is loooking promising??

Zamochy, dont post anymore, no one likes you
Old 02-12-2005, 11:38 AM

I like him
Old 02-12-2005, 11:51 AM
VIP Maxima

u know, i keep askin myself this questions:

"why was I dumb enough to set up a GD and save myself and a few .org members $50. we all could have ordered seperately for $50-$100 more !"

starting this thread was one of the dumbest/stupidest things I have ever done in my entire life time.

Old 02-12-2005, 12:17 PM
The original VQ...

I like him
k, 1 for zamochy , any others ??

ok so its 1-20....
Old 02-12-2005, 12:21 PM

We are only a couple weeks behind schedule. I do not see the big deal.
Old 02-12-2005, 01:03 PM

It's not a big deal. I think everyone just has a little case of the "being a kid on christmas eve". No one wants to wait anymore and even I must say I'm going a little insane waiting. Don't think I've blinked in about 27 hours
Old 02-12-2005, 06:14 PM

...I cannot remember everyone by username. I admit that sometimes emails can go unanswered for many reasons. I do however have a phone number listed in this thread and I am pretty easy to reach if you call at the right time and if I am not on another line......
It's about managing business well mark, so you said about 30 participants in this group deal, it's not hard to make a list of the email addresses, name, Credit Card #'s, and .org names. This can't take that long and if you had a list like this you would have less problems. This is not an excuse in this type of deal.
Old 02-12-2005, 08:04 PM
The original VQ...

well i guess im not to worried anymore, at least you take time to post here everyday...
Old 02-12-2005, 10:41 PM

people...bottom line is: if you couldn't wait, then you should not have gotten into this group buy. There was not a specific delivery date named, and you were told that. A three week delay is not that much considering the factors that go into actually getting them to your doorstep, many of which are out of Marks control (who must have gotten more runarounds then the rest of us). Whining, crying, complaining is not gonna do squat now, other than turn a friendly group buy into something people regret ever getting into. So just be quiet, sit, and wait.

Quick Reply: D2 Racing Coilovers. $700 SHIPPED. do NOT miss out !