6th Generation Maxima (2004-2008) Discussion of the 6th generation Maxima. Come see what others are saying.

This dealer survey thing

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2003, 09:24 AM
RDM

After All

Originally Posted by Cdriven
Sorry to hear about your bad experience. Sometime, honestly its like hit or miss.
Not to get off topic here, but how do you like the '04 Max?
I just love it, I drive it about 80 miles per day and I have no regrets in my decision choosing this car.
Old 11-23-2003, 11:17 AM

My dealership told me that they would appreciate an excellent rating and that I should bring in the survey and fill it out w/ the customer service manager. He said at that time he'll make sure any issues I have are solved. He also said that for my time in doing that he would give me my first year and a hlaf of oilchanges free... Overall my experience was pretty good, so I'll take the oil changes w/ a smile...
Old 11-23-2003, 11:30 AM

Originally Posted by kosd
My dealership told me that they would appreciate an excellent rating and that I should bring in the survey and fill it out w/ the customer service manager. He said at that time he'll make sure any issues I have are solved. He also said that for my time in doing that he would give me my first year and a hlaf of oilchanges free... Overall my experience was pretty good, so I'll take the oil changes w/ a smile...
That doesn't seem like a survey if the dealership wants to influence the response. Getting the free oil changes is a good thing, but I did get -- because I requested -- one year's worth of free oil changes. I did not complete my survey until a week ago and I've had the car since end May. I find that holding off on the survey allows me to include my experience on how any adjustments were handled post purchase. The free oil changes didn't influence my responses as I ripped into service department about the way they initially handled my request to have the glove box aligned.
Old 11-23-2003, 01:18 PM

Originally Posted by chrisaust
*** snipped *** If you dont know anyone who works in a restaurant, you may honestly feel that $10 on a $100 bill is enough, because you werent completely satisfied with the service, but you dont realize that they've got 15 other tables and trying to juggle everyone's drink order with yours. You expect that a waiter will focus 100% of their time on you and your guests, and if it feels anything less than that, you take a little off the tip. But people who know will tip 20% even if the service is kinda lousy because you realize how hard they are working.
Now wait a minute. I know people who wait tables and I also know people who own restaurants, but a tip is still a reward for *good* service, and it doesn't matter how many tables the server is juggling. If you don't get good service, you reduce the tip ... unless you get really awful service, in which case a tip is not warranted.

Face it, this whole tipping thing has developed into a way for restaurant owners to shift the cost of their labor over to you. They pay cr@p to servers and expect you to make up their salary through tips. I've even been to restaurants with little tent cards on the tables saying, "Our wait staff make only $1.22 per hour and rely on your tips - please be generous." Now, if THAT doesn't suck, I don't know what does.

And isn't it the same thing as saying, "Our car salesmen don't get paid much and they rely on an 'Excellent' score on surveys - please be generous." What!?!?!

My orignal point still stands ... God told me not to lie (isn't that one of the Ten Commandments?), and I'm not going to lie on a survey just to make sure some sub-par salesman makes more dough. If he does do Excellent work, I'll be happy to tell Nissan that's the case ... but if he doesn't, I'm not going to lie about it and protect a person who's not carrying his part of the load.

And that's the name of that game.

Mike
Old 11-23-2003, 07:04 PM

The dealers as well as the salesmen are bonused on those things. I filled mine out "honestly" and when I went back to the dealership 6 months later to look at the Max, my sales guy was talking to me and he was like "Oh Gavin, I really took a big hit with your survey you returned" I was saying to myself, damn, this guy has no life ! Then he proceeded to tell me that I costed him an $1100 bonus. . . .At that point in time I walked away and just said bye because I knew where he was headed. . . .
Old 11-23-2003, 07:21 PM

Originally Posted by Maxxed03
The dealers as well as the salesmen are bonused on those things. I filled mine out "honestly" and when I went back to the dealership 6 months later to look at the Max, my sales guy was talking to me and he was like "Oh Gavin, I really took a big hit with your survey you returned" I was saying to myself, damn, this guy has no life ! Then he proceeded to tell me that I costed him an $1100 bonus. . . .At that point in time I walked away and just said bye because I knew where he was headed. . . .
By the time I completed my survey my salesman was no longer at the dealership so perhaps it didn't matter. The turnover certainly is high at these dealerships.
Old 06-17-2004, 03:44 PM
2004 Smoke

I just got my survey but I haven't filled it out yet.

I wonder who will listen to or be affected by my survey results in my case? I didn't buy my car from a regular salesperson, but rather through a third party negotiating organization. I picked up my car from the fleet manager.
Old 06-17-2004, 05:02 PM

I kept telling myself I would not post on this thread, as it would only upset me to rehash this 'pet peeve' area.

I will say is that it is true Nissan (and most other makes as well) surveys are 'top box only' surveys. and the pressure to achieve that 'top box' is all out of proportion to reality.

It is thus blatently dishonest that Nissan puts more than two boxes on the survey for the response for each question.

A much better system would be if there were gradiations in pay reduction associated with each level of the box. Getting the second-best rating should have only a small effect on remuneration. Third box a little greater effect, and so on.

Under the current system, the pay hurt is the same for 'almost perfect' as it is for 'I'm bringing my dog back to kill this lying slob'.

Makes absolutley no sense whatsoever. This is yet another instance of image over reality. In the long run, this can only hurt Nissan, the dealers and the salesmen.
Old 06-17-2004, 05:46 PM

How long do you normally wait until the survey arrives? I've had my car 2 months and haven't received it yet. I have only praise for my dealership and salesman too.
Old 06-17-2004, 11:10 PM

Originally Posted by RDM
Bottom line, this is the most expensive car I have ever bought at $32,300. I am disgusted with the purchase experience. If it wasn’t for the fact that I wanted this car I would not have put up with half of this. I should have bought the Acura TL, the Acura dealership was professional, and helpful, yours is not!
imho, that entire post should have been printed out and sent to nissan corporate headquarters. it's worth more than any 'checkbox' survey.
Old 06-18-2004, 04:51 AM
SuPeRmOd

I had a great experience at mine and responded accordingly. maye 4 very good and the rest excellent. He only pointed out that the survey was coming and that he asks everyone and receives most back. Also that he told me about he maintanence and would be calling me.

Since wanting an 04 since it debuted, he could tell i already knew everything about it and wanted one. So he kept trying to lower the price until I bit ($200 over invoice: both his #'s and mine off the Internet). Asked if there was anything else he could do (except give me more). Told him I would think about it and he was fine with that, photo-copied our deal and #'s for me and awaited my call.
Called him the next day during lunch and picked it up after work.