3rd Generation Maxima (1989-1994) Learn more about the 3rd Generation Maxima here.

*NOOBIES* The "I am new here,but have a question" thread..(post your questions here)

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2009, 01:20 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

thanks

hi again appreciate the comments. one person answered my question, I Wasn't sure it was photo shopped. and pretty much anything can be created with fiberglass and a **** ton of resin. I don't drive crazy with my kids in the car i am fairly responsible. i just live in the great upper north there's a lot of room to screw around up here, especially if you know how to drive. anyway lot of feedback, but hazing what are we fifth graders i just love cars and working on them mostly. and as for street racing if it's done right it's safe you just can't be a total tard. Where do you think most racing came from, My grandad was a prohib runner in omaha and lincoln nebraska he was a true racer anyway i have had my rant enjoy taunting and making fun because i am not like you peace people

oh but a serious question is there a way to open the trunk from the inside if the latch is broken on the outside like a emergency latch thank
Old 02-06-2009, 03:31 AM
¯\(°_o)/¯

Originally Posted by 91SER_Facehugger)
hi again appreciate the comments. one person answered my question, I Wasn't sure it was photo shopped. and pretty much anything can be created with fiberglass and a **** ton of resin. I don't drive crazy with my kids in the car i am fairly responsible. i just live in the great upper north there's a lot of room to screw around up here, especially if you know how to drive. anyway lot of feedback, but hazing what are we fifth graders i just love cars and working on them mostly. and as for street racing if it's done right it's safe you just can't be a total tard. Where do you think most racing came from, My grandad was a prohib runner in omaha and lincoln nebraska he was a true racer anyway i have had my rant enjoy taunting and making fun because i am not like you peace people
If you want to continue to be a member of this forum, you will cease all street racing talk immediately.
Old 02-06-2009, 06:59 AM

Originally Posted by 91SER_Facehugger)

oh but a serious question is there a way to open the trunk from the inside if the latch is broken on the outside like a emergency latch thank
there was no question or comment to the origins of racing. and family history means nothing as far as intelligence and capability goes. there are entire cars made of fiberglass, also never in dispute, but seriously, take a picture or your car. think about how you would two door it.

let me start you off.
A) removing the rear doors and cutting out the pillars.
b) re-welding the pillars in further back and finding either longer front doors or sectioning and stretching the existing.
C) re-enforcing the unibody to except the longer door gap with 2x4 box tubing plus a Crap load of gusseting!
d) filling in the gaps with fiber and metal.
e) making windows already in production work on the car or having new one$$$$$$$$$$ made.

already this doesnt sound like a kit to me. more like a head ache. ive been working on hot rodz since i could remember, your grand papies cars. there is a reason why this car was badged with 4DSC 4 door sport car.

if you realy realy want to do it; knock you socks off and go to town, just dont cry when you find out exactly how hard it is to do.

my two door car is a rustang, its my go fast track car. my max is my daily toy. comfortable, smooth, and quite.
Old 02-06-2009, 09:22 AM

!!!NEW NEWS!!!...ABOUT MY CAR THAT IS....Anyways What's up you guys? Yup, im back one more time to drop a little update about the car... as of todae my car is in the shop and im getting all the work done at one time...well the important engine stuff such as... new radiator...timing belt...water pump...motor mounts...plugs...ect...ect.. its running me around $500-$600 to replace all that stuff and... the next step will be getting all the dents and dings knocked out and stillen body kit installed...and then the paint job...haha i know u guys might have been like this guy didnt ask a question this time but yeah its a simple one... Should i get it repainted the same color or get it Red Black or Blue maybe even white...*Really Restore it* my new moto...thanks again for all the help my peeps...
Old 02-06-2009, 12:38 PM

quick question: What can i use to remove the moldings from my wheel well? I pulled this one off because it was already halfway coming off when i drove it through a carwash

Old 02-06-2009, 12:43 PM

Originally Posted by -ReLLiK-
quick question: What can i use to remove the moldings from my wheel well? I pulled this one off because it was already halfway coming off when i drove it through a carwash

rubbing alcohol, and razor blade?
Old 02-06-2009, 12:43 PM
Jesus was a Zombie.

Originally Posted by -ReLLiK-

[IMG]http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k165/jsizzle244/maximamolding.jpg[IMG]
I wanted to remove mine, since my front driver's fender was missing it, and the rear driver's was hanging some. I tried to pull it off, and it took huge chunks of paint (don't do it this way)
i was so upset, I stopped right there.
I have been wanting to do the other two, but have been scared.
rubbing alcohol should be safe enough for the paint, while disolving the adhesive from the trim. I have not tried, yet so I am not sure.
I am going to listen to other people's responses, because I am also interested in knowing.
Old 02-06-2009, 12:47 PM

Originally Posted by 300zmax
rubbing alcohol, and razor blade?
oh ok ill have to try this out

Originally Posted by BenStoked
I wanted to remove mine, since my front driver's fender was missing it, and the rear driver's was hanging some. I tried to pull it off, and it took huge chunks of paint (don't do it this way)
i was so upset, I stopped right there.
I have been wanting to do the other two, but have been scared.
rubbing alcohol should be safe enough for the paint, while disolving the adhesive from the trim. I have not tried, yet so I am not sure.
I am going to listen to other people's responses, because I am also interested in knowing.
yeah i drove it through a car wash and as soon as i parked, i just so happened to look on the passenger side and seen that it was hanging halfway off. It almost looked like double-sided tape or something
Old 02-07-2009, 11:24 PM

new cold cathode lights how to wire it up with a off and on switch?
Old 02-08-2009, 12:56 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Maxima 93 Blower Fan won't turn off...

Hey there Maxima group! I have been reading and reading but haven't found anything that helps me with my problem. My wife and I were talking about how the car needs to be sold soon and when we started it up it decided to blow air on high. I made sure the automatic climate control fan was off but it kept blowing. I pulled the heater fan fuses near the driver side door and they quit...but so does my AC. I'm in Florida and will be needing that soon.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks for the tips...Chris
Old 02-08-2009, 02:39 PM
mod or sell?

Originally Posted by simo711
Hey there Maxima group! I have been reading and reading but haven't found anything that helps me with my problem. My wife and I were talking about how the car needs to be sold soon and when we started it up it decided to blow air on high. I made sure the automatic climate control fan was off but it kept blowing. I pulled the heater fan fuses near the driver side door and they quit...but so does my AC. I'm in Florida and will be needing that soon.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks for the tips...Chris
blower control resistor
http://www.internetautosupply.com/ca...01-p-3761.html is probably what has failed.
Old 02-08-2009, 05:44 PM

would a 92+ grille fit on a 91? Or would it be too small?
Old 02-08-2009, 05:49 PM
mod or sell?

it will fit perfectly
Old 02-09-2009, 06:41 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

Originally Posted by internetautomar
blower control resistor
http://www.internetautosupply.com/ca...01-p-3761.html is probably what has failed.
Any idea where I can find this part in my car? Thanks!! Chris
Old 02-09-2009, 07:00 AM
mod or sell?

Originally Posted by simo711
Any idea where I can find this part in my car? Thanks!! Chris
passenger footwell IIRC.
Old 02-09-2009, 07:13 PM

Anybody know what kinda of kit this is and where could i get the samething and how hard do u think it would be to modify it to fit my GXE?

Old 02-09-2009, 07:27 PM
mod or sell?

Originally Posted by Infam0usMax
Anybody know what kinda of kit this is and where could i get the samething and how hard do u think it would be to modify it to fit my GXE?

http://www.westcoastcustoms.com/wcc/index.html
Old 02-09-2009, 09:34 PM

west coast customs is sick, should send your maxima to pimp my ride. lol

anyways, try throwing up a local ad. i threw one up to get a body kit on mine and within a day i had 3 or 4 places give me a estimate
Old 02-09-2009, 09:47 PM

lol pimp my ride really does too much things to the car that they do lol why would i send my car there? lol i just wanted to know what kind of kit it was because i liked it...but ok...
Old 02-09-2009, 09:50 PM

lol, send your car to pimp my ride for the technical stuff. that chick with the '67 or whatever thunderbird got a new tranny and a ford racing engine. but yeah, the paints usually overdone on the vehicles

the Kombat body kit looks alright

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1989-...spagenameZWD1V
Old 02-11-2009, 04:18 AM

does anyone have both side cv axles they want to sell for a 92 max with single overhead cam and no abs? let me know, i have both bad and making a ton of noise
Old 02-11-2009, 06:49 AM
mod or sell?

Originally Posted by maxima63
does anyone have both side cv axles they want to sell for a 92 max with single overhead cam and no abs? let me know, i have both bad and making a ton of noise
I do
Old 02-11-2009, 10:13 AM

Sup guys does anybody know the part number for the rubber boot that goes through the transmission housing through a rectangular hole? I will take pictures when I get home. The one that came with my tranny fell apart because it was brittle and I definitely need to order a new one. Thanks

Last edited by chentwoten; 02-11-2009 at 10:15 AM.
Old 02-11-2009, 10:17 AM
Call me Wookiee Goldberg

Originally Posted by chentwoten
Sup guys does anybody know the part number for the rubber boot that goes through the transmission housing through a rectangular hole? I will take pictures when I get home. The one that came with my tranny fell apart because it was brittle and I definitely need to order a new one. Thanks
clutch release fork boot
http://www.courtesyparts.com/30542-c...-p-183913.html
Old 02-11-2009, 11:16 AM

Does anybody know where I can get a 160 Thermostat for a VE. And a 190.
Old 02-11-2009, 11:18 AM

Originally Posted by 94se5spd
Here , these are 170 and 180 is that good enough?
Old 02-11-2009, 12:54 PM
mod or sell?

why?
Old 02-11-2009, 03:27 PM

Originally Posted by 300zmax
Here , these are 170 and 180 is that good enough?
Yeah, that will work. Thanks.
Old 02-11-2009, 03:28 PM

Originally Posted by internetautomar
why?
160 for the summer to help it run cooler. 190 for the winter to help it warm up faster.
Old 02-11-2009, 03:41 PM
mod or sell?

160 for the summer to help it run cooler. 190 for the winter to help it warm up faster.
running cooler won't happen, it will just take longer to get to operating temperature and harm your fuel economy. 190 won't change how long it takes to warm up, it will only delay when the coolant starts to flow through the entire system.
Old 02-11-2009, 07:30 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

hey guys, im sure this has been asked before, but are there performance intakes available for the 92 Maxima with VG30E engine...ive found many for the DOHC but not for the SOHC and id really like to upgrade this. sorry if this is the wrong place for this question or w/e, but any answers would be greatly appreciated! Ive seen a variety of different things that other people have done, the place racing intake doesnt interest me due to the whole fender cut but im mostly open to anything else. I read somewhere that a few people have used the performance intake available for the Honda Accord and seemingly fit them just right to their max....anyways thanks for any help!

=]
Old 02-11-2009, 09:27 PM

Whats a good exhaust set up? send links photos or whatever u have...
Old 02-12-2009, 05:40 AM
Jesus was a Zombie.

Originally Posted by CocoMax
hey guys, im sure this has been asked before, but are there performance intakes available for the 92 Maxima with VG30E engine...ive found many for the DOHC but not for the SOHC and id really like to upgrade this. sorry if this is the wrong place for this question or w/e, but any answers would be greatly appreciated! Ive seen a variety of different things that other people have done, the place racing intake doesnt interest me due to the whole fender cut but im mostly open to anything else. I read somewhere that a few people have used the performance intake available for the Honda Accord and seemingly fit them just right to their max....anyways thanks for any help!

=]
K&N filter in a swiss cheese box for me. then again, I am not after performance, anymore, just fun.

Last edited by BenStoked; 02-12-2009 at 05:44 AM.
Old 02-12-2009, 05:46 AM
Jesus was a Zombie.

many people run different setups. you may wanna check this out:
Link
Old 02-12-2009, 05:55 AM
mod or sell?

depends on how you drive and what you want out of it.
Back in the "day" I ran straight pipe from the cat back.
Old 02-12-2009, 08:40 AM

Help Now

I have a 93 maxima VE engine and i put in fuel injection cleaner yesterday then like 5 hrs later my car died while driving i was driving on the road tried to start it up it wouldnt start but it coughing sound like it was trying to catch fuel then i waited like 30 min trying to start it again when i did so it turned on and shut right off what could this be????????????????
Old 02-12-2009, 09:13 AM

Originally Posted by biggz2332
I have a 93 maxima VE engine and i put in fuel injection cleaner yesterday then like 5 hrs later my car died while driving i was driving on the road tried to start it up it wouldnt start but it coughing sound like it was trying to catch fuel then i waited like 30 min trying to start it again when i did so it turned on and shut right off what could this be????????????????
sounds like low pressure, did you replace the fuel filter?

i hope you didnt get the paper tab in there like my buddy did on his truck, lol

Last edited by 300zmax; 02-12-2009 at 09:15 AM.
Old 02-12-2009, 01:35 PM

A31 Cefiro

Same as a 3rd gen Maxima, correct? These might look nice...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/JDM-N...Q5fAccessories
Old 02-12-2009, 02:15 PM

Originally Posted by tresboi

It doesnt look the same to me... BMW E36s will fit and be a little off but these lights look way off but would look pretty sweet
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/BMW-E...Q5fAccessories

or these...
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/92-99...Q5fAccessories

Last edited by Infam0usMax; 02-12-2009 at 02:21 PM.
Old 02-12-2009, 02:39 PM

Originally Posted by tresboi

looks WAY different to me, it also looks RWD.

Quick Reply: *NOOBIES* The "I am new here,but have a question" thread..(post your questions here)