My Massive I30 Revival and Build Thread - Page 13 - Maxima Forums



Members Rides Post Pictures of YOUR car here. It may or may not be a Maxima.

My Massive I30 Revival and Build Thread

Reply
 
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-27-2018, 09:16 AM   #481  
Blown
iTrader: (81)
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Charlottesville, VA
Posts: 9,754
Hey Nick, just catching up on your thread a little. The cold start issue you are having may have to do with the size of the IACV hose going from your adapter to the vac source. I used to have this problem when I had a 3/8" fitting and hose on my Stephen Max adapter. So i swapped it out with a larger (I think it was 1/2") fitting and hose and the problem went away. I can try to find my thread that I posted about this on but it was years ago.
cardana24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2018, 10:34 AM   #482  
3.5 Swapped!
Thread Starter
iTrader: (32)
 
95maxrider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Herndon, VA
Posts: 7,098
Quote:
Originally Posted by cardana24 View Post
Hey Nick, just catching up on your thread a little. The cold start issue you are having may have to do with the size of the IACV hose going from your adapter to the vac source. I used to have this problem when I had a 3/8" fitting and hose on my Stephen Max adapter. So i swapped it out with a larger (I think it was 1/2") fitting and hose and the problem went away. I can try to find my thread that I posted about this on but it was years ago.
Hey Carson! That's good info, I'll search and see if I can find it. Thanks for the heads up!
95maxrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2018, 12:16 AM   #483  
Senior Member
iTrader: (5)
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Vancouver, WA
Posts: 1,109
Stumbled across your thread and absolutely enjoying it!

Keep up the good work!
Genes1s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2018, 08:12 AM   #484  
Father of the 00 VI
iTrader: (14)
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: amsterdam ,new york
Posts: 2,818
Quote:
Originally Posted by 95maxrider View Post
I removed what was left of the cruise control system (just a vacuum hose) and cleaned up the firewall some more using Purple Power. Clean is good







getting rid of the cruise. I noticed you still have the cruise pump and bracket ,on the strut tower. and i am surprised you didn't ditch all that hard line for the clutch.

Last edited by krismax; 07-08-2018 at 08:15 AM.
krismax is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2018, 05:49 PM   #485  
3.5 Swapped!
Thread Starter
iTrader: (32)
 
95maxrider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Herndon, VA
Posts: 7,098
Quote:
Originally Posted by krismax View Post
getting rid of the cruise. I noticed you still have the cruise pump and bracket ,on the strut tower. and i am surprised you didn't ditch all that hard line for the clutch.
Err, care to point out what you're referring to? There are a bunch of things in the pics that I have no idea what they are. I also never understood the purpose of that hard line.
95maxrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2018, 02:02 AM   #486  
Father of the 00 VI
iTrader: (14)
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: amsterdam ,new york
Posts: 2,818
Quote:
Originally Posted by 95maxrider View Post
Err, care to point out what you're referring to? There are a bunch of things in the pics that I have no idea what they are. I also never understood the purpose of that hard line.
Red circled cruise air pump with bracket. Two nuts underneath in wheel well and one bolt seen in picture.

Blue arrow points too part of the clutch line mess part of this in in the picture below.. Ditch all that and get a full SS line.
Third picture shows the room you get with the pump gone.
Attached Thumbnails
My Massive I30 Revival and Build Thread-img_0273_li.jpg   My Massive I30 Revival and Build Thread-img_6436.jpg   My Massive I30 Revival and Build Thread-img_6433.jpg  

Last edited by krismax; 07-09-2018 at 02:05 AM.
krismax is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2018, 05:50 AM   #487  
3.5 Swapped!
Thread Starter
iTrader: (32)
 
95maxrider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Herndon, VA
Posts: 7,098
Quote:
Originally Posted by krismax View Post
Red circled cruise air pump with bracket. Two nuts underneath in wheel well and one bolt seen in picture.

Blue arrow points too part of the clutch line mess part of this in in the picture below.. Ditch all that and get a full SS line.
Third picture shows the room you get with the pump gone.
I've already got a SS clutch line installed, what does the rest of that clutch stuff do? How can you remove it and still drive the car?
95maxrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2018, 07:27 AM   #488  
I'm nutty for Nissans
iTrader: (46)
 
JSutter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Portland, Maine
Posts: 9,269
You probably have the short SS hose that replaces the 2 rubber hoses on the trans. There is a long hose available that connects the slave to the master. Then you can remove the factory maze of hard lines.
JSutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2018, 07:29 AM   #489  
3.5 Swapped!
Thread Starter
iTrader: (32)
 
95maxrider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Herndon, VA
Posts: 7,098
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSutter View Post
You probably have the short SS hose that replaces the 2 rubber hoses on the trans. There is a long hose available that connects the slave to the master. Then you can remove the factory maze of hard lines.
Do you know who makes the long SS hose, or where I can get it from? What is the purpose of all that stuff that you're telling me to remove? I've been on the forum 17 years and this is all news to me!
95maxrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2018, 08:47 AM   #490  
Got Retrofit?
iTrader: (34)
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: NY
Posts: 14,520
I have a one piece slave to master line iffff you want.
ChrisMan287 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2018, 09:20 AM   #491  
I'm nutty for Nissans
iTrader: (46)
 
JSutter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Portland, Maine
Posts: 9,269
Nisformace has the hose or you can make your own. We're talking about it in this thread, https://maxima.org/forums/5th-genera...g-process.html
JSutter is offline   Reply With Quote
 
 
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
8th-gen Maxima reliability--better info mkaresh 8th Generation Maxima (2016-) 21 03-12-2018 06:48 PM
88 SE turbo vg30 build thread aw11power Supercharged/Turbocharged 159 02-11-2017 05:34 PM
Building Custom-Fit 2006-2008 350Z/G35 Front Calipers BPuff57 Advanced Suspension, Chassis, and Braking 30 06-20-2016 09:19 AM
Excessive road noise question uttadms31 4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) 2 09-30-2015 05:24 AM


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 11:23 AM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.